ADVERTISEMENT

Not one single Extra Dime!!!!!!

The supply of GOOD SA isn't extremely high.

What will happen is what goes on with baseball now: the best prospects will go to some sort of minor league system until they're ready to come to the pros. current football programs will become devoid of talent and a LOT of the interest currently held in CFB will evaporate overnight.
Oh yeah, popularity of minor league football is going to blow up. You're delusional.

Pay them. The $4100 or so we're going to pay our athletes each year is hardly going to enable them to live like royalty.

Yes, that IS the way it should be because that is how life works. The university has employees and it has student athletes. Multi-million dollars business have employees and they have unpaid interns working for them. There is NO difference. They are working for the experience and for education just like any student athlete. Like walkons some are paying for their own college education. There is NOTHING wrong with it.
This is not the way "life works", and even if it were, that doesn't make it right. That's like saying if you have money and influence you can probably buy your way out of most legal problems, and that's okay because "that is how life works."
Businesses have employees who make money for the business. Universities have employees who do the same. However, those "unpaid student interns" you think so little of (student athletes) are the ones who truly drive the market. Nobody is showing up at WB Stadium on a Saturday afternoon to watch Spurrier and Dabo stare at each other from the sidelines. We watch the games to watch the SA. Without them, there is no business.

I'm with you in spirit, but given that they aren't allowed to work for spending money, I'd give them a very small amount of money.

Completely agree. When I was a student athlete back in the late 70's it was almost a full time job then. Now, these kids are have absolutely zero time to have a side job to earn spending money. They deserve a little extra for what the do for the university. Many of these kids don't have parents who can send them extra cash.

Could you imagine going through school and not being able to eat out or even hit the bars once in awhile?

Completely agree. When I was a student athlete back in the late 70's it was almost a full time job then. Now, these kids are have absolutely zero time to have a side job to earn spending money. They deserve a little extra for what the do for the university. Many of these kids don't have parents who can send them extra cash.

Could you imagine going through school and not being able to eat out or even hit the bars once in awhile?

HA HA, so we pay them so they can hit the bars every now and again? I'm not against increasing their stipend, but I don't think they should be hitting the bars. That's what gets some of them in trouble now.

HA HA, so we pay them so they can hit the bars every now and again? I'm not against increasing their stipend, but I don't think they should be hitting the bars. That's what gets some of them in trouble now.
No, we pay them because they are essential parts of our multimillion dollar program. What they do with the money is none of our business. I doubt many of us have employers who send a letter home with our checks stating "You aren't allowed to go out drinking, you can't smoke, gamble, etc..."

Reactions: 78 Yardcock

Ok dude...then how about take a girl out to dinner? Is that better? Jeez.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT