ADVERTISEMENT

Offense equals poop

Dec 12, 2022
South Carolina
On who else scored or had a turnover

"Not many. Like I said, we had some drives that we didn't finish. Whether we got in scoring territory and we missed a field goal or we got into scoring territory and had some negative yardage plays on offense that took us out of field goal range.

Scrimmages dont mean a lot to me. But I sure would like to hear that our offense was operating smoothly.

Not looking good for all the money we spent on Sanders. Claiming he's 100% healthy but he can't participate in the first scrimmage isn't a good sign.

Reactions: gamecock stock
Not looking good for all the money we spent on Sanders. Claiming he's 100% healthy but he can't participate in the first scrimmage isn't a good sign.
I believe they know how good he is, why take a chance, let’s see what the backups can do = smart!

Last edited:
I believe they know how good he is, why take a chance, let’s see what the backups can do = smart!
This might be valid for an experienced player at the school, but not for a transfer player who missed spring practice and doesn't have real reps with the team.

Why do you think that? On the road for an inexperienced quarterback against a sec opponent. Color me concerned somewhat.
Hearing Ashford working with first team. If we have "quarterback by committee", that won't be good. If you have 2 first team QBs, you actually have none.

Hearing Ashford working with first team. If we have "quarterback by committee", that won't be good. If you have 2 first team QBs, you actually have none.

Did you hear if there was a good reason Ashford was working with 1's?

Found this article, and it speaks to it a little.

No injuries, no illness, just spreading it around a little. I would prefer if it's sellers, that we pick him and stick with him. He is young and inexperienced, I'd like to see hum get as much work as possible.

The real problem is that Ashford showed he wasn't an SEC caliber QB at Auburn. If we are relying on him to play, we are in serious trouble.

Did you hear if there was a good reason Ashford was working with 1's?

Found this article, and it speaks to it a little.

No injuries, no illness, just spreading it around a little. I would prefer if it's sellers, that we pick him and stick with him. He is young and inexperienced, I'd like to see hum get as much work as possible.
Have not heard. It's concerning. Agree regarding Sellers. Go with him in the first game against the patsy. Teams and players improve the most from Game 1 to Game 2.

Reactions: Lurker123
I understand the concern after last season. But some people are at Max Defcon.

Ashford has been loyal. And playing hard. What head coach would not give him a chance on a few plays?

And it keeps LaNorris under pressure. Can he hande the pressure on game day?

Rocket has proven himself when healthy. So limit the contact and keep him healthy?

I understand the concern after last season. But some people are at Max Defcon.

Ashford has been loyal. And playing hard. What head coach would not give him a chance on a few plays?

And it keeps LaNorris under pressure. Can he hande the pressure on game day?

Rocket has proven himself when healthy. So limit the contact and keep him healthy?

Maybe. As much as the summer is for unbridled optimism, this time of year is for dissecting every comment to try and prognosticate on what we'll see in a few weeks.

Kickoff can't get here fast enough.

So just to be specific two starting rb’s out for the year already. That might work out for texas and tamu, but not something we need!

So just to be specific two starting rb’s out for the year already. That might work out for texas and tamu, but not something we need!

Can't be afraid of injuries. Are we going to sit Sanders for every scrimmage up until the first game?

Can't be afraid of injuries. Are we going to sit Sanders for every scrimmage up until the first game?
Not afraid, just cautious, like I said we know what he can do, if the coaches think they need to hold him back a scrimmage why can't you accept it without slamming every single thing! I can just imagine the comments if he had gone down in the first scrimmage of the year.

Reactions: JOEFANATIC
Not afraid, just cautious, like I said we know what he can do, if the coaches think they need to hold him back a scrimmage why can't you accept it without slamming every single thing! I can just imagine the comments if he had gone down in the first scrimmage of the year.

Have our coaches earned that trust? Or is our HC known to be dishonest about our injury reports?

Another Texas RB Clark (achilles, year) and also a UK RB Trayanum (broken hand, 3-4 games) go down.

Is that even possible for a team with zero offense?
My feelings exactly. When was the offense ever consistent to begin with?

And I thought Sellers had won the starting qb job? Dang that's a bit concerning if he hasn't by now or maybe I'm just misreading that.

Shawn Elliott was a good addition to this offensive staff. Very happy with that hire. I expect he will be more like co-offensive coordinator than just run game coordinator and TE coach.

Shawn Elliott was a good addition to this offensive staff. Very happy with that hire. I expect he will be more like co-offensive coordinator than just run game coordinator and TE coach.
I'm very impressed with all the new staff additions, only time will tell, I see our run game being much better, also our receivers and recruiting.

If Sellers is not the starting QB in Game 1, that will be stunning news.
Robbie put the rumors to rest in his interview. I think he'll play and have some designed packages, but he knows he's #2. I was very impressed with him though, he's sharp and an asset!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT