ADVERTISEMENT

New Hire coming?

Oh Geez! We don't have an OC or DC but we're working hard on a ST Coordinator. This just keeps getting worse and worse.

Reactions: cockofthegoat
Oh Geez! We don't have an OC or DC but we're working hard on a ST Coordinator. This just keeps getting worse and worse.
Meh. This doesnt bother me too much. I definitely think ST is the most overlooked component of the game. It seems less dependent on talent than the other two components and can help cover up some deficiencies in the other two. How many offensive possessions have we had in the last two years that started inside our 10 yard line solely because our punt returner decided to catch it there? It sure felt like a lot. Driving 93 yards is a big ask of an offense that is already struggling.

Reactions: howard13
Um you dont know who he has talked to, made a deal with etc.... This guy would be a great hire but you know better then everybody dont you?
Not everybody, but certainly you. Obviously, you don't know what the word "PRIORITY" means. The very first thing you do in football is establish your OC and DC, then fill in from there. The first thing we are doing is hiring a OL coach and a ST coach. Meanwhile we've lost pretty much our entire defensive backfield and we don't know who the DB coach will be.

We need one of these too. If this is the hire, it’s a good one. As for the other OC positions, who knows. The fact that we don’t have them named yet is more likely an indication they are actively coaching at teams going bowling and are fulfilling those responsibilities than it is we are just struggling to find them. Just my $0.02.

Meh. This doesnt bother me too much. I definitely think ST is the most overlooked component of the game. It seems less dependent on talent than the other two components and can help cover up some deficiencies in the other two. How many offensive possessions have we had in the last two years that started inside our 10 yard line solely because our punt returner decided to catch it there? It sure felt like a lot. Driving 93 yards is a big ask of an offense that is already struggling.
Well at least he won't have too much to work on and can concentrate on the 2 areas we will need: punting team and kickoff receiving team.

Not everybody, but certainly you. Obviously, you don't know what the word "PRIORITY" means. The very first thing you do in football is establish your OC and DC, then fill in from there. The first thing we are doing is hiring a OL coach and a ST coach. Meanwhile we've lost pretty much our entire defensive backfield and we don't know who the DB coach will be.
That’s what happens when you hire someone whose never been a head coach or have any experience running a program...when you go cheap you get what you pay for

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You realize he can work on both of them at the same time right? Heck he can work on hiring all the coaches at the same time

ST coach runs the show (works with the players) in the off season. Don’t we need a ST coach on board the quickest? Other coaches are needed for recruiting, of course.

ST coach runs the show (works with the players) in the off season. Don’t we need a ST coach on board the quickest? Other coaches are needed for recruiting, of course.
No, that's the Strength and Conditioning Coach.

You dont know jack, you dont know who he has talked to and who he has on board. You are pecking on a keyboard about something you are clueless about.

You dont know jack, you dont know who he has talked to and who he has on board. You are pecking on a keyboard about something you are clueless about.
What I said is pretty much common knowledge in the football community. I learned a lot from my coaches on the subject including one who has won a NC. But, you are free to refute anything I said if you can. Obviously, you cannot which is why you resort to a third grader comments.

IE it wasn't worth 2 cents. Now we know why.
Oh. You were taking about getting change back. Not that. And, for fun, it’s “i.e.”. Lastly, since everybody else in the thread seems to recognize that coordinators haven’t been named because they’re probably still coaching I’d say it’s your take that’s not really worth anything.

Oh. You were taking about getting change back. Not that. And, for fun, it’s “i.e.”. Lastly, since everybody else in the thread seems to recognize that coordinators haven’t been named because they’re probably still coaching I’d say it’s your take that’s not really worth anything.
That may be the case, but not likely considering one of Beamer's first statements was that all of his choices were available. If they are available why is it he is not hiring them? The excuse that they are still coaching doesn't hold water. That doesn't preclude them from taking another job. It certainly didn't preclude Beamer from taking a job.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
That may be the case, but not likely considering one of Beamer's first statements was the all of his choices were available. If they are available why is it he is not hiring them? The excuse that they are still coaching doesn't hold water. That doesn't preclude them from taking another job. It certainly didn't preclude Beamer from taking a job.
You may be right about their availability. But you could be wrong, too. I can see them asking Beamer not to announce the hire until later so as not to be a distraction to their current team.

Also for fun, it's talking, not taking. I capitalized the "i.e." because it was used at the beginning of a sentence.

You may be right about their availability. But you could be wrong, too. I can see them asking Beamer not to announce the hire until later so as not to be a distraction to their current team.
I could be wrong, but seldom am. 😊 I would think that given his previous comment he would follow up and say he has his men on board but will announce at a later date, if in fact that is the case. If for nothing else, this would send a signal to potential recruits and current players that he is on top the staffing situation, especially if he were to comment on the qualities of the individuals and what their philosophies are with regard to offense and defense.

I could be wrong, but seldom am. 😊 I would think that given his previous comment he would follow up and say he has his men on board but will announce at a later date, if in fact that is the case. If for nothing else, this would send a signal to potential recruits and current players that he is on top the staffing situation, especially if he were to comment on the qualities of the individuals and what their philosophies are with regard to offense and defense.
Oh, GREAT! I’m looking for a financial advisor just like you! 😁
Yeah, I understand your point regarding follow-up. But perspective is like that. We all make statements and assume we’ve communicated the entirety of what the listener wants to hear. For me, I can trust him and wait for the information.

If coordinators aren't in the playoffs, they need to be named and on campus. Pronto.

Also for fun, it's talking, not taking. I capitalized the "i.e." because it was used at the beginning of a sentence.

I guess we’ll see on the coordinators and yep, I had a typo, Given your explanation, I assume you don’t know that only the I is capitalized in i.e. at the start of the sentence.

Last edited:
Reactions: carolinamyke
What I said is pretty much common knowledge in the football community. I learned a lot from my coaches on the subject including one who has won a NC. But, you are free to refute anything I said if you can. Obviously, you cannot which is why you resort to a third grader comments.
lol. You cant say what Beamer has done because You....... dont ..........know! Thats a fact. Everything you said is speculation.

Reactions: carolinamyke
In case anyone missed it, COVID has knocked the Earth off its axis.

This hysteria reveals more about some of you hicks than about our new HC.

Merry Christmas to all.

Go Cocks!

Reactions: 92Pony
That’s what happens when you hire someone whose never been a head coach or have any experience running a program...when you go cheap you get what you pay for
Get what u pay for ?
A guy who was only hired couple of weeks ago
Has not completed his staff yet ?
Has not finished adding players ?
Has not went thru spring practice or coached one game ?
Yet I’m this short time you came to your conclusion???
What a load of crap !!!! Lol

It’s entirely possible he’s already come to terms with an OC and a DC, and doesn’t want to release their names yet.

But some of our fanbase just isn’t happy if they aren’t complaining.

This guy...the expert ex college coach

This guy...the expert ex college coach
Nope. Never coached. But I played for some very good coaches. One went on to win an NC as a head coach and another went on to become an NFL scout. I learned a lot from those guys. Also, attended a number of coaching clinics and speeches. One of them was by Lou Holtz. That guy has forgotten more about football than anyone on this forum will ever know. My statement about priorities above is almost verbatim of what he said about building his program at NC State.

Nope. Never coached. But I played for some very good coaches. One went on to win an NC as a head coach and another went on to become an NFL scout. I learned a lot from those guys. Also, attended a number of coaching clinics and speeches. One of them was by Lou Holtz. That guy has forgotten more about football than anyone on this forum will ever know. My statement about priorities above is almost verbatim of what he said about building his program at NC State.
Between on-field coaches, analysts, GAs and other support personnel, Beamer will probably be responsible directly or indirectly for hiring approximately 20-25 people for his staff. You keep speaking of prioritizing, but you seem to be missing the point that this isn’t a situation of him doing task one, then two, etc. it’s all happening simultaneously. A ST coordinator is likely to be a position that pays $400-$600k, while OC/DC may command 2-3x that range; as such, the ST coordinator may be inherently an easier/quicker position to fill. And, as others have pointed out here and elsewhere, some candidates for the two “main” coordinator jobs may have still been coaching through this past weekend (or might still be). He has a list of guys he wants to hire at each position and his hiring of a ST coach speaks nothing of his priorities, just timing.

Last edited:
Been around here a long time and I've seen many posters like you who are completely full of shit. However, I'm amused by you and I hope you continue to puke your brand of stupidity in the threads here, I can always use a laugh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT