ADVERTISEMENT

Not being critical yet, but the upstate Sc Congressman, Jeff Duncan, seems

cockgun

Aug 3, 2002
to be kind of crazy. I understand that he played at Clemson; however, I also understand that he is posting on social media that he spends time changing out the Clemson flag, flying over the state house, from a day time scene to a night time scene, has spent all day today self reporting the Clemson parade and in addition to all of this, is inferring the Clemson win over Alabama was attributed to Philippians 4:13. And I quote
  1. "Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
    Clemson's QB Deshaun Watson is #4
    and WR Hunter Renfrow is #13.
    Watson to Renfrow beats 'Bama!
    Coincidence? ...
    Hmmm.
    Go Tigers!!!"

1. I am concerned as a USC grad that if he is to run for statewide office, as I heard that he might, he would not have the interest of USC or any of its constituents. He sounds like that radio station in Greenville Wxxx whatever it is, which is just basically a propaganda station. I am a conservative too, so I am willing to listen to any in the upstate that have an opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: lowcountrytiger
to be kind of crazy. I understand that he played at Clemson; however, I also understand that he is posting on social media that he spends time changing out the Clemson flag, flying over the state house, from a day time scene to a night time scene, has spent all day today self reporting the Clemson parade and in addition to all of this, is inferring the Clemson win over Alabama was attributed to Philippians 4:13. And I quote
  1. "Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
    Coincidence? ...
    Hmmm.
    Go Tigers!!!"

1. I am concerned as a USC grad that if he is to run for statewide office, as I heard that he might, he would not have the interest of USC or any of his constituents. He sounds like that radio station in Greenville Wxxx whatever it is, which is just basically a propaganda station. I am a conservative too, so I am willing to listen to any in the upstate that have an opinion.
Opinion: I hope they kick his tater behind out of office.
Done.

I have known Jeff for some time. Is he a tiger, you betcha, but is a real nice guy none the less. Like most Clemson grads, much nicer than the red neck fans who never went there.

Coincidence? ...
    Hmmm.
    Go Tigers!!!"
Forward this to Duncan:

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
I could care less about this stuff as long as he represents the interests that I care for in DC. Which he does. Unlike that other Clemson lover Lindsey Graham. Known more widely as the junior senator from Arizona.

Reactions: SCGCock07
Doesn't it just cheapen faith when people claim God actually cares about football? Or that he somehow chooses certain people to "win" in life. My reading of the Christ story is that he uplifted the untouchables and made a place for ALL at his table.

Duncan's truly American brand of evangelism not only tarnishes Christian religion but also divides us into the chosen and the not chosen. Christ was a uniter not a divider. If he made any choice it was to live with those on the bottom, not the rich and prosperous (or those who claimed to be chosen). SMH

Coincidence? ...
    Hmmm.
    Go Tigers!!!"

1. I am concerned as a USC grad that if he is to run for statewide office, as I heard that he might, he would not have the interest of USC or any of its constituents. He sounds like that radio station in Greenville Wxxx whatever it is, which is just basically a propaganda station. I am a conservative too, so I am willing to listen to any in the upstate that have an opinion.
I live in the upstate, am a Clemson graduate, never voted for him and never will. This week he was the proud author of a bill to make it easier to put silencers on all weapons - even though law enforcement voiced opposition. Said it hurt his ears at the shooting range.

I posted this pic on my Facebook page and Hunter Renfrows brother sent me a private message to take it down. Said it wasn't the best image for what he stands for and wanted to protect his platform....
It is not protecting his platform, it would be covering up his true image.

So has Dabo had Perry Nobel baptize his entire football team before he went to rehab? That guy made millions off
people seeking God in the church he started before he revealed his true character.

It is not protecting his platform, it would be covering up his true image.

So has Dabo had Perry Nobel baptize his entire football team before he went to rehab? That guy made millions off
people seeking God in the church he started before he revealed his true character.

Maybe Hunter did not realize Daniel did that until it was too late...like the folks who 'five-bombed' Dabo.

When you're staring at a camera, people can get away with doing some stupid things...and Daniel Rodriguez was always a really weird cat in that regard...so nothing surprises me about him.

Last edited:
Also, about the "God" stuff...I think what they're saying is that everything is supposedly God's will and he chooses to put certain people in certain situations (or on certain platforms) in order to inspire or reach others who are lost.

So, Clemson winning obviously wasn't about God getting Clemson a National Championship...but moreso the end result of the people that can be reached by doing so. For example...look at how many people are reading/hearing bible verses who normally don't even go to church.

I'm not an overly religious person...but that's the way I took those comments from Dabo and Deshaun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT