ADVERTISEMENT

No matter what Bowl we are invited to

I want to play a sorry punk ass team we can whup silly...9=4 in Booms 2nd season is a great sell on the recruiting trial...Since we don't have the common sense to buy recruits, we need to get to 9 wins

Well, we were blown out by Clem, so to me, the bowl doesn't really matter. That being understood, I'd like to draw a team that is disappointed not to have made a better bowl. Those are the ones most easily defeated. Don't want some non-P5 school that is looking to prove something. They'll whoop us like Clem.

From the bowl projections currently out there, it doesn't look like USC will get matched up with a team that isn't pretty good. Although at this point in Muschamps tenure, we would be better off drawing a lesser team for recruiting purposes

I want to play a sorry punk ass team we can whup silly...9=4 in Booms 2nd season is a great sell on the recruiting trial...Since we don't have the common sense to buy recruits, we need to get to 9 wins
Yep. This is what have been saying too. I'd be happy drawing Northwest Dakota State Central U, student population, 1200. A "W" and 9-4 final record is all I want for Christmas this year. Agree with you also that it would certainly help with the recruiting pitch.

Reactions: lawcalcock
The projections are all over the board, and the opponents are all pretty solid. Still hope that it is Nashville or Jacksonville.

The poorest team we are likely to play is Northwestern, and they are both smart and well coached. Prospects for nine aren't great.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan isn't a very likely option. OSU, PennSt, Wisc, all above in BIG then Michigan.

They don't have a QB so I think it could be a fairly decent matchup. I think beating a big brand in a bowl is the best way to get a recruits attention versus playing N. Dakota St. as someone suggested.
Sure, if you assume you would beat either one of them. The main thing, however, is to win.

They don't have a QB so I think it could be a fairly decent matchup. I think beating a big brand in a bowl is the best way to get a recruits attention versus playing N. Dakota St. as someone suggested.
It was NW Dakota St. Central U. Don't want any part of N. Dakota St. in a bowl. :p

But seriously; Yes, defeating a big brand would make a bigger splash. But I really just want that 9th W.

It was NW Dakota St. Central U. Don't want any part of N. Dakota St. in a bowl. :p

But seriously; Yes, defeating a big brand would make a bigger splash. But I really just want that 9th W.
That's right, but realistically there isn't a cupcake out there for us.

They enjoy warmth. No, they aren't happy, and I'd even say Harbaugh's seat is getting warm. You can't keep losing to Ohio State and experience tranquility in that job.
As Cooper found out on the opposite side.

Was shocked that he never took another HC job. All he did was average 10 wins per season.

Reactions: king ward
Well, we were blown out by Clem, so to me, the bowl doesn't really matter. That being understood, I'd like to draw a team that is disappointed not to have made a better bowl. Those are the ones most easily defeated. Don't want some non-P5 school that is looking to prove something. They'll whoop us like Clem.
Yep. We weren't going to beat them. The hope was we would show some improvement over last year's beat down. We didn't. In fact, our QB looked worse than Tajy ever did when we got in his head. Had Watson still been at clemson, the score would have been similar to last year. But there's a need to finish on a positive note.

Do you really think recruits are that stupid? I think they’ve been around the game long enough to know what a quality win is. Our struggles against teams like UT and La Tech sell absolutely nothing. It only exposes how bad we are. Then Clemson comes in and beats our brains out. That was the game that mattered especially for in-state talent. If I wrer a 4-5 star recruit I wouldn’t even consider visiting our school. Recruits want to go where they can develope and have access to top notch facilities. We need to try a lot harder.

Yep. We weren't going to beat them. The hope was we would show some improvement over last year's beat down. We didn't. In fact, our QB looked worse than Tajy ever did when we got in his head. Had Watson still been at clemson, the score would have been similar to last year. But there's a need to finish on a positive note.
The season is already guaranteed to be unsuccessful. There's no point making it more unsuccessful.

Looks like Michigan State vs South Carolina is a real possibility. Michigan State is close to a lock to get the Outback.

Would love for this game to happen.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Do you really think recruits are that stupid? I think they’ve been around the game long enough to know what a quality win is. Our struggles against teams like UT and La Tech sell absolutely nothing. It only exposes how bad we are. Then Clemson comes in and beats our brains out. That was the game that mattered especially for in-state talent. If I wrer a 4-5 star recruit I wouldn’t even consider visiting our school. Recruits want to go where they can develope and have access to top notch facilities. We need to try a lot harder.
UPC is and always be the game that matters, for a host of reasons, including recruiting in and around the state of South Carolina.

Reactions: Tiger71
Michigan finished 6th in the B1G this year--they are too low in slotting to get Outback. They will get the Holiday Bowl. Plus they have been to FL last two years. A Michigan State team that missed a bowl game last year and hasn't played in Florida since 2011 is almost a shoe in for the Outback.

Michigan finished 6th in the B1G this year--they are too low in slotting to get Outback. They will get the Holiday Bowl. Plus they have been to FL last two years. A Michigan State team that missed a bowl game last year and hasn't played in Florida since 2011 is almost a shoe in for the Outback.
Oh, they'll kick our a$$es unmercifully, with a Gamecock directing them.

They kept him quite awhile, but averaging 10 won't keep you there forever if you aren't beating Michigan. Tressel helped with that - and other things.
I know. I was there at the time. The radio shows were terrible...Cooper may have been the most hated man in Columbus. And most of the criticism came from Earl Bruce, who hosted a radio show, of all people.

The season is already guaranteed to be unsuccessful. There's no point making it more unsuccessful.
Winning 8 in year two of a total rebuild is already unsuccessful? A complete unqualified failure in your opinion? How many wins did you predict before the season? LOL

Reactions: lawcalcock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT