ADVERTISEMENT

No Way is Ohio State the #4 team in America

TN-Gamecock

May 10, 2002
Erwin, TN/Originally from Greer
Had Northwestern's quarterback not fumbled the ball in the 4th quarter, the game could've gone NW way. Northwestern lost to a paltry Michigan State team.

It would be a an injustice for OSU to get in over Texas A&M....The SEC plays a much tougher schedule. I hope if they do let OSU in, that they have to play BAMA in the first

round of the playoffs...BAMA will bitch slap OSU!!!!!!!!!

Had Northwestern's quarterback not fumbled the ball in the 4th quarter, the game could've gone NW way. Northwestern lost to a paltry Michigan State team.

It would be a an injustice for OSU to get in over Texas A&M....The SEC plays a much tougher schedule. I hope if they do let OSU in, that they have to play BAMA in the first

round of the playoffs...BAMA will bitch slap OSU!!!!!!!!!
I agree. Watching much of the game today, it did not seem to me like OSU were playing the part of the #4 team in the country. They resembled more of a middle of the road SEC team.

Reactions: TN-Gamecock
My guess is they play Bama and get beat soundly. ND and Clemson play a 3rd time unfortunately.

What if BAMA and Clemson both lose tonight? Would it be Bama, A&M, UF and Notre Dame? OSU does not belong...i think you're going to hear rumblings about OSU being considered...I hope the SEC commissioner speaks out!!!!!

What if BAMA and Clemson both lose tonight? Would it be Bama, A&M, UF and Notre Dame? OSU does not belong...i think you're going to hear rumblings about OSU being considered...I hope the SEC commissioner speaks out!!!!!
Let’s just add, so nobody is confused. Bama WILL NOT lose to UF. It won’t be close. Thus, UF is out (never were in after last week). If you want Texas AM as a second SEC team - you’ll need to hope for a Clemson loss (Which we all should want). OSU is in as Big10 champ....although their resume this year is very suspect. The BIG10 this year has looked like a mid tier conference and the game today was UGLY (except the OSU RB). OSU doesn’t pass the eye test, but they are in on history and the champions of the BIG10. Can TAM leapfrog ND if CU wins - depends? But, ND is a National darling (which is why I hate them). There will me more to overcome for TAM to leapfrog ND that just the Irish losing.

So, pull for a CU loss and the top 4 will be set and will include two SEC teams.

Just like most years, this perfectly illustrates why four teams is plenty, if not too many, for determining a legitimate college football champion.

Just like most years, this perfectly illustrates why four teams is plenty, if not too many, for determining a legitimate college football champion.
Yes, but will it be the right 4 teams based on schedule and strength of schedule? or will there be team like OSU who get's in on an easy 6 game schedule vs a Texas A&M team that played 11 though games? Bullsh*t...

Reactions: Legendary Cock
You have me curious why you think a four team playoff is too many.

Yes...as usual...the big ten is overrated and should not have a team in the top four. It’s usually a conf. Of 2 ...maybe 3...but this year only a conf. Of 1

You have me curious why you think a four team playoff is too many.
How many years does the third and especially fourth place team have a legit claim to being in the top two? I mean, sometimes it's questionable who should be second or third so obviously you can't just have three teams so you have to add the fourth. The goal is getting the top TWO teams.

How many years does the third and especially fourth place team have a legit claim to being in the top two? I mean, sometimes it's questionable who should be second or third so obviously you can't just have three teams so you have to add the fourth. The goal is getting the top TWO teams.
OSU and Bama each won a championship after sneaking into the 4 hole.

OSU and Bama each won a championship after sneaking into the 4 hole.
Yeah, they snuck in. Sometimes you might be the best team on any given day but still not deserve to play. But anyway, they still were in the top four. You know good and well the vast majority of years the argument as to who the best team is starts falling off very quickly beyond the top three teams.

OSU played half a season. They should be disqualified from the get-go. They are getting in on brand name only.

The B1G chose to play only a half season. It was their choice. They can't blame COVID-19 because 3 conferences DID play a (nearly) complete season of 10-11 games. The BIG should have to pay the price for their stupidity.

There are other choices of teams that played a complete season who should get in over Ohio State:
Texas A&M
Notre Dame
even Cincinatti

They will get it, though. The committee has always over-rated the B1G, and, especially Ohio State.

But it is pathetic and a betrayal of the committee process.

Last edited:
vast majority of years the argument as to who the best team is starts falling off very quickly beyond the top three teams.

6 year CFP sample size. #4 seed has one it twice. 33% of the time. I’m not a statistician, but this seems significant and would indicate that someone outside of the top three can win it.

6 year CFP sample size. #4 seed has one it twice. 33% of the time. I’m not a statistician, but this seems significant and would indicate that someone outside of the top three can win it.

Yes, if Bama had lost to UF they could have dropped to 4 and then won it. This year, neither OSU nor Notre Dame are even close to being on the same level as Clemson or Alabama. Look for two blowout semi-finals and then the same ole Clemson vs Bama matchup yet again.

Ohio State played two teams. Indiana and Northwestern. They struggled. Their limited work suggests they would get crushed by Alabama or Clemson.

And thats really what its about. Who can give Alabama and Clemson a game? We know Notre Dame can. It would seem Florida could. Other than that we know nothing. Let's put Cincinnati in. Lol

Here's what it should be (if the CFP had actual integrity and based it on the games actually played - and not give credit for games not played)

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Texas A&M
4. Cincinnati or Notre Dame

Cincinnati is undefeated, but struggled a bit against Tulsa.
Notre Dame has both the best win and the best loss (to use the March Madness terminology).

I'd like to give it to Cincinnati, just to show the G5 complainers how far they really have to go, but I actually think ND is a much better team. They would easily defeat Cincinnati.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT