ADVERTISEMENT

New details on money funnelling to recruits through churches!

Triton20x

Feb 1, 2008
Since NewSpring has become the new cheating thread of the week!

NewSpring Columbia Bush River Rd
Tithing - $4,657,366

NewSpring Clemson
Tithing - $1,232,141

OMG (Oh My Google), I guess NewSpring must be funnelling 4 times as much money to recruits at Carolina as they are in Clemson. How could Clemson ever keep up?

Basically that is as idiotic post as most the posts about churches and schools paying recruits! But I have the facts people, I saw it with my own eyes.

I am happy Columbia has 4 times the donations right now because we need a little help! Time for church Champ!

Tithing - $4,657,366

NewSpring Clemson
Tithing - $1,232,141

OMG (Oh My Google), I guess NewSpring must be funnelling 4 times as much money to recruits at Carolina as they are in Clemson. How could Clemson ever keep up?

Basically that is as idiotic post as most the posts about churches and schools paying recruits! But I have the facts people, I saw it with my own eyes.

I am happy Columbia has 4 times the donations right now because we need a little help! Time for church Champ!
#ISWYDT but that's not how churches work, champ. Think of a Newspring like any other major business with multiple branches. Revenue is shared and allocated as needed. New campus in Clemson? The pooled resources of all Newspring campuses are used to pay for that. Depending on conference affiliation (not sure if Newspring is Southern Baptist) the pooling of resources may even go a step further. Basically, how do you think those tiny churches in rural SC with 31 members keep their doors open? They're propped up by the conference churches who are generating revenue.

Changing directions for a minute though... as someone who has grown up in church, with a father who is still in the ministry, I've seen first-hand that churches remain one of the least culturally-diverse institutions in America. Newspring is, at least in my interactions with them, a "white" church. Doesn't mean they aren't accepting of all, but the music selection, the preaching style, the fellowship before and after are extremely different.

I find it very odd that some of these players who likely grew up in traditionally "black" churches suddenly can't live without a ministry like Newspring's. And look, before anyone plays the "I can't believe he went there" card, let me just say that if you've attended services at "black" and "white" churches, then you know what I'm talking about. The worship styles are completely different.

Tithing - $4,657,366

NewSpring Clemson
Tithing - $1,232,141

Money doesn’t help if u have incompetent people from Board of Trrustees down. Now we got all that sec money and we play like we belong in the southern conference

Tithing - $4,657,366

NewSpring Clemson
Tithing - $1,232,141

The donations are REPORTED as $3m lower precisely because the Tiggers need to replace Deshaun! Kidding, kidding.

I will say I that I think the number of clean champions in my lifetime is a lot smaller than the ones who cheated to a material degree. People do much, much worse stuff to each other for much lower stakes. It's just who we are as humans. It's just funny to me so many Clemmers want to convince Gamecocks that they are like Jesus' hand-picked football buddies when they are just as ravenous about this modern day gladiator stuff as anyone.

#ISWYDT but that's not how churches work, champ. Think of a Newspring like any other major business with multiple branches. Revenue is shared and allocated as needed. New campus in Clemson? The pooled resources of all Newspring campuses are used to pay for that. Depending on conference affiliation (not sure if Newspring is Southern Baptist) the pooling of resources may even go a step further. Basically, how do you think those tiny churches in rural SC with 31 members keep their doors open? They're propped up by the conference churches who are generating revenue.

Changing directions for a minute though... as someone who has grown up in church, with a father who is still in the ministry, I've seen first-hand that churches remain one of the least culturally-diverse institutions in America. Newspring is, at least in my interactions with them, a "white" church. Doesn't mean they aren't accepting of all, but the music selection, the preaching style, the fellowship before and after are extremely different.

I find it very odd that some of these players who likely grew up in traditionally "black" churches suddenly can't live without a ministry like Newspring's. And look, before anyone plays the "I can't believe he went there" card, let me just say that if you've attended services at "black" and "white" churches, then you know what I'm talking about. The worship styles are completely different.

I have a lot of friends that attend Newspring and love it. But I'm not a fan of it or any "Mega-churches" for that matter. It seems they are more of a tax exempt business with their leaders making millions.

But its not odd for someone to like an environment that is much different than the one they grew up in. I grew up in a very small, very traditional church, but today the contemporary services are more appealing to me and my family.

Wonder if Hugh Freeze taught his players the biblical teachings on adultery? Was cheating covered? Just wondering.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT