ADVERTISEMENT

O-line whiffs and taunting penalties

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
These are a couple of things I find hardest to accept. I would think you have to lay these at the coaches feet. I’m still fully behind Coach Shane Beamer. But these two blatant problems must get cleaned up! And Satterfield has to infuse some excitement into to his “watch paint drying” offense.

These are a couple of things I find hardest to accept. I would think you have to lay these at the coaches feet. I’m still fully behind Coach Shane Beamer. But these two blatant problems must get cleaned up! And Satterfield has to infuse some excitement into to his “watch paint drying” offense.

Happens all the time with other teams, you just focusing on Carolina...

Reactions: Dizzy01
Actually, the only taunting calls i've seen this year are in our games, and i've watched quite a few. i know it's happened with other teams, but it's hardly commonplace. thankfully we didn't have any against UK. that would have been humlliating.

Reactions: Tmac069
Actually, the only taunting calls i've seen this year are in our games, and i've watched quite a few. i know it's happened with other teams, but it's hardly commonplace. thankfully we didn't have any against UK. that would have been humlliating.
I know it is somewhat trampling a mans grave, so to speak, but the taunting was at its worst under Muschamp and I think it is one of those things that will take time to break the habit. We would all get so annoyed by our players talking trash after tackling a guy when he just ran 25 yds up the middle.It was a culture thing that I DO think Beamer wants to change but takes time.

At least we can't say that we might not have won this past Saturday had this taken place.😕

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GarnetBeamer
To me, it is not just "whiffs" ... a whiff signifies they were aware of the defender rushing and missed .... several times our OL do not seem to even be aware of the defender ... they are looking inside (with no one to block, generally) and the defender rushes, in a straight line, unabated to the QB ... that indeed is coaching and being prepared ... listen, we all knew this year (and the next 1-2) would and will be tough .. the lack of talent is glaring, but to seemingly not be prepared ... the continued calling running plays in the A gaps (does Satterfield not understand you can run off tackler or outside the tackles?), the lack of moving the pocket ... no bootlegs whatsoever ... no misdirection's whatsoever ... throwing incredibly safe passes (quick hitter to the flanker) or generally low percentage passes (bombs) ... you are dictating towards the defenses favor when you do NOT attack the ENTIRE field (middle) ... it makes it easy and this is where Muse has been most effective ... ugh it is frustrating. On a different note, what happened to Keveon Mullins? I like his size and thought he had potential ... is he still on the roster? We just want maximum effort ... both mental and physical ... we have not seen that from the coaching staff, especially on the offensive side of the ball ... that is what pains me ...

Life is good - Peace!

Watch how the Bama player behaves after making this stellar play. He simply looks to the sideline for the next play. No taunting, showboating, jawing, etc. Professional and disciplined.

I think it's much more cold-blooded to just move on like nothing happened after you make a great play.

It's kind of like what Lou used to say about not wanting players to celebrate after getting into the end zone..."act like you've been there before."

I think it's much more cold-blooded to just move on like nothing happened after you make a great play.

It's kind of like what Lou used to say about not wanting players to celebrate after getting into the end zone..."act like you've been there before."
I've seen that video many times. But I just noticed both players are 'the thirds". As in, they have III after their names.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer

Respectfully, I disagree. That conduct in the aftermath of that type of situation is exactly what it ought to be all the time. One also has to consider what officials are majoring on these days. It's bad to help your team only to give back a significant portion of the help with a selfish demonstration.

Respectfully, I disagree. That conduct in the aftermath of that type of situation is exactly what it ought to be all the time. One also has to consider what officials are majoring on these days. It's bad to help your team only to give back a significant portion of the help with a selfish demonstration.

Wait, what are you disagreeing with?

There's nothing more infuriating than watching our players make some huge choreographed celebration after either a routine play or a nice play down big on the scoreboard. I don't care if it's flagged or not, the excessive celebrating after every play gets really old.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
To me, it is not just "whiffs" ... a whiff signifies they were aware of the defender rushing and missed .... several times our OL do not seem to even be aware of the defender ... they are looking inside (with no one to block, generally) and the defender rushes, in a straight line, unabated to the QB ... that indeed is coaching and being prepared ... listen, we all knew this year (and the next 1-2) would and will be tough .. the lack of talent is glaring, but to seemingly not be prepared ... the continued calling running plays in the A gaps (does Satterfield not understand you can run off tackler or outside the tackles?), the lack of moving the pocket ... no bootlegs whatsoever ... no misdirection's whatsoever ... throwing incredibly safe passes (quick hitter to the flanker) or generally low percentage passes (bombs) ... you are dictating towards the defenses favor when you do NOT attack the ENTIRE field (middle) ... it makes it easy and this is where Muse has been most effective ... ugh it is frustrating. On a different note, what happened to Keveon Mullins? I like his size and thought he had potential ... is he still on the roster? We just want maximum effort ... both mental and physical ... we have not seen that from the coaching staff, especially on the offensive side of the ball ... that is what pains me ...

Life is good - Peace!

Agree with most of your comments except the coaching and whiffs correlation. Any O lineman, for any era (and I'm one) knows you better hit someone. I've watched our tackles numerous times look at the inside guy being blocked by the guard and center, and stare like they are watching a movie. Meanwhile, the safety or LB rushes right by our tackle's shoulder only to get a half ass attempt at an arm push at the blitzer. You look inside if that's your call, but if no one is there you immediately look to the other way. There's ALWAYS someone coming from both sides of the defense. There will be someone to block if you have the "want to."

Reactions: gamecock disciple
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT