ADVERTISEMENT

Noter Dame, you have no business in CFP’s

So, true. But, they will only drop all the way out if the blowout continues. I expect the ACC commish is calling Dabo to take the foot off the gas. It helps the ACC overall for this game to be close with Clemson win. A Clemson loss (unlikely) or a blowout hurts the ACC overall - only one team makes it.

Today is proof that the ND win earlier in the year was more of TL missing than ND good.

TAM is the third best team in the country. Cost a coin for number 4.

Reactions: redrogers
QB runs 20 yards towards the sidelines and takes a three yard loss instead of tossing it OOB. 🤷‍♂️

In other news, water is wet. The only team that Notre Dame beat that has a pulse besides Clemson is UNC.

Ahia St doesn’t deserve in either. Should be Bama, Clemmers, aTm and a player to be named later.

Personally, I say to go ahead and put Cincy in the 4th spot. Give them a chance to put up or shut up.

Plus, I doubt a 3rd SEC team(and 2 losses to boot) will get into the playoffs.

Hard for ND to make a case when, not only did they get thrashed, but they didn't even score a touchdown on offense. I say A&M benefitted hugely. This game was another stark indicator of ACC weakness. These two teams, which played only ACC opponents, had two losses between them, both to each other.

Hard for ND to make a case when, not only did they get thrashed, but they didn't even score a touchdown on offense. I say A&M benefitted hugely. This game was another stark indicator of ACC weakness. These two teams, which played only ACC opponents, had two losses between them, both to each other.
To be fair, A&M still has Bama’s skid marks on them too

And the only team ND played that had a pulse besides Clemson was UNC. They won a lot of games against .500 or worse teams.

Do they? Vandy, South Carolina, Arkansas, Miss State, and Tennessee are all horrible. Among the worst P5 teams (Vandy is the worst). Auburn and LSU are the definition of mediocre/bad this year and imploded. That leaves Bama and Florida. Bama and Clemson seem really close this year and both thumped ND and A&M. Florida and UNC are pretty close too. I'd say it's a wash if you actually look at the teams and not where the teams were ranked when they played them.
SEC garbage stinks less that ACC garbage based on committed resources alone. A&M has one loss, to the #1 team in America. That alone gives them any perceived push over Notre Dame.

SEC garbage stinks less that ACC garbage based on committed resources alone. A&M has one loss, to the #1 team in America. That alone gives them any perceived push over Notre Dame.
Reasonable cases can be made for both. Both were blown out by a team who will be in the CFP. Notre Dame has the better win. Committee members will make some fanbase(s) mad no matter what they do.

If they are concerned about TV ratings, Notre Dame will get the nod.

Reasonable cases can be made for both. Both were blown out by a team who will be in the CFP. Notre Dame has the better win. Committee members will make some fanbase(s) mad no matter what they do.

If they are concerned about TV ratings, Notre Dame will get the nod.
Best thing that could happen would be if they played Ohio State first in order to eliminate a clear pretender. But if Bama wins tonight, that won't happen.

I agree, but get ready to be outraged.
Agreed also. But similar to ND, OSU brings lots of eyes to the TVs across the country. I’m not a complete conspiracy theorist on this, but if the committee can make “reasonable“ cases to include these two institutions, I imagine they will.

Agreed also. But similar to ND, OSU brings lots of eyes to the TVs across the country. I’m not a complete conspiracy theorist on this, but if the committee can make “reasonable“ cases to include these two institutions, I imagine they will.
They would only be strengthening the case for those who want to expand the playoff, an idea I detest.

Last edited:
They would only be strengthening the case for those who want to expand the playoff, a idea I detest.
You and I are in the minority. Four is the right number and controversy is interesting. The only argument which moves me even a little for expansion is to help the G5 schools have a chance to compete for a championship. Under the current structure, they seem locked out no matter what.

I think they should concede the point and have their own G5 playoff. No shame in it. This year maybe would be:

Cincy v. Louisiana
Coastal v. San Jose St.

I would watch. Certainly more interesting than a low level bowl game.

Clemson. Bama. Coastal. Texas a&m

(I think Coastal would get clobbered by any of the above teams in a play off game just as OSU and ND would. But Coastal deserves to be there)

Last edited:
You and I are in the minority. Four is the right number and controversy is interesting. The only argument which moves me even a little for expansion is to help the G5 schools have a chance to compete for a championship. Under the current structure, they seem locked out no matter what.

I think they should concede the point and have their own G5 playoff. No shame in it. This year maybe would be:

Cincy v. Louisiana
Coastal v. San Jose St.

I would watch. Certainly more interesting than a low level bowl game.
This is exactly the right approach. But the Cretans won't see it.

But they have also a greater strength of schedule. Considerably so.

Do they really? Bama, Florida, and a bunch of bad to mediocre teams. Perhaps your assessment of Vandy, Miss St, Arkansas, SC, LSU, Auburn, and Tenn is a little off this year? 3 of those teams were bad enough that they just fired their coaches, and Pruitt is going to join that group within the year.

There's obviously a lot of bad to mediocre teams on NDs schedule too, but they did play Clemson twice and beat UNC. I don't see how you can really make a case that A&M's schedule is "considerably" better.

FWIW, ESPN has A&Ms schedule ranked 10th and ND's 13th.

I'm not advocating this, far from it, but I will not be surprised if the 4 in are
Alabama
Clemson
OSU
ND.

Never underestimate ratings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT