ADVERTISEMENT

My PSA for ticket buyers at the stadium.

section907

Sep 16, 2000
Be careful buying tickets outside of the stadium. I’ve bought and sold 100’s and this would be the 1st time I wouldn’t buy from an unknown source. Season ticket holders have the option to receive their tix digital or pay $20 and have hard tix mailed to them. My friend had hard tickets mailed to them but also has access to the same tix digitally.
So. Technically he can redeem either. And it’s the 1st one to redeem that gets to use it. He can sell his hard tickets to a scalper and use the digital version. By time the scalper resells it, it’s no longer valid. And pretty hard to trace back . Sure. U can see owns the tix but that’s not going to prove much.
Anyway. It takes a shitty of a person to pull this off. But a lot of 1st time buyers will be out tomorrow.

as the old saying goes. If it’s too good to be true it’s probably not real. Be careful.

Go Gamecocks.

Be careful buying tickets outside of the stadium. I’ve bought and sold 100’s and this would be the 1st time I wouldn’t buy from an unknown source. Season ticket holders have the option to receive their tix digital or pay $20 and have hard tix mailed to them. My friend had hard tickets mailed to them but also has access to the same tix digitally.
So. Technically he can redeem either. And it’s the 1st one to redeem that gets to use it. He can sell his hard tickets to a scalper and use the digital version. By time the scalper resells it, it’s no longer valid. And pretty hard to trace back . Sure. U can see owns the tix but that’s not going to prove much.
Anyway. It takes a shitty of a person to pull this off. But a lot of 1st time buyers will be out tomorrow.

as the old saying goes. If it’s too good to be true it’s probably not real. Be careful.

Go Gamecocks.
Thanks for the heads up. Is there a way to purchase both the digital and paper tickets at the same time from a scalper?

Go Gamecocks.
Sounds like there could be 130,000 in attendance tomorrow…LOL. Thanks for the heads up.

That seriously sounds like a cluster screw and I’ve heard the same thing. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if there were thousands of duplicate legitimate tickets out there Saturday.

That would suck...jmo...if a digital, and paper ticket attempts to be used they should have their tickets revoked in the future...unless of course they are reported stolen. I only purchase thru the ticket office.

Not everyone has hard tickets. So depends if u can buy both. But I’d definitely get some id from the person selling. Take his picture with the ticket in hand. Can’t hurt.

Reactions: Bleadgandb3334
That would suck...jmo...if a digital, and paper ticket attempts to be used they should have their tickets revoked in the future...unless of course they are reported stolen. I only purchase thru the ticket office.
I agree 100%.

This is a poorly implemented cluster. I’ve bought tickets outside the stadium for years. This really screws things up. Glad I’m not going right still my young boys can get vaccinated.
Maybe they will fix this next year but I’m not hopeful.

what a mess.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
This is a poorly implemented cluster. I’ve bought tickets outside the stadium for years. This really screws things up. Glad I’m not going right still my young boys can get vaccinated.
Maybe they will fix this next year but I’m not hopeful.

what a mess.
I have similar concerns. I went to the Eastern Illinois game, which wasn’t sold out and let my kids hang out near the top. Went in about an hour early and got some food and drink and just chilled.

Might could do that for Troy or Vandy. You’d feel pretty safe and still get to experience a game with your kids.

I paid a little more than I would have had I waited 30-40 minutes to buy, but at least I knew my kids were around very few other people for the entire experience.

I have similar concerns. I went to the Eastern Illinois game, which wasn’t sold out and let my kids hang out near the top. Went in about an hour early and got some food and drink and just chilled.

Might could do that for Troy or Vandy. You’d feel pretty safe and still get to experience a game with your kids.

I paid a little more than I would have had I waited 30-40 minutes to buy, but at least I knew my kids were around very few other people for the entire experience.
Exactly. I had missed 2 home games since 1996 until last year. I didn’t go at all. Now I’m not going out there with all that humanity packed together and not near enough vax and masks.

I may have to buy season tickets next year with this stupid digital ticket insanity.

what’s the cheapest scholarship cost and ticket cost for something at least lower half of the upper deck?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT