ADVERTISEMENT

Not one person here is surprised

Bama was favored by 7.5 and lost by 28 in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game. The stage matters. Everyone was picking Bama to win. That's a pretty bad loss and the point differential is the greatest for Bama under Saban. I guess we can atleast agree that it was the greatest loss on the scoreboard for a Saban lead Alabama team, seeing as that is a fact. You crack me up. I feel like you would argue if the sky is blue....its a bluish hue but it's not sky blue, haha

Reactions: Zann77
Bama was favored by 7.5 and lost by 28 in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game. The stage matters. Everyone was picking Bama to win. That's a pretty bad loss and the point differential is the greatest for Bama under Saban. I guess we can atleast agree that it was the greatest loss on the scoreboard for a Saban lead Alabama team, seeing as that is a fact. You crack me up. I feel like you would argue if the sky is blue....its a bluish hue but it's not sky blue, haha

I was hoping whatever intoxicant you were on would wear off eventually. Actually the Vegas line was 4.5, at least you're not still peddling that GREATEST loss by the GREATEST team ever BS.

I was hoping whatever intoxicant you were on would wear off eventually. Actually the Vegas line was 4.5, at least you're not still peddling that GREATEST loss by the GREATEST team ever BS.

I very clearly said the following:

"I hear you, but...hasn't Dabo built a Dynasty? He is the only person to go toe to toe with Saban repeatedly and just handed him his greatest loss at Alabama EVER! And on a national Championship stage with arguably Saban's greatest team ever that was being touted by the media as the greatest college football team of all time."

You are arguing it wasn't Sabans greatest team, which is fair and the reason I said "arguably". Note, the 1970's Bama teams were not Sabans team. Either way, it was his biggest butt whooping at Alabama ever and on the biggest stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zann77

"I hear you, but...hasn't Dabo built a Dynasty? He is the only person to go toe to toe with Saban repeatedly and just handed him his greatest loss at Alabama EVER! And on a national Championship stage with arguably Saban's greatest team ever that was being touted by the media as the greatest college football team of all time."

You are arguing it wasn't Sabans greatest team, which is fair and the reason I said "arguably". Note, the 1970's Bama teams were not Sabans team. Either way, it was his biggest butt whooping at Alabama ever and on the biggest stage.

If it is a Dynasty, it is hopefully the shortest Dynasty ever to exist. Big word Dynasty.. Excellent football team for now but you must be lumping in that bought 1981 Championship as well.. Was a few years there that Dynasty was in limbo...

If it is a Dynasty, it is hopefully the shortest Dynasty ever to exist. Big word Dynasty.. Excellent football team for now but you must be lumping in that bought 1981 Championship as well.. Was a few years there that Dynasty was in limbo...

I was just thinking 3 title appearances in 4 years and 2 titles in the last 3 probably counts as a dynasty. It may not be a long lived one, but they are currently ranked #1 with the greatest odds to make the title game again and have one of the top recruiting classes. Only time will tell.

I was just thinking 3 title appearances in 4 years and 2 titles in the last 3 probably counts as a dynasty. It may not be a long lived one, but they are currently ranked #1 with the greatest odds to make the title game again and have one of the top recruiting classes. Only time will tell.

Actually you played in 4 title games in the last 4 years which you won 2 of them.. 50% But that is still impressive. All Dynasty's fall, hopefully very soon for Clemson.. But we will see.

Actually you played in 4 title games in the last 4 years which you won 2 of them.. 50% But that is still impressive. All Dynasty's fall, hopefully very soon for Clemson.. But we will see.

Shoot, we played in the 2017 title game and I missed it! Dang it! Nope, KB was our QB and couldn't pass for a lick.

This has been fun, but I guess I just wonder why Clemson fans have to bill everything as "the Greatest" everything. You have enough to be proud of without that. When Clemson lost to Alabama 24-6 in the playoffs was that the biggest butt whooping on the second biggest stage? (Apologies to West Virginia)

Then there's the "arguably" qualifier when you know damn good and well the Alabama team you played, when you played them was not being called the "GREATEST TEAM EVER" by anybody. Was Jake Bentley the better quarterback when we played you last year? I could say "arguably" the best but that's dishonest. You had a great team last year, they weren't the greatest team ever either.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT