ADVERTISEMENT

N.I.L. stands for ....

Southern Fried Chicken

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2022
"We're NOT Professionals!!!. We just wanna be PAID like we are!"

Wait-a-minute. That doesn't match-up with those letters!

Neither does the Talent Level with what they're being paid, my friend. Neither does the Talent Level.

Reactions: GCDC1959
Get more familiar with what it is you do not like. Just a suggestion.

NIL was birthed when the Hog (NCAA) refused to move over at the trough. They thought things would die down as Ed O’Bannon suit aged. It did not and others (California & other lawyers) challenged the status quo… the rest is history and you can’t put a fart in a bottle. We are forever changed. NCAA got in bed with ESPN and then got kicked out for major conference ADs & college presidents. It still ain’t over.

Get more familiar with what it is you do not like. Just a suggestion.

NIL was birthed when the Hog (NCAA) refused to move over at the trough. They thought things would die down as Ed O’Bannon suit aged. It did not and others (California & other lawyers) challenged the status quo… the rest is history and you can’t put a fart in a bottle. We are forever changed. NCAA got in bed with ESPN and then got kicked out for major conference ADs & college presidents. It still ain’t over.
As I have posted, several times, College Football died the first time they stopped a game for a commercial.

What chaps my wrinkled ass is there are/WERE a million and half GOOD athletes who would sell their ex-wives body, just to wear the uniform. To get in for a play would be reason for a religious conversion and to actually be a 'player' was what we all dreamed about when we put our head on the pillow each night.

I chose College Football over The NFL because it was more about hopes and dreams ... and remember that old saying? ... the Ole College Try! ... not just dollars and cents.

EDIT: And dear Lord please don't punish me by bringing High School Football into my life. I can't stand the Fans nor the Parents!

Last edited:
College football like most things is evolving. Either adapt or fall by the wayside. I sort of like the NIL era has arrived. Players have been getting paid under the table for decades. There are schools that put a high priority on winning and they do not allow recruiting rules getting in their way. NIL takes this cheating advantage away from those programs.

The Olympics were great when we sent our amateurs to compete. Now, it's just a sporting event. Remember "The Miracle on Ice"?

Supposedly, LSU is offering Joyce Edwards $2.5 Million NIL deal to come play WBB. She'd make more there than her entire career in the WNBA.

College athletics is now a full blown professional sport. Most of these kids don't give two craps about the school they play for.

I'll keep watching and pulling for Carolina but the allure of college athletics is fading away very fast.

Eventually college football will be seen as a minor league sport. It will be interesting to see if the fans keep showing up.

The Olympics were great when we sent our amateurs to compete. Now, it's just a sporting event. Remember "The Miracle on Ice"?

Supposedly, LSU is offering Joyce Edwards $2.5 Million NIL deal to come play WBB. She'd make more there than her entire career in the WNBA.

College athletics is now a full blown professional sport. Most of these kids don't give two craps about the school they play for.

I'll keep watching and pulling for Carolina but the allure of college athletics is fading away very fast.

Eventually college football will be seen as a minor league sport. It will be interesting to see if the fans keep showing up.

Agreed.

Now
Its
Legal

Anyone who actually believes the big boys weren't paying players under the table, and employing "The Bag Man" is hopelessly naive.

Now
Its
Legal

Anyone who actually believes the big boys weren't paying players under the table, and employing "The Bag Man" is hopelessly naive.

Agree, but I'll take it a step further. It wasn't just the "big boys". Paying players was much more widespread.

Now
Its
Legal

Agree and Disagree. Prior to the NIL, the NCAA operated enforcement of paying players like random drug testing. Now you can openly hang a shingle. It's a completely different era. Also, coaches wouldn't be talking about it all the time if it was just the status quo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT