ADVERTISEMENT

MY QUESTIONS TO ALL THE TATERS THAT VISIT OUR BOARD....

My response will be the same as you when your team finishes 7-5. Overated.

TaterTrolls- go back to the hills... Overrated? Wouldn't that mean we would have to be ranked in order to be overrated? I guess it could be similar to Dabo's logic of being a National Championship contender after beating LSU in the CFA bowl game.... Tater logic never changes.

Newsflash, we could go 2-10 next year and Dabo isn't going anywhere because of the buyout we have for him and our coordinators. So, frankly, we have no choice.

If you're good with a coach that found you at 6-6 when he took the job going 6-6 in year 10 and 11 of his coaching stint, then that's cool with me. Your standards are your standards, I was just inquiring.

Yep. Standards for us is 5 out of 6 against you tatertots. How does it feel to be the tallest midget in the ACC? When was the last time you beat a ranked team? Playing a WEAK schedule against Wake, Syracuse, BC each year is tough right???? Throw in the Woffords and App State type teams and you already have 5 wins built in EVERY year. All you need is to win less than half your games remaining to have an 8-4 year, back-door your way into a decent bowl because of bowl ties and there you go! National Contenders!!!!

We once used the rivalry record as our "standard." We eventually changed our standard and fired the coach. Best thing to happen to Clemson football in the last two decades.

If Spurrier doesn't win the SEC this year, he actually moves into second place all-time for an SEC record that might cause him to call an special press conference if a newspaper wrote about it.

We once used the rivalry record as our "standard." We eventually changed our standard and fired the coach. Best thing to happen to Clemson football in the last two decades.

If Spurrier doesn't win the SEC this year, he actually moves into second place all-time for an SEC record that might cause him to call an special press conference if a newspaper wrote about it.
Haha. You're kidding yourself if you think your season isn't based on beating Carolina. You won the pitiful a c c (1 time in 20 years) and were annihilated in the orange bowl, won 10 games, but still couldn't beat Carolina & your fans were calling for dumbo's head for 5 years.

When Spurrier wants to talk, there's an actual "press conference" with multiple media outlets showing up. When dumbo wanted to do his rant he could only find one press guy (from his own website) to listen. Dumbo knew Spurrier didn't make the comments, but still had to run his mouth & bash USC. Pathetic.

Good #7 post! Haha.

Last edited:
You guys are still upset about Dabo's rant? When was that? 4or 5 years ago?

So..... In summary, Cocky4SC is good with 3 SEC wins a year (at least for this season) as long as the gamecocks can win the next 5 matchups with Clemson.

Good to know.

So..... In summary, Cocky4SC is good with 3 SEC wins a year (at least for this season) as long as the gamecocks can win the next 5 matchups with Clemson.

Good to know.
Good to know you're on post #8.

dumbo maneuvered the rant. he'll have to live with the consequences. he did it, not us. enjoy!

Last edited:
For those of you humoring yourself by reading the last 1/3rd of this thread..... Notice all the question Dodgers that completely disregard my question and just start blasting Clemson.

There, now I have 9 posts!! Pretty soon I'll be a Tenderfoot or First Class! Oh boy, I can't wait. Then the older kids will stop making fun of me and I'll really be a grown man when I hit 1,000+

" ... I'll really be a grown man when I hit 1,000+"

You'll be a man when you have a place of your own and don't have to wake up and riff through your neighbor's mailbox to find something to read.

Reactions: oakley51

Good to know.

Tatertot- reading comprehension must not be taught at Pickens Tech... I never said I was ok with 3 sec wins. I find that highly unlikely that happens. But if it does... What could I have done about it? Not a dang thing. The difference between you inbreds and us is very simple, you were ready to fire Dabo just two seasons ago, but couldn't because someone didn't know how to write a contract that wouldn't cost Clemsux millions in a buyout.

Tatertot- reading comprehension must not be taught at Pickens Tech... I never said I was ok with 3 sec wins. I find that highly unlikely that happens. But if it does... What could I have done about it? Not a dang thing. The difference between you inbreds and us is very simple, you were ready to fire Dabo just two seasons ago, but couldn't because someone didn't know how to write a contract that wouldn't cost Clemsux millions in a buyout.

I'm pretty sure that no significant % of the fan base has ever been ready to fire Dabo. People saw that with long overdue facility upgrades and Dabo's recruiting ability, that CU football was building momentum. About 4 years ago, we had a change in leadership at the BOT level and the CU president and athletic director were told to open up the wallet and start being competitive. Since that time, Dabo has been able to hire anyone he wants and facilities have been built with others on the way. Since that time, the program has been consistently moving forward.

Reactions: anon_zp1one8polj90
" ... facilities have been built with others on the way."

True. They striped their bus lane running from one side of Memorial stadium to the other, and next year hope to install reflectors every 5th dash.

Any fool can see Clemson's "improvements" are neck-in-neck with the dodie, the rice building, our softball fields, the tennis center, our baseball park, the farmer's market, the fairgrounds, the plaza surrounding willie-b, our indoor practice facility, the scoreboard, our basketball locker room improvements and 'Carolina's new alumni building.

We're gonna' need to come up with some new stuff to stay ahead of those guys!

These Clemson fans are excited to the point of being fanatic all because of last year's win over Carolina and Oklahoma. They have lost all fear of Carolina thinking that they now have the upper hand over us in all things football. Any body thinking Clemson has a playoff team this year has a serious problem (other than Tater posters who come on our boards). Clemson has five cup cake opponents this year but beyond that, they will have a hard time beating anyone . You cannot be a real contender with no offensive or defensive lines , average linebackers, no power in the running game , shaky special teams , and average defensive backs even though they call themselves THE NO FLY ZONE. Add to that, Dabo will probably take on more responsibility in running the offense with his co- cords having no experience. Watching our success this year and their having to face reality is going to be fun if you're a Gamecock.

" ... facilities have been built with others on the way."

True. They striped their bus lane running from one side of Memorial stadium to the other, and next year hope to install reflectors every 5th dash.

Any fool can see Clemson's "improvements" are neck-in-neck with the dodie, the rice building, our softball fields, the tennis center, our baseball park, the farmer's market, the fairgrounds, the plaza surrounding willie-b, our indoor practice facility, the scoreboard, our basketball locker room improvements and 'Carolina's new alumni building.

We're gonna' need to come up with some new stuff to stay ahead of those guys!

Take off the garnet glasses a sec...recruits themselves are very complimentary of Clemson's facilities. No offense, but I'll value and take their personal opinion over yours any day of the week...they're all that matter. Besides, if facilities were all that matter and you guys consider yours better, wouldn't Mr. Fields be dressed in garnet?

Just some a couple quick quotes by recruits:

Blake Vinson (OT-2017):
"The facilities were crazy," Vinson said . "Everything in the football area is the nicest I've seen. They said they're building a whole new facility too. Can't wait to see that."

LeAnthony Williams (CB-2017)
"The Clemson coaches, the program, the facilities - it was just an amazing experience," Williams said.

I believe Carolina probably has some impressive facilities...but they're just a small percent of the whole equation...

Take off the garnet glasses a sec...recruits themselves are very complimentary of Clemson's facilities. No offense, but I'll value and take their personal opinion over yours any day of the week...they're all that matter. Besides, if facilities were all that matter and you guys consider yours better, wouldn't Mr. Fields be dressed in garnet?

Blake Vinson (OT-2017):
"The facilities were crazy," Vinson said . "Everything in the football area is the nicest I've seen. They said they're building a whole new facility too. Can't wait to see that."

"The Clemson coaches, the program, the facilities - it was just an amazing experience," Williams said.

I believe Carolina probably has some impressive facilities...but they're just a small percent of the whole equation...
So you want quotes from recruits who have visited Carolina?

Blake Vinson (OT-2017):

Both programs have nice facilities

Both have nice facilities. Let's end that pissing contest right now.

HA!!!

I've visited Coach Spurrier's office once (AWESOME, looking out over the stadium playing surface it's like wandering through the football hall-of-fame) but have never been in Coach Swinney's home away from home.

I did take the Clemson-produced 'YouTube' tour of Dabo's new digs as well as the entire Clemson football staff's offices when they opened for Bit-NESS a couple of year's back. I was struck by three things at Clemson: 1) the near-total lack of decorative woodwork trim on baseboards or around windows and doors; 2) the flat-out institutional-quality of the carpets selected, and

3) EVERY STICK of furniture in the Clemson offices was surfaced with faux-wood Formica ... every desk, every table ... it looked like the grunt section of some beltway bandit company akin to Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman or the middle-section engineering staff's daily digs at GM ... definitely NOT the 'executive suites'.

It was Absolutely 'BRAND NEW' ... and as different in tone, texture and touch as 200-year old reclaimed random-width heart pine flooring is from 3" wide 6-mil laminated, engineered faux-wood flooring glued down by "jimmy the carpet-guy."

'Carolina's digs reminded me of an 18th century Robert Mills-inspired architectural gem while Clemson's war zone looks sturdy enough, but much more like a factory-assembled prefab mobile home.

I assume that was by design, and as it turned out - prescient on Dabo's part. Maybe he KNEW some kid like Kelly was gonna' barge in and knock his cherry-sunrise surprise cola or whatever it was outta' his hand sooner rather than later. ZOOM! ZOOM! Two passes with a swiffer-sweeper and PRESTO! Good as new!

Both programs have nice facilities

That's my point...both facilities are nice. In the end, comfort/feel on campus, academics, proximity to home, playing time, relationship with coaches and probably a handful of other things would seem to be of higher importance than facilities.

I assume that was by design, and as it turned out - prescient on Dabo's part. Maybe he KNEW some kid like Kelly was gonna' barge in and knock his cherry-sunrise surprise cola or whatever it was outta' his hand sooner rather than later. ZOOM! ZOOM! Two passes with a swiffer-sweeper and PRESTO! Good as new!
Pretty sure it was a box of Capri Sun pouch..with an attached staw.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
HA!!!

I've visited Coach Spurrier's office once (AWESOME, looking out over the stadium playing surface it's like wandering through the football hall-of-fame) but have never been in Coach Swinney's home away from home.

I did take the Clemson-produced 'YouTube' tour of Dabo's new digs as well as the entire Clemson football staff's offices when they opened for Bit-NESS a couple of year's back. I was struck by three things at Clemson: 1) the near-total lack of decorative woodwork trim on baseboards or around windows and doors; 2) the flat-out institutional-quality of the carpets selected, and

3) EVERY STICK of furniture in the Clemson offices was surfaced with faux-wood Formica ... every desk, every table ... it looked like the grunt section of some beltway bandit company akin to Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman or the middle-section engineering staff's daily digs at GM ... definitely NOT the 'executive suites'.

It was Absolutely 'BRAND NEW' ... and as different in tone, texture and touch as 200-year old reclaimed random-width heart pine flooring is from 3" wide 6-mil laminated, engineered faux-wood flooring glued down by "jimmy the carpet-guy."

'Carolina's digs reminded me of an 18th century Robert Mills-inspired architectural gem while Clemson's war zone looks sturdy enough, but much more like a factory-assembled prefab mobile home.

Did you seriously just bring Robert Mills into a discussion about college football and college football recruiting? Can't say I've seen that before.

Did you seriously just bring Robert Mills into a discussion about college football and college football recruiting? Can't say I've seen that before.

I'm supposed to be surprised?

One, I understand it's near impossible to see out those frosted windows on your momma's trailer model, and Two; Pickens County is hardly a hotbed of classical architecture what with its history of red shirts and pitchforks and farm buildings and staggering number of half-moon doors on twin-seater 'necessaries'.

Spent last weekend at Lake Keowee and went by Clemson. Stadium was nice. West End zone looks good. Arguing over that sort of stuff is pointless. Lake Keowee was beautiful. Rented a pontoon boat and had great time

Reactions: mplang
Bottom line, you lost 5 in a row ,panic set in and now you are spending every last dime you can get to stay in the( football only) arms race. Have to say tho' you guys now have a really nice looking stadium and football complex. Be prepared to dig up more money 'cause the arms race has just begun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT