ADVERTISEMENT

Need prayer for my wife......

You find real love when you've been married for 56 years, never cooked, planned a meal and all of a sudden she can no longer do those things. i quarantee you've never love until you become the one who does her thing. A caretaker love is much like the full love given to children AND I tell you this virus really lets you know for better or worst, til death do we part.
You are exactly right. Congrats Jeff on 28. My sweetheart and I celebrated 38 years last month. And, like you Garnet, she takes care of me.... I have severe peripheral nerve failure and struggle with 24 hour pain, and virtually everything associated with your arms/legs. You really find out what kind of spouse you have when it gets "DIFFICULT". When the doctor told me and her that there was absolutely nothing that could be done.....I cried like a school girl...she said then we have been married for 36 years and I will stay with you for 36 more. I had no idea how bad it would be. BUT, our faith has not failed us and JESUS has carried me through it all. So, without whining anymore, be encouraged Garnet, your reward is coming when we get HOME, Heaven. I am sure she is so grateful to have you....you are setting the example for others in your family and friends.
Jeff, I would add these notes to making it past the newlywed stage that you are in.... TREASURE your time away on vacations, bring her flowers each week, tell her everyday (look her in the eyes) .... say I love you. Do something nice for her everyday. Put your faith and family 1st.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT