ADVERTISEMENT

OBSERVATIONS- Rodricus Fitten

woodrow#

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2002
I generally do not start new threads; however, I felt compelled to share my observations with respect to Rodricus Fitten.

First, the “Buck” may be the most crucial component of our defense. It is imperative to have an explosive athlete possessing power and quickness.

Second, the “Buck” isolates the left tackle to create mismatches for the defense. When I look at a player’s video, I not only look for the aforementioned attributes, but most importantly- flexibility in the hips. This can best be described as the ability to drop or flip one’s hips and recover back into football position. This is a common movement wrestlers utilize in single and double leg takedowns. Two players who demonstrate this ability well are J Clowney and V Miller. Visualize this as the ability to scrape across the face of, or the outside shoulder of a tackle while engaging a rip move with the inside shoulder.

Third, all of our current D-Line commits posses this ability to varying degrees. But, after watching Fitten’s video again, he is the most advanced- especially when he scrapes inside across the tackle’s face.

I know we are all rightly excited about the recent D-Line commits, but Fitten could be a star at “Buck”.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News