ADVERTISEMENT

Need to go get Lawing..

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
I say that because he probably knows our recruiting “network” really well. If you know what I mean.

We definitely had a d-line that could hold there own against anyone.. When he left our defense started going downhill.

Wish he would come back

Lawing is burnt out! Hire him as a consultant like EJ! Get a young mad man Dline coach that unleashes hell at the line of a scrimmage. I'm sick of this 3 man no pressure/no penetration crap.

Reactions: tngamecock#
We need a DL coach coaching the DL, not a LB coach coaching the DL.

i agree we need a new Dline coach. Just don't think Lawing is the guy. He can help us in an off field capacity. Get a young mean ass that will unleash some war daddies to wreak havoc in the backfield. Screw all this 2 gal passive nonsense

Lawing is burnt out! Hire him as a consultant like EJ! Get a young mad man Dline coach that unleashes hell at the line of a scrimmage. I'm sick of this 3 man no pressure/no penetration crap.

Where do get Lawing is burnt out?! He is proven and can outcoach these so called "young mad men." I'm sorry but young and mad man doesn't even go together this day and age.. I know I'm going to get bashed for this but when I think of young these days I think mostly of pansies. Sad but true most of the younger generations do not have the same mentality as the older generations. I'll take Lawing over whatever young mad man you could choose.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Rumor: Wife just passed along from Gamecocks Forever says Thompson is headed to GT! Hobby possible? Negative on Lawing!

Don't see Brad coming back. Wish he could but don't see it. Afraid that sometimes bridges get burned in such a way that they can't be rebuilt.

Reactions: PC31
Don't see Brad coming back. Wish he could but don't see it. Afraid that sometimes bridges get burned in such a way that they can't be rebuilt.
If you have listen to Kimrey's podcasts Lawing thinks Camp is the greatest and he has intimated that he would return to coaching and I believe he lives in Columbia area.

I am sooooooo dang sick of hearing about these "burned bridges" and how Lawing would never be allowed to step foot on USC property again, and would be shot on site or hung drawn and quartered.......... (just being facetious at the end there, and no disrespect intended toward you midline). I've said it before and I'll say it again; if the administration here doesn't want to do the things it takes to win, then just shut the whole dang athletic dept down. We appear to be so concerned with the optics of running a tight ship, we have no business in the big business of college athletics in the 21st century. Lawing is a quality commodity who has proven himself here, and if he can help us win, and wants to come here, get him here! Get athletes who can help us win into school - make it happen instead of watching UT get them into school. Either win or turn USC into a monastery and be done with it.

Okay, I feel better now - LOL!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would be okay with bringing Lawing back to coach here. Laughing

I am sooooooo dang sick of hearing about these "burned bridges" and how Lawing would never be allowed to step foot on USC property again, and would be shot on site or hung drawn and quartered.......... (just being facetious at the end there, and no disrespect intended toward you midline). I've said it before and I'll say it again; if the administration here doesn't want to do the things it takes to win, then just shut the whole dang athletic dept down. We appear to be so concerned with the optics of running a tight ship, we have no business in the big business of college athletics in the 21st century. Lawing is a quality commodity who has proven himself here, and if he can help us win, and wants to come here, get him here! Get athletes who can help us win into school - make it happen instead of watching UT get them into school. Either win or turn USC into a monastery and be done with it.

Okay, I feel better now - LOL!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would be okay with bringing Lawing back to coach here. Laughing

You obviously think Lawing can help us. I don't! I don't care about bridges. I care about getting a great staff. There are better young better younger coaches out there. Find the right guy and pay him.

Have any of you listened to the Fade In podcast with Erik Kimrey? Lawing is hanging around Columbia with time on his hands. There have been times when another guest will say right out loud that they hope he'll get hired by BOOM! to coach the DL and he doesn't say "No, I'm retired." I think he would jump all over the offer if it came and I would not be surprised if talks had already taken place. I think he's purposely making himself visible and available. Just one guy's opinion. With the talent we have in Kinlaw, Wonnum and Belk and the talent we have coming in, he could really make a difference.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Kinlaw, Wonnum, Belk, Pickens and company under Lawing would be downright scary.
Have any of you listened to the Fade In podcast with Erik Kimrey? Lawing is hanging around Columbia with time on his hands. There have been times when another guest will say right out loud that they hope he'll get hired by BOOM! to coach the DL and he doesn't say "No, I'm retired." I think he would jump all over the offer if it came and I would not be surprised if talks had already taken place. I think he's purposely making himself visible and available. Just one guy's opinion. With the talent we have in Kinlaw, Wonnum and Belk and the talent we have coming in, he could really make a difference.

You obviously think Lawing can help us. I don't! I don't care about bridges. I care about getting a great staff. There are better young better younger coaches out there. Find the right guy and pay him.
Lawing has helped us. Why go out and try to find some new younger guy when you have a proven commodity living in your back yard and almost openly saying he wants the job? That's just asinine.

Lawing has helped us. Why go out and try to find some new younger guy when you have a proven commodity living in your back yard and almost openly saying he wants the job? That's just asinine.

He is old and burnt out. Lawing ain t h hat he used to be. Just watch his lines from the last two years at FSU! There is reason Jimbo didn't hire him at A&M!

Reactions: PC31 and acmnni1
Travis Jones, Bo Davis or Shane Burham. Durham is a USC alum and currently UCF dline coach. Up and coming star. Plus he can help recruit Florida. Any of those three would be better than a wasted up Lawing. Brad used to be the best about 8-10 years ago. But he is a burnt out old mule out to pasture

Travis Jones, Bo Davis or Shane Burham. Durham is a USC alum and currently UCF dline coach. Up and coming star. Plus he can help recruit Florida. Any of those three would be better than a wasted up Lawing. Brad used to be the best about 8-10 years ago. But he is a burnt out old mule out to pasture
Need to contact Marion Hobby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT