ADVERTISEMENT

Music: Overrated / Underrated

Eric Clapton
Overrated: Wonderful Tonight
(literally a song about a guy who gets so faced, they have to leave a party, and then she has to put him to bed)
Underrated: My Fathers Eyes

AC/DC
Overrated: You Shook me All Night Long
Underrated: Thunderstruck

U2
Overrated: Desire
Underrated: Pride

Bon Jovi
Overrated: Bad Medicine
Underrated: It's My Life
I would actually flip-flop the AC/DC songs. I hear Thunderstruck entirely too much. For me, that song got long in the tooth a few years after it was released.

Idk if it's underrated or not, but my personal all time fav of theirs is Long Way To the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n Roll). Amazing how well the bagpipes worked to enhance that song.

Black Sabbath

Overrated - Nothing
Underrated - EVERYTHING featuring any singer other than Ozzy
Dio, Tony Martin, Glenn Hughes especially.

Reactions: JohnnySurfin
I typically cringe as I peruse threads such as this on FGF forum, and this one is no different. Outside of a few discerning posters with decent taste, this is yet another thread demonstrating most of our posters view a night at Applebee's as "fine dining."

I typically cringe as I peruse threads such as this on FGF forum, and this one is no different. Outside of a few discerning posters with decent taste, this is yet another thread demonstrating most of our posters view a night at Applebee's as "fine dining."

You put that out there without listing your suggestions to be critiqued. Let’s hear’em.

Reactions: gamecokpride
I'm surprised you commented. You're typically too busy starting new threads.

yeah, on a message board to discuss stuff. What’s up man? You don’t like people having a discussion? Think about it, you share your criticism of folks without being bold enough to share your own thoughts so we can’t possibly criticize you. Then when I just say, let’s hear yours, you make a crack on me for starting threads? Seriously, what’s the deal? Did I offend you or something???

Good grief...

Last edited:
Reactions: Legendary Cock

98361767_3017149515039488_3137159892431798272_n.jpg

Most of the "underrated" songs mentioned in this thread play around the clock on classic rock radio

Yep. Underrated / Overrated is all relative to the person suggesting it. It depends on their criteria. No single right or wrong. That’s what makes it fun to discuss, really.

For example...I Love Enter Sandman. It’s great. But I list it as overrated because it’s probably Metallica’s most well-known song for a number of reasons, but I don’t think it’s their best song.

But I still love the song. For underrated, it may be a popular song as well, but might be not be as well known to everyone.

But my criteria can be completely different than another’s.

Only the Toby Keith song is one I’ve listed that I don’t care for, other than my sarcastic Dixie Chicks one. The others I like the overrated song as well.

Last edited:
KISS

Overrated- Rock and Roll All Nite
It's not bad, but like most classic rock groups, this is one of the only 2 or 3 songs you ever hear on the radio.

Underrated- Creatures of the Night
After their dabble in Disco-esque, this was probably their heaviest album to date. (Other honorable mentions on it were War Machine and I Love It Loud.)

Eric Clapton
Overrated: Wonderful Tonight
(literally a song about a guy who gets so faced, they have to leave a party, and then she has to put him to bed)
Underrated: My Fathers Eyes

Not to mention that girl was your best friend’s ex wife who you had been having affairs with for years . Even worse when that best friend was George Harrison .

Good lord, ok Beethoven .

Reactions: Carolina4
I can't read through the list. Too painful. I'm betting some poor, unenlightened soul mentioned at least one of these hideous train wrecks:

• Foreigner
  • The Grateful Dead
  • REO Speedwagon
  • Any hair band
  • Dave Matthews Band (platinum standard for crapola)
  • KISS

Oh, I could go on but what's the point?

I can't read through the list. Too painful. I'm betting some poor, unenlightened soul mentioned at least one of these hideous train wrecks:

• Foreigner
  • The Grateful Dead
  • REO Speedwagon
  • Any hair band
  • KISS

Ok, Let's hear it ?

I agree and I love "edge of the blade" the 1st song on the other side of Frontiers album.

Yea, Frontiers is a good album - they shoulda put Only Solutions on it though. It is listed on it as an outtake from the Tron Soundtrack.

• Foreigner
  • The Grateful Dead
  • REO Speedwagon
  • Any hair band
  • KISS

Exactly. What is the point? No one's forcing to post and act like a d!ck. That's a choice on your part.

From way back: Bob Dylan
overrated: blowin' in the wind
underrated: visions of johanna

KISS

Overrated- Rock and Roll All Nite
It's not bad, but like most classic rock groups, this is one of the only 2 or 3 songs you ever hear on the radio.

Underrated- Creatures of the Night
After their dabble in Disco-esque, this was probably their heaviest album to date. (Other honorable mentions on it were War Machine and I Love It Loud.)

Name a band / musician. List their most “overrated” song and most “underrated” song.

I’ll go first...

Metallica:
Overrated - Enter Sandman
Underrated: Fade to Black

both great. Enter Sandman is classic, but it’s likely the only Metallica song many out there know who aren’t fans of this genre.

J. Geils band:
Overrated - Centerfold, Freeze Frame
Underrated - Musta Got Lost

Styx:
Overrated - Babe
Underrated - Renegade

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT