ADVERTISEMENT

Not Showing up...

Noonoo-33

Aug 20, 2018
...being embarrassed by uga and klempson is now commonplace. How many pick sixes have we thrown? Under this staff we play our worst under the biggest spotlight. If it really matters we don’t even show up. This has to change.

That's what I miss under Spurrier. In big games he had his team ready no matter what. Sure we'd screw around with SC State and teams like that but we were also a death trap to ranked teams coming in (Kentucky, Ole Miss, Bama, UGA, etc). He also could recruit when he wanted to. He could spot a game changer. Who the hell you think recruited Deebo?

...being embarrassed by uga and klempson is now commonplace. How many pick sixes have we thrown? Under this staff we play our worst under the biggest spotlight. If it really matters we don’t even show up. This has to change.

I think Bentley threw at least 3 if not 4 pick 6's...

At least two at home in the last games... Clemson & Georgia... Both same results, both giving the two teams a 7-0 lead....

I knew uga was more talented but i see lack of fundamentals, poor tackling especially, inability to block anyone, poor punting (that cost us), and a qb that is no better than the day he walked on campus. We actually have weapons believe it or not but they are not being utilized. Look at our receiver group. No excuse not to be doing damage. Something is missing.

To be fair that Pick 6 was not really on Bentley. My biggest problem about some of what happened is why are we throwing to a running back with all these receivers we have? I really think we all just want to find something to nitpick about at this point though. Georgia was just plain better than us.

To be fair that Pick 6 was not really on Bentley. My biggest problem about some of what happened is why are we throwing to a running back with all these receivers we have? I really think we all just want to find something to nitpick about at this point though. Georgia was just plain better than us.

For a number of years now, our receivers can't seem to get open - I don't know why that is (while opponent receivers get open all day long).

I still contend that that pick-(almost)6 WAS on Bentley. That pass was thrown @103mph. That first possession Bentley was throwing high heaters to everyone. After he calmed down, his passes were more catchable.

That's what I miss under Spurrier. In big games he had his team ready no matter what. Sure we'd screw around with SC State and teams like that but we were also a death trap to ranked teams coming in (Kentucky, Ole Miss, Bama, UGA, etc). He also could recruit when he wanted to. He could spot a game changer. Who the hell you think recruited Deebo?

And herein lies the root of the predicament that we currently find ourselves in. His lack of wanting to recruit.

For a number of years now, our receivers can't seem to get open - I don't know why that is (while opponent receivers get open all day long).

I still contend that that pick-(almost)6 WAS on Bentley. That pass was thrown @103mph. That first possession Bentley was throwing high heaters to everyone. After he calmed down, his passes were more catchable.
That one air mailed pass took out Rico and their db because of the collision. Rico was fully extended and is very fortunate their guy held up. Many of the passes caught were overthrown or inaccurate at least in the first half and we weren't down by three tds by the time he was relaxed.

Doesn't matter a pick 6 is still a pick 6...

Just like the INT's that bounces off the hands and lands in the hand of a defender...

Spurrier had nothing to do with yesterday. Nothing.

Sure he did. He left the cabinet empty. That's why it will take Muschamp years to turn it around. You can't look at the roster we have and tell me Muschamp is competing with the same caliber of roster as Spurrier was in 2011, 12 and 13. It's just not there. We are still feeling the effects of Spurriers actions.

Reactions: wcocat
Sure he did. He left the cabinet empty. That's why it will take Muschamp years to turn it around. You can't look at the roster we have and tell me Muschamp is competing with the same caliber of roster as Spurrier was in 2011, 12 and 13. It's just not there. We are still feeling the effects of Spurriers actions.
He left it empty and yet the best players on the past two teams were recruited by Spurrier (Skai Moore and Deebo). When are we going to quit using 2 years of Spurriers laziness (2014 and 2015) as to why we are getting out doors blown off 3 years later? After this year there are no more Spurrier players left. Will he still get the blame? What does Spurrier have to do with a 3rd year QB making true freshman mistakes? What does Spurrier have to do with defenders not being able to tackle worth a crap? When we win Muschamp gets all the praise but when we crap the bed it's Spurriers fault? In year 3???

He left it empty and yet the best players on the past two teams were recruited by Spurrier (Skai Moore and Deebo). When are we going to quit using 2 years of Spurriers laziness (2014 and 2015) as to why we are getting out doors blown off 3 years later? After this year there are no more Spurrier players left. Will he still get the blame? What does Spurrier have to do with a 3rd year QB making true freshman mistakes? What does Spurrier have to do with defenders not being able to tackle worth a crap? When we win Muschamp gets all the praise but when we crap the bed it's Spurriers fault? In year 3???
It was a little longer than that. I said years ago that SOS quit recruiting after Clowney. My concern is this. In most cases, great coaches make a huge difference almost immediately. Even if the team lacks talent, usually you see a team playing with a different attitude and you also see a noticeable upgrade in recruiting after the first season. Given this staff’s rep for recruiting, our frosh class this year should have been loaded. Likewise the 2019 class.

Great points. No doubt they can recruit ...my concern is they haven't shown they can coach

I don't miss that he went 6-6 in his 3rd season. I think it took him a couple years just like it will Boom.

Reactions: cockyjohn
It was a little longer than that. I said years ago that SOS quit recruiting after Clowney. My concern is this. In most cases, great coaches make a huge difference almost immediately. Even if the team lacks talent, usually you see a team playing with a different attitude and you also see a noticeable upgrade in recruiting after the first season. Given this staff’s rep for recruiting, our frosh class this year should have been loaded. Likewise the 2019 class.

Jimbo seems to have made an immediate difference in College Station. Of course, Sumlin recruited at a decent level prior to his arrival.

I don't miss that he went 6-6 in his 3rd season. I think it took him a couple years just like it will Boom.
Hey at least they beat #11 Georgia that year. Even only lost to #2 LSU by 12 instead of 24. And that was on the road, not in front of a home crowd. They also beat #8 Kentucky that year. Let me know when Muschamp starts beating ranked teams.

Hey at least they beat #11 Georgia that year. Even only lost to #2 LSU by 12 instead of 24. And that was on the road, not in front of a home crowd. They also beat #8 Kentucky that year. Let me know when Muschamp starts beating ranked teams.
So you will take a 6-6 as long as we beat a ranked team and have some moral victory's

Reactions: drawplay000
We were the trendy pick because our first 22 were supposed to be as good as their first 22 and we were playing at home. Got news for those who made that observation. We're not even close. Georgia is an elite program that in the second half did exactly what they wanted to do. Maybe we will get there. Certainly hope so.

But while Will Muschamp and staff are great recruiters and we are getting some wins in recruiting against elite programs...and while understand it may take a moment to "catch up" in order to be competitive with the elite programs like Georgia and Clemson...there seems to be something missing from a coaching standpoint in big games. We don't seem to make adjustments needed.

He's got to win 10 this year. That was what we all agreed upon, steady improvement from year to year. Winning 9 wouldn't be the end of the world but anything less is a big step back.

Ten? I just hope we win next week at this point. Therein lies the frustration. None of us are seeing improvement. At least, i don’t. Our fundamentals on defense are god awful. Our safety play has to be the worst in the sec. this game showed me how far away we are from any relevance at all. The farther away we get from spurrier the less blame he deserves. Believe it or not we do have talent and i don’t think we are making the most of it. At home especially, i don’t expect to get run out of our stadium. Beginning to believe we are NOT well coached at all.

Ten? I just hope we win next week at this point. Therein lies the frustration. None of us are seeing improvement. At least, i don’t. Our fundamentals on defense are god awful. Our safety play has to be the worst in the sec. this game showed me how far away we are from any relevance at all. The farther away we get from spurrier the less blame he deserves. Believe it or not we do have talent and i don’t think we are making the most of it. At home especially, i don’t expect to get run out of our stadium. Beginning to believe we are NOT well coached at all.
Yep. There are only 3 players left from the Spurrier era I believe. One is our best player too. Without him God knows where we'd be at. If you want to know the truth, I saw better defensive play when more of Spurriers players were still here than Muschamp's. I guess they weren't as bad after all as we thought. That defense yesterday was all Muschamp recruited players. Every single one of them.

So you will take a 6-6 as long as we beat a ranked team and have some moral victory's

I will take anything that shows we competed rather than BS I saw yesterday. Time and again we get our asses handed to us in an embarassing fashion. Even when we were 6-6 and I always felt like we would show up and compete. Not this team.

Reactions: Noonoo-33

Because the guys covering our receivers don't have to worry about helping stop our running game.

Reactions: 92Pony
I will take anything that shows we competed rather than BS I saw yesterday. Time and again we get our asses handed to us in an embarassing fashion. Even when we were 6-6 and I always felt like we would show up and compete. Not this team.
We competed if we didn't it would have been 42 nothing at half time. They are that much better than us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT