ADVERTISEMENT

Nunez is one talented kid

yeasos

Jan 20, 2005
Just imagine how good he would be at Georgia Tech, running that option attack. But I am glad he is on our team. I hope he starts the rest of the year. Lets build for the future. We are done this year, IMO.

Reactions: gpcocks
Agreed. Hope they're working hard on his passing game. I think he threw it once last night and it looked pretty good. Nothing against Orth, but this kid is lightning quick and looks to be a gamer.

My Grandson, who went to high school with Nunez told me we got a good one when he came here. Let's not give up on the season, maybe just hope for a decent bowl.. There were years when that would have been the most we could expect.

Agreed. Hope they're working hard on his passing game. I think he threw it once last night and it looked pretty good. Nothing against Orth, but this kid is lightning quick and looks to be a gamer.

NO !
Besides Nunez's great running versus a hostile UGA environment 9/19/15, this true freshman actually completed FOUR passes--and the fifth one was dropped !
I"m proud to say, I talked w/ him at Athens before he left for Columbia. He has a calm , but quiet self-assurance off the field--and of course ON the field. Perry Orth is okay, but this Lorenzo NUNEZ might indeed be a Connor Shaw PLUS !

Last week it was Orth who was the most loved one, this week it's Nunez, next week it will be Micheal Scarnecchia who will be the flavor of the week

Last week it was Orth who was the most loved one, this week it's Nunez, next week it will be Micheal Scarnecchia who will be the flavor of the week

Whats your purpose of posting this? What does it bring to the table and add to discussion?

Better question: why in the hell do the mods allow it?

Allowing posters like THIS GUY to hang around with other trolls and even a few so called 'fans' routinely liking or agreeing and even encouraging them makes you mad at first, then frustrated then just disappointed.

Just imagine how good he would be at Georgia Tech, running that option attack. But I am glad he is on our team. I hope he starts the rest of the year. Lets build for the future. We are done this year, IMO.

I agree with you about Nunez, I think he can be a spark plug. I do not agree with you about being done for the year, I think there will be some opportunity for wins that we do not realize yet but time will only tell.

USCALUMNI

Great so Nunez will be a good player, I agree, but we can't play freaking defense and nothing is fixed. Hoke was good at Florida, but this is a different time and we're not Florida. Pitiful when a no name QB can complete 24/25 passes in one game. Completely ridiculous.

Funny how the game of football works . A Qb can make the whole team play better . If your offense is going 3 and out , 3 and out , the defense is on the field forever . It's sort of like " why are we killing ourselves when they ain't doing nothing " . If Nunez can come in and move the team down the field and keep moving the chains by mostly running the ball , it will definitely help our defense . That may be a big if but I was in Athens Sat and liked the offense we were running when Nunez was in there . It was like a triple option . He could hand it off , keep it or pitch it . He also has a forth option to throw it . I hope we give him every opportunity to be our QB even if we have to take a few lumps on the way . I just don't see any way we're going to beat anybody without him .

I still think we can win this year but we need to let Nunez play as much as possible, if not start. Our offense moved the ball well with him, and Orth too, but Nunez makes the defensive coordinators have to plan for more with the option threat. I questioned a lot of the play calling but when I watched other games this weekend like Alabama, Clemson, Florida State I also questioned plays being called in those games. It happens to all coaches. I sometimes think they outsmart themselves by changing something that is working just for the sake of trying to keep the defense honest. In the case of Alabama, they screwed up from the start by starting a quarterback that hadn't been on the field yet in the biggest game of the year so far. You were winning with the other guy so why change until he loses?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT