ADVERTISEMENT

*** Myles Murphy post announcement notes...

W

Wes Mitchell

A few notes I picked up at Dudley High today...

** South Carolina was definitely the leader following his official visit to Columbia and remained as so through the Florida and Alabama trips. His recruitment turned during his UNC official. Murphy credited the love he felt from the UNC fans, his relationship with the coaches, and the vibe there for his decision. UNC also sold him on being like some of their former defensive linemen.

** Murphy says he's now going to try to recruit Michael Wyman to join him at UNC. Wyman says on the record that he'll listen to his friend out of respect, but from what I'm told Wyman has no interest in the Tar Heels and is firmly committed to the Gamecocks. Wyman also tells me that he's going to continue to recruit Murphy to South Carolina.

** It's safe to say that Murphy's decision came as a surprise to South Carolina's commitments. As we reported leading into the announcement, both staffs were given reasons to believe they would be the pick.

** Murphy seems locked in on his decision, based on the vibe I got today, but as we've mentioned, this one will be worth continuing to track.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News