ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA just hammered Ok. State Basketball

Three years probation and a ban from the NCAA tournament this year.

Are we next, considering we received a Notice of Allegations? This article specifically links Lamont Evans' dealing to us.
Oklahoma State given 1-year NCAA tourney ban http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...lahoma-state-given-1-year-ncaa-tournament-ban
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

So are we next???

South Carolina announced in February that it also had received a notice of allegations, including a Level I violation, related to Evans accepting bribes while employed by the Gamecocks.

In a notice of allegations sent to Oklahoma State in November, the NCAA alleged that Evans "violated the NCAA principles of ethical conduct when he knowingly solicited and received benefits for facilitating or arranging a meeting between student-athletes and financial advisors" from April 2016 to September 2017.

If we get any probation and a 1 year tournament ban that could be the last straw for me with NCAA basketball. They are so selective in who and how they punish schools. And now they are allowing players to accept money but they are going to ban us from the tournament (the tournament our coach can't get an invitation to because he can't beat mediocre mid majors in December) because of some rouge assistant coach arranging meetings with financial advisors? UNC keeps illiterate players eligible for decades with fake classes and all they get is national championships. So damn corrupt.

So are we next???

South Carolina announced in February that it also had received a notice of allegations, including a Level I violation, related to Evans accepting bribes while employed by the Gamecocks.

In a notice of allegations sent to Oklahoma State in November, the NCAA alleged that Evans "violated the NCAA principles of ethical conduct when he knowingly solicited and received benefits for facilitating or arranging a meeting between student-athletes and financial advisors" from April 2016 to September 2017.
hope the Final Four won't be vacated and erased, our one achievement in basketball in 50 years.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
If we get any probation and a 1 year tournament ban that could be the last straw for me with NCAA basketball. They are so selective in who and how they punish schools. And now they are allowing players to accept money but they are going to ban us from the tournament (the tournament our coach can't get an invitation to because he can't beat mediocre mid majors in December) because of some rouge assistant coach arranging meetings with financial advisors? UNC keeps illiterate players eligible for decades with fake classes and all they get is national championships. So damn corrupt.
I've said it before: I don't know how Evans's personal (crooked) dealings is supposed to have benefited us. He committed selfish acts for his own financial benefit.

But I've got a bad feeling about this.

But widespread academic fraud at UNC was ok - no problem. NCAA is a joke.

technically the UNC issue was not an NCAA issue - and the technicality is how they got off.

it wasn’t an extra benefit to the athletes because literally everyone receiving the vaunted unc education Could get free A’s by signing up for these classes.

seriously though, how do you never go into a class and get an A and then just keep quiet. Though I guess character has stopped being important in this country - so maybe they were just ahead of the curve.

Reactions: midline
I've said it before: I don't know how Evans's personal (crooked) dealings is supposed to have benefited us. He committed selfish acts for his own financial benefit.

As the lead recruiter for Thornwell and Dozier, a bad feeling is probably warranted. However, evans isn’t talking and neither are those two, so the coast is clear.

technically the UNC issue was not an NCAA issue - and the technicality is how they got off.

it wasn’t an extra benefit to the athletes because literally everyone receiving the vaunted unc education Could get free A’s by signing up for these classes.

seriously though, how do you never go into a class and get an A and then just keep quiet. Though I guess character has stopped being important in this country - so maybe they were just ahead of the curve.

Exactly. Many on here that are terminally jealous of Carolina want to think that it was developed for athletes. Hardly. And the reason the NCAA, nor the college accreditation folks didn't want to touch it is the PC world we live in these days. The trouble was caused by the administrators of that discipline who wanted to hand out grades in an effort to bolster the graduation chances of African American students. And nobody wanted to really challenge it because all involved knew that it would turn into a racial issue that none of them wanted to touch.

As the lead recruiter for Thornwell and Dozier, a bad feeling is probably warranted. However, evans isn’t talking and neither are those two, so the coast is clear.
I hope you're right. But him not talking didn't stop Ok State from feeling the brunt of the NCAA's wrath.

I hope you're right. But him not talking didn't stop Ok State from feeling the brunt of the NCAA's wrath.

Evans admitted that he introduced at least two OK State athletes to the agents and it was corroborated - so there was evidence in that case. Nothing has been even implied for USC - so they should be good. The only evidence so far is that he met those guys while at USC, and that he accepted money from them at USC. No evidence that he acted on it in Cola, just in Oklahoma.

Evans admitted that he introduced at least two OK State athletes to the agents and it was corroborated - so there was evidence in that case. Nothing has been even implied for USC - so they should be good. The only evidence so far is that he met those guys while at USC, and that he accepted money from them at USC. No evidence that he acted on it in Cola, just in Oklahoma.
Again, I hope you're right. But weren't they linking Dozier with this whole thing? Either way, I have absolutely ZERO faith in Mark Emmert and the NCAA.

But widespread academic fraud at UNC was ok - no problem. NCAA is a joke.

Gosh, just look at Duke. They are caught red handed paying off Zion and his family. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
At least a one-year tournament ban would have had no effect on us for 7 of the last 8 years, 11 of the last 12 years, and 17 of the last 19 years. An NCAA tournament ban for us is like an over-nighter in the county jail. We can do that with our eyes closed.

Reactions: ToddFlanders
At least a one-year tournament ban would have had no effect on us for 7 of the last 8 years, 11 of the last 12 years, and 17 of the last 19 years. An NCAA tournament ban for us is like an over-nighter in the county jail. We can do that with our eyes closed.
Agree with pretty much all of this. BUT. Recruiting would suffer even more if this happened. Right now, Frank can reasonably sell recruits that we have a puncher's chance to make the Dance every year. If we get banned, no decent player -- from here, Canada, or Transylvania -- would step foot on our campus.

With the 2020 tx being canceled the idiots need to just let this go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT