ADVERTISEMENT

My Plea to All Gamecocks: Just Don’t Show Up - ONE GAME

To hell with just skipping the Charleston Southern game. I say make a real statement & stay away all together.

That’s up to u. I think they’d get the point with one if it were obvious. But people spend a lot of money and love this team. Players do deserve better. We should support players than chose to play there. This would not be a statement against them...just their loser coach.

Reactions: Garnetskies
I agree Carolina4.This is a first class shit show.Ihave been defending Champ but I alas cannot anymore.He is a DC and nothing more.He looks lost.I am done defending his ass.No one needs to show up next week.We are going to end up 4-8 or 5-7 anyway
Everyone keep your butt at home.Its over.Concretecock and Bobby1975, Im here to eat crow.You giys were right, I have seen the light and it aint champ

Thank you. Together we can send a powerful message. (some of us just knew it / saw it before others. ) @BobbyB1975

Even Carolina4 is my brother tonight. This isn't ok. @Carolina4

You're right. That's how Kentucky fans got the message to their AD about Joker Phillips. It worked and they got Stoops.

That's exactly how we got Stoops. That game against Vandy is in UK lore now. We look back at it now as the great turning point in UK football.
ukcrowdhalftime.jpg

wK5WH.So.79.jpeg

I’d love to get stoops. Let’s try it

I'd prefer you not, LOL.

However, there are some young guys on our staff that would fit nicely with South Carolina. Brad White is our defensive coordinator and is widely credited with turning Josh Allen into an All-American. You might nab him, but I hope you don't.

The one big mistake is going after a retread "name" coach. Nine times out of ten it doesn't work.

We lost to the worst ACC team in the worst division of the ACC! What the heck are our coaches doing, heard about how deep we were..//?

So you think we should win because we are in the SEC? Somebody forgot to tell UNC. They have good players too. The conference argument is weak.

He just got another raise the other day. The only programs I could see Stoops leaving UK would be Ohio State, Norte Dame, and maybe FSU. I could be wrong though.

Hard to say. He has no ties to Notre Dame and his tie to FSU was Jimbo Fisher, who is now gone. The only temptation for him, I think is Ohio State.

Exactly the same here. Which is why the UF game last season felt about 10 times worse as most loses to me. I hoped so damn hard they’d Be wrong and I’d get to laugh. They were right, and I’m embarrassed about it.

How many of your Gator gator buddy’s called or texted you laughing or apologizing after we hired him ?? I had a bunch . Lol

How many of your Gator gator buddy’s called or texted you laughing or apologizing after we hired him ?? I had a bunch . Lol

Honestly they were more like smart a$$es about it. None of my actual “gator friends” said a word. They just felt pity on me. Nobody understood it. Even when I tried to explain the process and how he was our 5th - 6th choice...they still couldn’t comprehend how we thought he could win at SC and not at UF. It makes too much sense really..we all knew it. I found it interesting that nobody respected him as a person, despite how much his players like him. I have yet to meet a fan that has a good word to say. Even when it comes to discipline / cleaning things up...nothing.

They despise Will Muschamp as a person. I’m with them. I don’t get the fascination with him. How in the world did this goober ever get 2 SEC jobs?

Reactions: Carolina86
Honestly they were more like smart a$$es about it. None of my actual “gator friends” said a word. They just felt pity on me. Nobody understood it. Even when I tried to explain the process and how he was our 5th - 6th choice...they still couldn’t comprehend how we thought he could win at SC and not at UF. It makes too much sense really..we all knew it. I found it interesting that nobody respected him as a person, despite how much his players like him. I have yet to meet a fan that has a good word to say. Even when it comes to discipline / cleaning things up...nothing.

They despise Will Muschamp as a person. I’m with them. I don’t get the fascination with him. How in the world did this goober ever get 2 SEC jobs?

Yeah I got the same . They HATE him in Gainesville . I mean HATE him . I really think that Tanner just screwed the pooch because he thought he had Herman in the Bag . When that fell thru and Richt got canned in UGA he was left standing there like the ugly kid at the dance . He took the only guy left . I don’t buy all this “ Muschamp was the guy the whole time “ Garbage . I also don’t buy the old “Nobody Wanted this Job” spill either . This team was two years away from a top 5 finish . With any semblance of a defense the 2014 team wins 10 games . This was still a marquee SEC job and Ray just botched it plain and simple . He’s a hell of a baseball coach , that’s all I can say . I don’t really dislike Muschamp or get angry at him . If you hire a plumber to fix the brakes on your truck things might not go so well . He’s just not an SEC Head Football Coach . The folks at Auburn will tell you he’s not even a great DC anymore . He did the best he could here with the very limited HC Skills he has . He can’t get it done here plain and simple , very few can and he’s not Steve Spurrier or Lou Holtz by a long shot . Thank him for his time , eat the buyout and cut bait ASAP . It’s just business .

I'm pretty sure that very few Gamecocks showed up for today's game .... I know the coaching staff didn't! ;)

Thank you. Together we can send a powerful message. (some of us just knew it / saw it before others. ) @BobbyB1975

Even Carolina4 is my brother tonight. This isn't ok. @Carolina4
Hell, I generally agree with you at this point. This was embarrassing. Not because we lost, but because we looked lost, unprepared and completely out matched for much of the game. I can handle losing as long as we are getting beat by a team that is out playing us with better talent. But these two teams at WORST are evenly matched talent wise. And we acted like we had no interst in winning the game when it mattered. Throwing bombs to the endzone with a minute and a half left on the clock when we only needed 10 yards. It was sickening that Mack was 2 steps ahead of Will all game. Not that Mack isn't a good coach, but EVERY coach seems to be ahead of Will.

Hell, I generally agree with you at this point. This was embarrassing. Not because we lost, but because we looked lost, unprepared and completely out matched for much of the game. I can handle losing as long as we are getting beat by a team that is out playing us with better talent. But these two teams at WORST are evenly matched talent wise. And we acted like we had no interst in winning the game when it mattered. Throwing bombs to the endzone with a minute and a half left on the clock when we only needed 10 yards. It was sickening that Mack was 2 steps ahead of Will all game. Not that Mack isn't a good coach, but EVERY coach seems to be ahead of Will.

I understand the frustration. Saw it coming a mile away. But I'm not going to rehash it here. Instead I'm going to point this out: you can go back and read all my posts if you want but I have more or less been a Jake supporter ever since his freshman season. Not a very strong one mind you but I definitely was NOT one of the ones bitching about Jake every week. If you were to honestly evaluate any comments I have made on Jake ....I would probably wind up in the "neutral" category.

That changed yesterday. Jake is not the answer. This is bad. To make this whole situation worse, Hilinski should start and play every snap of the Charleston game.....and it has ZERO to do with anyone's performance yesterday or the outcome of yesterdays game. (including the coaching staff)

It's just the easiest, most logical decision in front of the staff at the moment. RH starting and playing every snap vs Charleston should have been planned out during the offseason but I guarantee you there is no plan.....nothing approaching logic and certainly nothing that "covers" the raw math of RH playing the full 16 quarters allowed by the new NCAA rule.

Champ is going to botch this up for sure. He's going to start Bentley.....waste an entire half of the game before putting in RH...to make SURE we don't lose .....and it's completely unnecessary. He could put your or I out there next week to start and we'd still win pretty easily.

And if RH doesn't see a single minute next week, Champ should be fired on the field after the game. This is a big deal. The whole RH playing time thing.... and this whole situation is bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT