ADVERTISEMENT

Next year's schedule

tngamecock#

Sep 10, 2000
sets up to be one of the easiest I can remember in a long time. But this crap the SEC is pulling on us by having us play 2 or 3 conference games out of our first 4 has got to stop. Is there any other team in any conference that gets this kind of scheduling?

BTW, I'm boycotting the game in Charlotte until we get some transgender bathrooms in NC:rolleyes:

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
sets up to be one of the easiest I can remember in a long time. But this crap the SEC is pulling on us by having us play 2 or 3 conference games out of our first 4 has got to stop. Is there any other team in any conference that gets this kind of scheduling?

BTW, I'm boycotting the game in Charlotte until we get some transgender bathrooms in NC:rolleyes:

Have u forgotten we don't have an AD? He has a position and he isnt rocking any boats

Reactions: RaginRooster

They will miss you. :)

Our OOC schedule is tough. NC State finished the year strong beating UNC and Vandy, La Tech went 9-5, Wofford gives us fits and Clemson will still have tons of playmakers and likely compete for an Orange Bowl bid.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Our OOC schedule is tough. NC State finished the year strong beating UNC and Vandy, La Tech went 9-5, Wofford gives us fits and Clemson will still have tons of playmakers and likely compete for an Orange Bowl bid.
I think we will have enough on offense next season to beat N.C. State on a neutral field. I would consider a loss to La Tech to be of the nightmare variety inasmuch as their head coach might well have been our head coach had Daddy left sooner, and he might be looking to prove something - just an aside.

WOW, we design our schedule the way it is, not the SEC. Next year we only play 2 SEC games in the first 4 games. We are ones that have 2 non-conference games to end the year. I am sure the SEC would love us the play a SEC game before Clemson, like UGA and UK are doing next year before the GTECH and Louisville games. So would ESPN and CBS, but it is a trade off for early SEC games for TV. In the future for TV, I am sure will be require to play a SEC before the Clemson game, so will other SEC schools. That is the one weak spot in the football schedule for the SEC.

A lot of what we've done, we did in order to get an open date in the middle of the season instead of after Week 10 or Week 11. You remember when our open dates were always so late in the year that they came too late for us to either improve our play or heal most of the injuries we had accumulated?

I'm ok with next year's schedule as long as we can find a way to win those first two. That's the kind of momentum we need because the last 2/3 of it will be difficult.

Reactions: king ward
I
WOW, we design our schedule the way it is, not the SEC. Next year we only play 2 SEC games in the first 4 games. We are ones that have 2 non-conference games to end the year. I am sure the SEC would love us the play a SEC game before Clemson, like UGA and UK are doing next year before the GTECH and Louisville games. So would ESPN and CBS, but it is a trade off for early SEC games for TV. In the future for TV, I am sure will be require to play a SEC before the Clemson game, so will other SEC schools. That is the one weak spot in the football schedule for the SEC.
don't think that is true when to comes to SEC games. I think members are consulting but the league schedule is set by the conference. Then the school fills in OOC games and open date around those. I am sure the league office takes school specific items into consideration (such as USC always plays Clemson the last game) but I think the conference has the final word on the league schedule.

I

don't think that is true when to comes to SEC games. I think members are consulting but the league schedule is set by the conference. Then the school fills in OOC games and open date around those. I am sure the league office takes school specific items into consideration (such as USC always plays Clemson the last game) but I think the conference has the final word on the league schedule.

Right now we have the say so about the last 2 weeks of the year. So yes, our SEC games are earlier.

when you are on a losing streak with Kentucky, you can't go calling any schedule "easy".

okay...........If we played ten AAC games, I wouldn't call it easy. How about "most favorable."
These days unfortunately I take no wins for granted..............but I also have no fear of UK based on our history. Doesn't mean we'll win, but I sure as hell would rather play them than Bama.

You need to do a little homework. The league sets up the schedule and you build your OOC around it.

Reactions: Heyward1 and eahjr
You need to do a little homework. The league sets up the schedule and you build your OOC around it.

So you are telling me that league will schedule a conference game before the Clemson? Right now no, we have asked that the last 2 game of the year to be non-conference.

A lot of what we've done, we did in order to get an open date in the middle of the season instead of after Week 10 or Week 11. You remember when our open dates were always so late in the year that they came too late for us to either improve our play or heal most of the injuries we had accumulated?

Anyone have handy our won-loss record since joining the SEC vs the first opponent AFTER an Open Date?

So you are telling me that league will schedule a conference game before the Clemson? Right now no, we have asked that the last 2 game of the year to be non-conference.

No, I'm not telling you that.............the league takes into consideration rivalries and requests by each team. Remember when we didn't get a break until abut the 10th game of the year? We requested that to change, and they accommodated. But we had to start playing conference games much earlier because of that. So if we get the last two weeks to schedule ooc games because we requested it, then so be it. That means the SEC schedules our conference games and we fill in from there. They do this for everyone, but make no mistake, they don't have the AD's negotiating with who/when they play other teams.

Why do you think Saban (or one of the coaches) was complaining about every team having a bye week before they played them a few years ago if you don't believe the league sets the schedules?

Reactions: king ward
I

That's how it works.

I

This is correct.

The sequence of the schedule looks rough. In three consecutives weeks playing Texas AM, Arkansas and Tennessee. Later on in the season back to back games with Georgia and Florida,

It looks like we might have to beat Clemson in the final game to make a bowl game next year. I don't think the schedule is easy at all.

Tell us why you say we don't have an AD first. BTW, he is one of 14 ADs in the conference. That works a whole lot in your favor to try to change something.
In regards to 14 AD's you referenced, I'm fairly certain there are only 13. Unless they've brought one back, Vandy axed (i.e. eliminated) that position a few years back.

No biggy, just sayin'.

In regards to 14 AD's you referenced, I'm fairly certain there are only 13. Unless they've brought one back, Vandy axed (i.e. eliminated) that position a few years back.

No biggy, just sayin'.

Since you are being technical, lol, I'm pretty sure you are correct. That said, I imagine if they have a conference AD meeting, Vandy has some type of representation there.

Since you are being technical, lol, I'm pretty sure you are correct. That said, I imagine if they have a conference AD meeting, Vandy has some type of representation there.
It's all good and I meant no disrespect - more so of an unconscious means/method on my part to recall Vandy's deal. While Vandy 'tis indeed a good/proper/mutually beneficial type conference member, they do at times seem to be the overall conference PITA!

Last edited:
Reactions: raycock2001
The sequence of the schedule looks rough. In three consecutives weeks playing Texas AM, Arkansas and Tennessee. Later on in the season back to back games with Georgia and Florida,

We should be ready to beat Tenn, aTm and Ark next year, that's not any kind of CFB murderer's row by any means. All three of those teams will be playing new QB's as well. Noteworthy that all three of those coaches are expected to be on hot seats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT