ADVERTISEMENT

New hoop gurlz rankings are out, WOW!

Think y’all are reading the tea leaves a little too hard
Perhaps, but it would be pretty big news that a top prospect in our own backyard doesn't consider us among their top choices, especially in a 2022 class in which have no signings yet. I just looked into it for my own confirmation, but it appears to not be a finalists list. so no worry as of now.

Reactions: sgacock
Perhaps, but it would be pretty big news that a top prospect in our own backyard doesn't consider us among their top choices, especially in a 2022 class in which have no signings yet. I just looked into it for my own confirmation, but it appears to not be a finalists list. so no worry as of now.
Thanks. I saw it on another site and didn’t have time to follow through.

My guess is, it will be Watkins and Barker...I don't think we need Cooper at the PG...we are super loaded at PG and with Fulwiley next year, it's going to be tight...

I will be happy with Cooper and Watkins, but I want some big power forwards too...

My guess is, it will be Watkins and Barker...I don't think we need Cooper at the PG...we are super loaded at PG and with Fulwiley next year, it's going to be tight...

I will be happy with Cooper and Watkins, but I want some big power forwards too...

Watkins is a big power forward.

The things about Cooper are that Dawn has been recruiting her since 8th grade, she is a 6’1” PG who can also play the 2 or 3, is one of the best athletes in the class and wants to be here
Henny graduates leaving only Johnson. Fulwiley is great but there are questions academically and maturity wise. Pass on Cooper and Fulwiley flames out you got no depth. Fulwiley works out, plenty of places for Cooper on the court.
You are one of several on this board touting Barker. I would love her to come her. She has played it so close to the vest that her coming seems wishful thinking to me.

The things about Cooper are that Dawn has been recruiting her since 8th grade, she is a 6’1” PG who can also play the 2 or 3, is one of the best athletes in the class and wants to be here
Henny graduates leaving only Johnson. Fulwiley is great but there are questions academically and maturity wise. Pass on Cooper and Fulwiley flames out you got no depth. Fulwiley works out, plenty of places for Cooper on the court.
You are one of several on this board touting Barker. I would love her to come her. She has played it so close to the vest that her coming seems wishful thinking to me.
I agree 100% on Cooper, she's the kind of big guard we need. There's no way Dawn passes on her. I like Cooper, Watkins and Barker. I think if any of the 3 want to play here, Dawn will take them. It wouldn't surprise me if Barker chooses to stay in Florida but would love for her to become a Gamecock.

I hear that the "academic questions" are hogwash rumors and wish such statements wouldn't be posted. Yeah, yeah, I know we and everyone else talked alot about Clowney's academics. Nevertheless my preference would be that academics not be discussed unless there is some real factual basis such as being declared ineligible by the high school.

I find it difficult to believe that a prospect who has been getting P-5 offers since the 8th grade doesn't have the desire and assistance from her school to perform at an adequate academic level. Indeed, most wbb players seem to perform at a much higher than average level with the knowledge that they aren't going to make mega millions as a pro and that the degree is more important than the draft - financially.

I agree 100% on Cooper, she's the kind of big guard we need. There's no way Dawn passes on her. I like Cooper, Watkins and Barker. I think if any of the 3 want to play here, Dawn will take them. It wouldn't surprise me if Barker chooses to stay in Florida but would love for her to become a Gamecock.
Let's not forget ESPN/Hoopgurlz #26, 6-5 Post, Kayla Oldacre. Like Barker she has been very quiet about her recruiting. She has not announced ANY offers.

Indeed, the only mention she has ever made regarding recruiting was this following a visit with us days before all face-to-face recruiting was shut down by the NCAA in Feb/Mar 2020.:

Kyla Oldacre

@KylaOldacre

·
Mar 3, 2020

Thank you for a great visit! I had a blast!
@dawnstaley

@Coachboyer

@LawLaw08

@CoachChmiel

@GamecockWBB

ESNjIeEXUAENEj7

She is a big and strong true Post. Might need a little work, but the potential is there.

🤔hmmmmm. Two birdies it looks like. Wonder who they might be........ maybe Watkins and Cooper...........

Why does that tweet look like two birdies to you? All it is, is the WBB account saying that normal recruiting procedures has returned, and that they were looking forward to the next future birdies to come to the Gamecock WBB nest, WHOEVER and WHENEVER that may be. They don't even make any reference to a number of birdies, much less any specific birdies.

Dawn Staley is known for tweeting "birdies flying into the nest". She has done it often, and has done it even weeks and months prior to the public announcement of that "birdie" committing. But it's ALWAYS been Dawn who has led that news, not the WBB program account. Don't think Dawn will let the WBB staff make that call before or without her doing it first.

So several reasons why I don't think we even have a birdie in the nest yet, much less two of them.....

Why does that tweet look like two birdies to you? All it is, is the WBB account saying that normal recruiting procedures has returned, and that they were looking forward to the next future birdies to come to the Gamecock WBB nest, WHOEVER and WHENEVER that may be. They don't even make any reference to a number of birdies, much less any specific birdies.

Dawn Staley is known for tweeting "birdies flying into the nest". She has done it often, and has done it even weeks and months prior to the public announcement of that "birdie" committing. But it's ALWAYS been Dawn who has led that news, not the WBB program account. Don't think Dawn will let the WBB staff make that call before or without her doing it first.

So several reasons why I don't think we even have a birdie in the nest yet, much less two of them.....
Lot of assumptions on my part. Birdies is plural. Two photos in the tweet. Cooper and Watkins have been long time players we desire. They have publicly been on campus and expressed strong interest at times for us. DS generally has a surprise, so who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT