ADVERTISEMENT

***New: The Buzz (week ending 3/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
Everyone,

Thanks for being a member of GamecockCentral.com. We are going to try something new in addition to the reports that you see here on a regular basis on the team/recruiting front, and that is a running report of sorts each week that will be updated often as soon as new information becomes available.

It's going to be called The Buzz, and inside it you will find recruiting notes,team nuggets, links to stories/videos from our site and across the Rivals.com network. This will be a way to keep everything in one location so our subscribers do not miss a thing throughout the week. The thread title will be updated once new information is added. Let us know what you think of this new feature. Thanks so much again for being a member!

SATURDAY RECRUITING UPDATES

2:56 p.m. -
Derrell Scott in which he talks some about Nebraska, but also other schools including USC. Again, the Gamecocks are the favorite here.

Also, 2014 LB Greg Miclisse will announce a top ten on May 1. I expect USC to make that initial cut.

FRIDAY RECRUITING UPDATES

4:28 p.m. -
2014 LB Deshaun Davis from Alabama (who was on campus in February for USC's junior day) listed the Gamecocks as one of his top schools via Twitter today. Florida State, who recently offered, was listed as another. Kentucky and Tennessee have also offered recently.

THURSDAY RECRUITING UPDATES

9:29 p.m. -
The aforementioned Demarre Kitt posted to his Twitter account tonight something that appears that the Gamecocks are in his cut of schools (cut it to 15 earlier in the day but didn't include the Gamecocks, as we mentioned here). Regardless, I don't consider USC to be a major factor at this time.

8:19 p.m. - The 2014 DT that we told you all about recently, Lamont Gaillard, will be on campus USC next week on Thursday. He's been in touch with USC recently and the Gamecocks may offer him at that time. UNC, NC State, ECU, and Georgia have offered Gaillard according to one of his coaches who spoke with NCPreps.com here on the Rivals network tonight.

6:00 p.m. -
Tampa (Fla.) Jesuit LB Vincent Jackson spoke with South Carolina today. I followed up with Jackson and he told me that recruiter G.A. Mangus told him that the Gamecocks are signing a smaller class but that he's high on the board at LB. Jackson does not have an offer yet from the Gamecocks but USC may let him know something in the spring. Personally, not sure whether or not Jackson will get one - but as I've said multiple times it may be a one or two man LB class for USC given numbers in the 2014 class.

5:25 p.m. -
More offers for Hilton Head (S.C.) DT Poona Ford today - Ole Miss and Oklahoma State.

4:08 p.m. No surprise here whatsoever, but still wanted to pass it on. 2014 WR Demarre Kitt named a trimmed down list of schools that he will keep in contact today that did not include South Carolina. The group is Georgia, Auburn, Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, Tennessee, Texas, Ole Miss, Southern Cal, Oklahoma State, Oregon, West Virginia, Texas A&M, UCLA, Michigan, and Oregon. Kitt has been on campus at USC but never shown a lot of interest.

WEDNESDAY RECRUITING UPDATES

10:11 p.m. -
Latta (S.C.) OL Donell Stanley picks up his latest offer from FSU tonight.

7:55 p.m. - The Gamecocks have offered 2014 LB Richard Yeargin, according to him.

3:25 p.m.
- Glenn Elrod has an update on Chicago (Ill.) Whitney Young hoops prospect L.J. Peak:

"According to a source close to 2014 basketball standout L.J. Peak, the chances of him returning to Gaffney High for his senior year appear to be about 50/50. There has been no decision made either way. Peak enjoys the competition he faces night in, night out at Whitney Young but also misses his friends back home."

12:05 p.m.
- 2014 DT in this story with AggieYell.com (our Texas A&M site) here on the Rivals.com network.

11:17 p.m.
- 2014 TE Milan Richard from Georgia posted to his Twitter account today that he spoke today with lead USC recruiter Everette Sands.

TUESDAY RECRUITING UPDATES

9:25 p.m. -
Griffin (Ga.) Lamar County DB Story right here.

9:20 p.m.
- Bryson Allen-Williams has named his top ten in order - South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Michigan, Auburn, Arkansas, Wisconsin, and NC State. The Gamecocks still lead, again.

8:00 p.m. -
New name for everyone to watch - Winter Park (Fla.) DE Trent Harris. He has picked up offers recently from Florida State and Georgia, and the Gamecocks are also interested. He plans on visiting Columbia on March 23 for junior day.

7:05 p.m.
- Saluda (S.C) DT Dexter Wideman picked up his fifth offer today, from Ole Miss.

6:15 p.m.
- Wagener (S.C.) Wagener-Salley TE R.J. Tyler finally got the first offer he deserves (in my opinion) today from Appalachian State.

2:55 p.m.
- Video interview with 2014 WR Isaiah Ford, who South Carolina remains in a strong position with at this time.

Video interview with 2014 DB Chris Lammons, who recently picked up a Gamecock offer.

MONDAY RECRUITING UPDATES

(9:17 p.m.)
- Wando (S.C.) OL Nolan Kelleher has picked up big out of state offers from FSU and Georgia. He camped at USC this summer and was good in front of OL coach Shawn Elliott.

(7:45 p.m.) - A couple of other prospects on the defensive line that could be on hand for USC's junior day on March 23 - the NC DT that we recently told you USC has been involved with - Caleb Samuel.

(7:15 p.m.)
- I hear that 2014 Latta (S.C.) OL Donell Stanley may be in Columbia on Sunday to watch the Gamecocks take on Clemson in baseball. He will see North Carolina again on March 9. FSU, Florida, Ohio State, and Notre Dame could also be in line for visits. USC, Clemson, North Carolina, Alabama, and Ohio State comprise his current top five and we feel South Carolina has the edge.

(5:50 p.m.) - Hilton Head (S.C.) DT Poona Ford has picked up his third SEC offer, this one from Arkansas. Gamecocks lead for the junior DT.

(4:45 p.m.) - Tarpon Springs (Fla.) East Lake OL Mason Cole committed today to Michigan. He had been on campus once before for an unofficial visit to USC and held an offer from the Gamecocks.

(4:22 p.m)
- Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove LB Bryson-Allen Williams recently took to Twitter to name his top three, and it's South Carolina/Alabama/Georgia. Alabama and Georgia are tied in second behind the Gamecocks, who have around a "60%" lead according to the four-star junior. The longer Allen-Williams waits (he's waiting his decision out until potentially the end of the process now) of course the stiffer the competition becomes, but USC is still in the best position to land him. Defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward jumped in early for Allen-Williams and has built an outstanding relationship with him and those closest to him. It's my belief at this point that unless things change pretty drastically it's going to be tough for Allen-Williams to say no to USC. Of course, there is a ways to go. Allen-Williams is not going to be enrolling early; as I said he's waiting until closer to signing day.

Allen-Williams is planning on returning to USC for another visit on March 23 (USC is holding another junior day then) and will also have a visit to Alabama on April 20.

Lexington (S.C.) White Knoll OL Christian Taylor visited UNC and NC State this past weekend (the Pack has offered) and will be back in Columbia to visit USC on the junior day date that was previously mentioned - March 23. USC has not offered Taylor; if one ultimately was sent his way it would be huge for him. Not sure if I see that happening at this point, but we're continuing to track him.

Blackshear (Ga.) Pierce County QB Tyler Harris has picked up offers in the past couple of days from Alabama and Mississippi State, and he too plans on visiting USC in March. The Gamecocks' top QB target of course is already set with Drew Barker and I don't believe I see the Gamecock staff offering another one unless the staff missed on Barker (USC leads right now), but Harris is one USC is continuing to keep tabs on at this stage.

2015 LB Jeffrey Holland already has over ten offers to his credit as just a sophomore, and USC was one of the first of that group. Holland plans on making at trip to USC at some point during the spring as well, in addition to trips to UNC, Florida, and FSU.

This post was edited on 2/28 5:59 PM by Chris Clark

This post was edited on 2/28 8:18 PM by Chris Clark

This post was edited on 2/28 8:25 PM by Chris Clark

This post was edited on 2/28 9:30 PM by Chris Clark

This post was edited on 3/1 4:28 PM by Chris Clark

This post was edited on 3/2 2:56 PM by Chris Clark

This post was edited on 3/3 3:41 PM by Chris Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards