ADVERTISEMENT

New message from Ray!

I think it matters to everybody. It's just that it doesn't make most people suicidal. Seriously, perusing this board would make you think our fanbase is the most mentally unstable bunch of people ever, but I know that is not true of the fan base as a whole. Message boards tend to attract a certain subset of people.
Why do you view frustration as being suicidal? Why do you think being frustrated makes a certain fan mentally unstable? I mean that's some pretty bold stuff to throw around, especially when kids commit suicide because of bullying and I don't recall anyone from this board physically attacking another member so that should rule out the mentally unstable part.

I think it matters to everybody. It's just that it doesn't make most people suicidal..
I don't think you have to be suicidal to take it more seriously than a lot of our fans apparently do. We're too sophisticated anymore to get upset - and too beaten down. Deflection is the new defense mechanism - evidently.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
Ray Tanner just now said "im deeply and truly sorry clemson beat the sh____ out of us again and I'm going to cut my wrists.

Sincerely Ray Tanner
Go Cocks.
yeah because that's exactly what we meant.

Why do you view frustration as being suicidal? Why do you think being frustrated makes a certain fan mentally unstable? I mean that's some pretty bold stuff to throw around, especially when kids commit suicide because of bullying and I don't recall anyone from this board physically attacking another member so that should rule out the mentally unstable part.

I don't think you have to be suicidal to take it more seriously than a lot of our fans apparently do. We're too sophisticated anymore to get upset - and too beaten down. Deflection is the new defense mechanism - evidently.

I'm frustrated by the losses to Clemson, too.

I guess it depends on how you look at things. If you look at the wins and losses then yes, 3 to 6 to possibly 9 wins is a great improvement that everyone would take. But if you look at the progress at some of the players (Namely Bentley) then I will hold off until next year to express my opinion. Although has anyone looked at next years schedule? If we don't win 10 games next year then I'll be pissed!!! There are 3 or 4 teams that basically are dumpster fires (Tenn and Ole Miss just to name couple). Just 2 games next year that are questionable, UGA and Clemson

What do you want him to say about the clemson game?
Ray could start by saying that Daba Daba Do should have not scared our students and scaring the hell out of our leader, Jake Bentley! He should have sent Daba Daba Do a don't do that again letter! Go Ray Ray! Take your sweet time trying to figure out what to do about our absolutely sick offense that shall start the outback bowl with " a run up the middle for 1 yard"! Take that to the bank. I would absolutely NOT ask Wil why he likes Roper so much unless he has photos! I can say these things because I've been working for USC for free for about 25 years signing people up for the Gamecock Club, holding golf tourneys, handing Frank a $5000.00 check last year, and arranging bus rides all over this country! I've been a Gamecock Club member longer than Wil's age! I was told about 1975 and after we beat the tot's 56-20 that "we will never win a championship at USC simply because of politics". He's right so far and the end is NOT near!

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
If only Ray had said something about the Clemson incursion into our end zone, I might feel differently. It is our field and he alone controls it. He's just a shivering shell of his old self. Out of place I think.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
If you're not foaming at the mouth, you're not a real fan. Tanner needs to make something happen, so I can show my face again at Carolina Ale House. He should demand we be better than Clemson in everything now, even if they're #1- just so I can win arguments with guys with Clemson tattoos at the bar.

Don't care about being reasonable or patient. I'm not 100% happy, so I want results NOWWW!!!

Reactions: DC-99 and cockgun
If you want to build a consistent winner at a high level, you have to have the foundation to sustain it. That foundation is still being laid in year two. I pay attention to what Ray says because he's been there at that high level. There is only a couple of other coaches that have won back-to-back national titles. Those of you that are impatient are comparing WM's program in year two to Dabo's program in years 7, 8 and 9. I believe he lost to us 5 straight prior to that. Clemson is in a lot of y'alls heads.

Sorry dude, but clemson is damn good. We are not there yet.
i've been saying that the problem with the ones whining in this thread is all about clemson being on top of the world right now....nothing more, nothing less....we cant control what they do..ask miami why they got their ass kicked by cu....because they are better.....but you cannot reason with these guys...the ultimate delusional fans that think we are an 11 and 2 team that kicks clemsons ass every year....lmao.....ridiculous

Reactions: section2cock
If you want to build a consistent winner at a high level, you have to have the foundation to sustain it. That foundation is still being laid in year two. I pay attention to what Ray says because he's been there at that high level. There is only a couple of other coaches that have won back-to-back national titles. Those of you that are impatient are comparing WM's program in year two to Dabo's program in years 7, 8 and 9. I believe he lost to us 5 straight prior to that. Clemson is in a lot of y'alls heads.
nailed it

I'd love to see Tennessee's end of season report in similar fashion from whatever served as an AD there between Currie and Fat Phil.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT