ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA announces rule changes for BB

You know a lot of players are pretty frustrated, wondering what took the NCAA so long to show some common sense regarding this issue
I say better late than never. These changes are a lot to digest in a hurry, but I see a lot of good coming out of this. I look forward to seeing college basketball in this new and more realistic landscape.

Reactions: vehemon
This is good news. This will really benefit schools like us where we are able to get good players, but not the guys who are guaranteed draft picks or one and dones. If PJ had come back last year, I think we would have easily made the tournament again. Not to mention he would have benefited from another year of development.

Reactions: ansoncock
This has the potential to be a fiasco also . So if I’m a player and I’m not happy with my situation in college I can enter the draft and then go back to any school I want if I’m not drafted ??!? If I’m not happy with the NBA team that drafts me can I just go back to school and reapply for the draft the next year ??? I say throw out the one and done rule and allow players and their families to make their own decisions and deal with the repercussions. That’s life .

If I’m not happy with the NBA team that drafts me can I just go back to school and reapply for the draft the next year ??? .

What’s wrong with that? Not very many professions lock you into a job. My question would be if a contract were involved. Signing on the dotted line should lock a player.

What’s wrong with that? Not very many professions lock you into a job. My question would be if a contract were involved. Signing on the dotted line should lock a player.
It still might. I think these rules allow the player to test the waters.

They might not lock you into a job... but put some massive restrictions and things you can do on your next job. The last few job changes I've had... I've spoke with their lawyers almost as long as I have with their HR before I started the job.

Yeah good point but what’s to stop every elite college player saying “ I’ll only sign with these Three Elite Teams if I’m drafted and if not I’ll go back to school” It’s far fetched but with this scenario it could happen . It would certainly solve the NBA tanking problem .

This is a fluff change by NCAA.....now ALLOWING agents to have the green light will result in more broken rules and greater amount of money under the table.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT