ADVERTISEMENT

My oh my, how .............

My oh my how far this baseball team has fallen!!!
free-fallin-im-free.gif

Reactions: cockofdawn
How far has the baseball program fallen?

When the game started, I was at the auto parts store standing in line thinking "I wonder what time the USC baseball game is today" having no idea it had already started. When I got back in my car and turned it over to the radio station, they were in the bottom of the 1st inning.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I saw someone mention this online.

There is always something off with a Mark Kingston team. It's either one thing or another.

I had a high school baseball coach that I know tell me that this just isn't a very good baseball team overall- too many glaring weaknesses that will be easy to exploit by the good teams on the schedule - and that we can't hide.

I hated to hear that - and he broke it down in baseball terms much more than I can repeat - but this guy knows his baseball.

My reply was that we've had good recruiting classes - and he agreed that some individual parts are quality- but a lot of other teams have done as good or better- and that the most important part - the finished product of those teams - looks much more refined than it does with USC.

(I took that to mean our coaches aren't very good but he didn't say it quite like that. Coaches don't like to say that about each other straight out. But that's what it sounded like he was saying).

It's Ray's fault if you want to blame the Kingston hire. But the state of the program was set before Kingston got here. Yea, Ray wanted to move out because he had reached the top of the mountain. But the common consensus of those that pushed Ray into the AD gig was that false flag that Holbrook on the recruiting trail was the actual key to the baseball success. And other schools were approaching him and the powers that be felt that they were about to lose him. That set the wheels in motion to put Ray at AD. They thought football was doing OK with SOS, and that baseball was on autopilot with Holbrook. Until it all didn't work out like they thought.

I saw someone mention this online.

There is always something off with a Mark Kingston team. It's either one thing or another.

I had a high school baseball coach that I know tell me that this just isn't a very good baseball team overall- too many glaring weaknesses that will be easy to exploit by the good teams on the schedule - and that we can't hide.

I hated to hear that - and he broke it down in baseball terms much more than I can repeat - but this guy knows his baseball.

My reply was that we've had good recruiting classes - and he agreed that some individual parts are quality- but a lot of other teams have done as good or better- and that the most important part - the finished product of those teams - looks much more refined than it does with USC.

(I took that to mean our coaches aren't very good but he didn't say it quite like that. Coaches don't like to say that about each other straight out. But that's what it sounded like he was saying).
Much respect to your HS coach.

Much respect to your HS coach.

Wasn't mine- just a guy I know that is one. I asked him what he thought. He told me. He doesn't care about USC or Clemson as far as I can tell. I don't even know him well. But thought I'd ask him last evening when I had the passing chance because I heard him mention he had seen some of our games.

I was hoping for a shred of "they will be pretty good eventually" but didn't get it.

Getting absolutely pounded by them today might be the best thing that happens to us all year. Sometimes it takes that to open the eyes of the administration.
Well, that administration of which you speak has been napping rather soundly for at least the last 5 years. Time for new blood from top to bottom. And, definitely NO hires from within.

Well, that administration of which you speak has been napping rather soundly for at least the last 5 years. Time for new blood from top to bottom. And, definitely NO hires from within.

No doubt.

This weekend was very, very ugly. Lots of distance between Clemson and South Carolina was evident this weekend.

Reactions: Lakecock1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT