ADVERTISEMENT

New OC

GarnetCocky1

Oct 3, 2015
Let’s assume Muschamp sacks up and fires Roper. Who is our new OC?

I could see ya giving Bentley a try as OC until the season is over while Tanner makes a shortlist of names.

Whoever the new OC is needs to have a proven track record and we need to pay top dollar.

I could see ya giving Bentley a try as OC until the season is over while Tanner makes a shortlist of names.

Whoever the new OC is needs to have a proven track record and we need to pay top dollar.

At this point... Anyone not named Kurt or Roper would work for me...

If this happens, it ain't gonna matter.

I haven't studied up or read up on coaches, but I'd go with one of the top assistants @ Oklahoma State or maybe Jeff Brohm's top assistant.

Wouldn't matter if they fired Roper in the next 10 minutes. You can't implement a whole new offensive scheme in the next 6 days. Yes you could add some twists, but at the almost half way mark were to ingrained with the current system to do a massive overhaul.

Reactions: ken in sacramento
Wouldn't matter if they fired Roper in the next 10 minutes. You can't implement a whole new offensive scheme in the next 6 days. Yes you could add some twists, but at the almost half way mark were to ingrained with the current system to do a massive overhaul.
O yes you can , the geniuses on here do it all the time on Madden football.

C'mon, ... use your head, Dude. YOU DON'T FIRE HIM MID-SEASON ... IT'S TOO LATE!!!

You simply take 100% of his responsibilities away from him immediately. Let him walk the sidelines, let him wash jock straps, let him do whatever. You just DO NOT LET HIM HAVE ANY CONTACT, with any of the players or recruits, whatsoever.

Sunday afternoon, you start making phone calls for ideas and guidance. MONDAY MORNING you begin a full fledged COACHING SEARCH.

The DAY AFTER THE SEASON ENDS ... You announce the name of the NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Sorry Dude .... Bentley is a HIGH SCHOOL COACH ... not a Power Five offensive coordinator, PERIOD.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecock ed
RDEYNQWRLATZFMC.20170228212003.jpg

That's very true. The players still don't know what the heck to do in Ropers offense after a year and a half.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Supposedly, Roper said we got conservative because of our kicker.

If he said that, he should be demoted immediately. That makes no sense at all.

Reactions: gamecock ed
And we would end up with the same results as he had at Presbyterian....not good. He was brought on the staff for two reasons, neither of which was coaching ability.
So why was muschamp hired?..it sure wasnt his coaching ability either

I gave everyone a pass last year because of the dumpster fire that they inherited, but not this year especially with Roper. Even though Deebo is out for the season(?), both Smiths have shown the potential to pick up the slack. As bad as the play calling is, the thing that infuriated me the most is the constant running up the middle when the defense is putting 8 men in the box.

I’m not ready to give up on Muschamp yet, but this is more than likely his last shot at Power 5 head coaching job. If he doesn’t get rid of Roper after this season at the earliest, the countdown to the end of his time here officially begins.

Reactions: 92Pony
I’m willing to give muschamp his 4-5 years to turn things around but the offense has got to change..Jake isn’t a read option qb so if roper new any better he would adapt to jakes play style and the players

Folks it is not all on roper...you have to get some lineman that can block then the play calling will be fine ..if you don't have a good OL your offense will flounder.

Folks it is not all on roper...you have to get some lineman that can block then the play calling will be fine ..if you don't have a good OL your offense will flounder.
They've convinced themselves. It's like talking to a brick wall. And they'll keep on banging their heads against that brick wall because they aren't getting what they want.

What did he win while at Dook? He set records but he never won the ACC, Spurrier did. He lost both bowl games (Cincinnati and A&M). I was honestly curious what everyone was so excited about during his time at Duke but when I went snooping around I came away less than impressed.

What did he win while at Dook? He set records but he never won the ACC, Spurrier did. He lost both bowl games (Cincinnati and A&M). I was honestly curious what everyone was so excited about during his time at Duke but when I went snooping around I came away less than impressed.
Are you talking about the ACC that Spurrier coached in...pre FSU. Yeah, some comparison.

And Duke did win their division under Roper. Didn't Spurrier win one of those here?

Actually I'd like to see Roper fired now and give Bentley a shot to run it rest of year. That way we'd see if he could be the guy for OC in the future.

Are you talking about the ACC that Spurrier coached in...pre FSU. Yeah, some comparison.

And Duke did win their division under Roper. Didn't Spurrier win one of those here?
lol do you really want to go there comparing Spurrier to Kurt freaking Roper? Do you really want to? Please say you do. Please.

Actually I'd like to see Roper fired now and give Bentley a shot to run it rest of year. That way we'd see if he could be the guy for OC in the future.
We can't fire The Godfather of Dook football. The record setter. The TRUE genius behind Cutcliffes success. I mean, he coached for the Cleveland Browns for one year! We all know what a dynasty they are.

lol do you really want to go there comparing Spurrier to Kurt freaking Roper? Do you really want to? Please say you do. Please.
You did. I just pointed out that was a whole different ACC than it is now.

And I don't give a flying f.... what Spurrier did at UF. He didn't do it here.

Another thing is that Cutcliffe is a offensive guru in his own right.

Cutcliffe's track record speaks for itself on offense. Peyton Manning. Eli Manning. Plus, Cutcliffe also had a winning record at Ole Miss as a head coch. He just didn't win SEC titles there.

How much Roper contributed is up for debate. However, unlike Muschamp when he left Saban, Roper has yet to really establish himself outside of his success under Cutcliffe.

You did. I just pointed out that was a whole different ACC than it is now.
Duke wasn't exactly world beaters in football before FSU came in anyways. Clemson was ruling the roost then. He still got beat in the only two bowl games he's coached in, excuse me it's 3 counting last year. Spurrier went on to turn Florida into a juggernaut, Roper went on to be a journeyman bouncing around from town to town.

Another thing is that Cutcliffe is a offensive guru in his own right.

Cutcliffe's track record speaks for itself on offense. Peyton Manning. Eli Manning. Plus, Cutcliffe also had a winning record at Ole Miss as a head coch. He just didn't win SEC titles there.

How much Roper contributed is up for debate. However, unlike Muschamp when he left Saban, Roper has yet to really establish himself outside of his success under Cutcliffe.
Roper reminds me so much of the days we had Brad Scott. I even bought into the whole "oh boy the OC from FSU!". Turns out they didn't miss a beat with him gone, just like Duke is still doing very well ever since he left.

Duke wasn't exactly world beaters in football before FSU came in anyways. Clemson was ruling the roost then. He still got beat in the only two bowl games he's coached in, excuse me it's 3 counting last year. Spurrier went on to turn Florida into a juggernaut, Roper went on to be a journeyman bouncing around from town to town.
Roper was at UF and now USC, both with the same coach. Not exactly a journeyman. And you do know that spurrier didn't win the ACC outright. He tied with UVA which had a better overall record.

Roper was at UF and now USC, both with the same coach. Not exactly a journeyman. And you do know that spurrier didn't win the ACC outright. He tied with UVA which had a better overall record.
Well they didn't have a CG game back then and were co-champions. Let's agree on this, Spurrier and Roper had success at Duke. However, Spurrier went on to bigger and better things and Roper is still living off his days at Duke under Cutcliffe.

As Carolina feverishly look up offensive yardage statistics and determine the assistants on those teams will do just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT