ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA TOURNAMENT......thread....

Jesus , they're going to talk to Syracuse coach. God, sorry espn they didnt get in.

Marquette will arrive in Greenville for the first-round of the NCAA Tournament with an overall record of 19-12.

The Golden Eagles finished sixth in the Big East after going 10-8 in conference play. Seton Hall bounced Marquette from the conference tournament’s quarterfinals.

Screen-Shot-2017-03-12-at-5.37.30-PM_ptcq8m.png

Marquette is coached by Steve Wojciechowski and freshman guard Markus Howard leads the way in scoring with 13.2 points per game. He’s one of five players who averages double-digits in scoring for the Golden Eagles. Guard Andrew Rowsey, the Golden Eagles’ second-leading scorer (12.6), won the Big East Sixth Man Award.

The teams have several common opponents from this season, including Vanderbilt, Michigan, Georgia and Seton Hall.

Marquette beat Vanderbilt and Georgia and won at home against Seton Hall. It lost to Michigan and twice to Seton Hall.

South Carolina won both games against Georgia and beat Michigan. It lost to Vanderbilt and Seton Hall in Madison Square Garden, where Marquette was eliminated from conference tournament play.

The Gamecocks went 22-10 in the regular season, finishing fourth in the SEC with a 12-6 record. This will be the eighth tournament appearance in South Carolina basketball history.

Go Cocks!

Reactions: RaginRooster
Looks like they got the make up of teams I don't like playing. A quick small point guard and some good outside shooters with some size. They are not good defensively so we should have some match ups we can take advantage of. Let's put the same game on them that we hit Michigan with

The Committee was very fair to us...They looked at the full body of work...Placing us in Greenville was prolly an apology for screwing us last year...Now our Gamecocks need to handle their business and win a game and see what happens in rd 2
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

See mostly positive on this thread and that's a good thing.
It's really time to put all the negative noise to rest.
Like Coach Martin said in his press conference, it's all "brand new" and is encouraging the players to be focused but to "go out and have fun." Same with the fans and Gamecock Nation.

If you're a true Gamecock fan, please embrace this and have a fun week with it all this week leading up to the game...and enjoy a what now is a "new season." Please stop the "one and done" negativity. It cannot help. Coach Martin even alluded to some of the negativity in his press conference. It's time for all that to stop. It's time to embrace this because it's hard to get where we are. And we get to play in our backyard up in Greenville. Let's get behind this team and enjoy the opportunity and the ride!!

Thoughts about seedlings for the SEC...

1. I think Kentucky and Florida were about where I expected them.
2. I was surprised we were seeded higher than Arkansas. I could easily see us flip-flopped in the Greenville pod with them as the 7. I'm not complaining, just surprised.
3. I know Vandy finished strong, but I was surprised the committee gave them a 9.

Any other thoughts?

Thoughts about seedlings for the SEC...

1. I think Kentucky and Florida were about where I expected them.
2. I was surprised we were seeded higher than Arkansas. I could easily see us flip-flopped in the Greenville pod with them as the 7. I'm not complaining, just surprised.
3. I know Vandy finished strong, but I was surprised the committee gave them a 9.

Any other thoughts?
I thought Arkansas would be a little higher. 7 seed. And UF a 5 or 6.

im hoping i can make it to one of the games in greenville, but my son has a soccer game both nights(thurs and friday)....we may have to show up late to one/both, but it may be worth it.....of course the thursday night game would be the obvious choice

Looks like they got the make up of teams I don't like playing. A quick small point guard and some good outside shooters with some size. They are not good defensively so we should have some match ups we can take advantage of. Let's put the same game on them that we hit Michigan with
Bilas put it bluntly....A team that scores with no defense against a team with defense that doesn't score....defense travels well, IMHO.
Go Cocks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT