ADVERTISEMENT

Watkins arrested

Disparaging posts and comments regarding the most successful program in USC sports history calls into question your school spirit and a lot more. Living in Columbia for most of my life I know several hundred USC grads but none who aren't proud of Dawn and her championship program. Claiming a masters degree from the top grad program in our country and being a maga cultist seems an inconceivable contradiction.

Some people- and I'm not singling out any one person - are going to attack the most successful coach in the history of our university.

They can't stand her so much that they attack her even when what she's doing is strictly athletics/basketball related and the same thing that any other athletic coach would do in the same situation.

They will also do that with her players, when under the same circumstances for another sport, they'd defend the coach and team beyond all reason way past the point where it makes any sense.

Some of these same people would attack another coach at our school for not standing up for a key player if the coach suspended them for getting in trouble.

In other words, nothing she does will please them as long as they don't like her opinion.

Some people- and I'm not singling out any one person - are going to attack the most successful coach in the history of our university.

They can't stand her so much that they attack her even when what she's doing is strictly athletics/basketball related and the same thing that any other athletic coach would do in the same situation.

They will also do that with her players, when under the same circumstances for another sport, they'd defend the coach and team beyond all reason way past the point where it makes any sense.

No one is attacking Dawn, Gomer.

Reactions: cockofdawn
If you didn't attend Carolina as an undergrad perhaps I can understand the lack of school spirit. I graduated from Wofford but lived on campus at Carolina for my master's. Roomed next to Frank's boys while the Roost was under construction and became sold on all things associated with USC athletics. Troubling is how you became and remain a Trumper. For many, higher education breeds liberalism but that's certainly not the case with you.

Well, I remember my masters degree program at University of Southern California where my tenured faculty did nothing but preach their liberal lunacy. The best faculty in my program were the adjunct faculty who were actually working in the industry related to my degree program. For example, one of my adjunct faculty had two PhD’s from Stanford; one in Electrical Engineering and the other in Economics. He was the Project Director for one of the Mars Rover programs. Another adjunct was a former NASA astronaut who was a retired Air Force Colonel and on the Board of Directors of a fortune 50 company. I loved learning from them. The tenured faculty taught nothing but unusable slop.

Last edited:
We’ll, I remember my masters degree program at University of Southern California where my tenured faculty did nothing but preach their liberal lunacy. The best faculty in my program were the adjunct faculty who were actually working in the industry related to my degree program. For example, one of my adjunct faculty had two PhD’s from Stanford; one in Electrical Engineering and the other in Economics. He was the Project Director for one of the Mars Rover programs. Another adjunct was a former NASA astronaut who was a retired Air Force Colonel and on the Board of Directors of a fortune 50 company. I loved learning from them. The tenured faculty taught nothing but unusable slop.

I enjoyed my undergraduate professors a lot. It was great to near other opinions/views, etc.. Some I didn't agree with, some I did. Others I didn't know about until I learned about them which I enjoyed hearing about.

One was actually pretty right wing- although he had a mix of views if you really got to know him. But his lectures had plenty of right wing slop mixed in. It was during the early days of Rush Limbaugh and although he didn't talk about Rush, he sounded like him at times. (I actually doubt he even knew about Limbaugh or would have cared for him because his style was very different). I don't think anyone in the class took him seriously because we made fun of him like student are apt to do with an odd professor, but he was a hoot in his lectures although I don't think he knew it

My favorite undergrad professors - there were 2. One would take various sides of issues depending on the day and would argue from that point of view. So you never knew where he actually stood. He could argue both sides of any political or international issue (mostly international issues). The other was terrific. His dad had actually worked in the Shah of Iran's government in some function. He was an amazing teacher and led some great discussions. He didn't talk about his dad or Iran. We actually talked more about relations between the United States and Russia during the Cold War than the Middle East.

My master's program was different. It was much more technical, and opinions didn't play too much of a role.

Last edited:

Some of these same people would attack another coach at our school for not standing up for a key player if the coach suspended them for getting in trouble.

In other words, nothing she does will please them as long as they don't like her opinion.

There have been many posts on this forum attacking DS and KH. It appears these folks can't accept a strong women of color.

Implicit bias is alive and well.

• Haha
There have been many posts on this forum attacking DS and KH. It appears these folks can't accept a strong women of color.

So you believe a football player would have received similar treatment?

Maybe we're OK with strong women of color.

We just have issues with weak-minded men

• Haha
So you believe a football player would have received similar treatment?

Maybe we're OK with strong women of color.

We just have issues with weak-minded men

I do unless its a Clemson player.

I've always respected strong women of color. One in fact helped raise me.

I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately my career in HS provided me the opportunity to help such individuals.

They'd cheer her loud if she was on the sidelines with a MAGA shirt on. They'd be calling everyone snowflakes if they didn't like her doing that.

These same people use to cheer Mike Leach for anything he said, including political stuff because "he told it like he saw it and didn't care who it offended"

But the shoe is on the other foot so they hate her guts and are constantly offended by her. They hate that she's tough as hell and doesn't give a damn if they like it or not. Then they whine about it like some on this thread like the chicken sh!T they happen to be.

They are just hypocrites. But we already knew that.

Many of the same people wanted to give Stephen Garcia 100 chances, even though Spurrier said he couldn't stay out of trouble.

Harris is a strong woman of color? Since when?? 😂😂😂😂😂

What is it they say in California …Kamala loved Willie Brown’s brown Willie. 😂😂😂😂😂

They'd cheer her loud if she was on the sidelines with a MAGA shirt on. They'd be calling everyone snowflakes if they didn't like her doing that.

These same people use to cheer Mike Leach for anything he said, including political stuff because "he told it like he saw it and didn't care who it offended"

But the shoe is on the other foot so they hate her guts and are constantly offended by her. They hate that she's tough as hell and doesn't give a damn if they like it or not. Then they whine about it like some on this thread like the chicken sh!T they happen to be.

They are just hypocrites. But we already knew that.

Many of the same people wanted to give Stephen Garcia 100 chances, even though Spurrier said he couldn't stay out of trouble.

The Dawn-Whisperer once again reprising his unrequested role.

I don't recall Garcia assaulting anyone.

But you get 'em Gomer!

What is it they say in California …Kamala loved Willie Brown’s brown Willie. 😂😂😂😂😂

It's strange that a woman dating a man becomes an avenue to attack her from a sexual standpoint.

While defending a serial adulterer.

It's an interesting approach.

Reactions: Forever Fowl
It is not a case of "STRONG WOMAN OF COLOR" she needs to stick to coaching basketball and stay out of Politics.. You are a Racist i take it!!

So, everyone needs to never get into politics? Why does this just apply to coaches or players you don't like?

"I get offended Every day, i dont make a federal case out of it!! " - cockofdawn, Dec 14, 2020

except you do

Last edited:
Bumping my posts- as a reminder

She's suspended from the team now and any activities with the team. Phil Kornblut reported that last night.

Hopefully things get worked out.

I don't know the specifics here but as usual, the coaches will handle it as they see fit.

I don't think any of us playing lawyer is helpful here because we really don't know. We will see how it plays out.

I fully expect Dawn will lower the boom on her and already has done so. But she's not going to do that in the media nor should she. Unless virtual signaling is what you are looking for so that anonymous message board posters feel better about it.

Dawn runs a fantastic program, the envy of the college basketball world- and probably pro world too. She doesn't do that by letting her players do whatever they want.

She has 3 national championship titles. She knows what she's doing.

Bumping my posts- as a reminder

Amazing timing with that bump, Gomer. :)

I do hope it works out for her as well.

My comments were directed at Fowl claiming the charges had been dropped.

That seemed outlandish given the initial charges were and the fact no follow-up explanation offered publicly in her defense.

Judge Kathleen Ryan is accused of making racist comments and using shocking derogatory language.

A high-ranking probate court official has come forward to the 7 Investigators. He says he’s been recording Judge Ryan’s statements for years.

After more than 13 years on the bench, Oakland County Chief Probate Pro Tem Judge Kathleen Ryan is out of her courtroom.

Chief Probate Judge Linda Hallmark removed Judge Ryan from her docket on August 27th, announcing that “a complaint regarding internal allegations of unprofessional conduct” was sent to the Judicial Tenure Commission.

In audio recordings provided to the 7 Investigators, Hutton says Ryan uses racist and vulgar language: “From England, if you’re a Black from any other country – you’re doing way better. If you’re an American Black person then you’re a f****** lazy piece of s***.”

Judge Kathleen Ryan is accused of making racist comments and using shocking derogatory language.

A high-ranking probate court official has come forward to the 7 Investigators. He says he’s been recording Judge Ryan’s statements for years.

After more than 13 years on the bench, Oakland County Chief Probate Pro Tem Judge Kathleen Ryan is out of her courtroom.

Chief Probate Judge Linda Hallmark removed Judge Ryan from her docket on August 27th, announcing that “a complaint regarding internal allegations of unprofessional conduct” was sent to the Judicial Tenure Commission.

In audio recordings provided to the 7 Investigators, Hutton says Ryan uses racist and vulgar language: “From England, if you’re a Black from any other country – you’re doing way better. If you’re an American Black person then you’re a f****** lazy piece of s***.”

What does this have to do with anything? This is what happens when you take in too much Don Lemon.

Harris is a strong woman of color? Since when?? 😂😂😂😂😂

Will you be laughing tomorrow while she prosecutes your cult leader?

Found this from several days ago:

"The police report stated Watkins called the victim her girlfriend, and when Watkins alleged the victim was cheating on her, an altercation broke out. The forward also admitted to grabbing the victim.

Eventually, the couple ended up in a parking garage where Watkins said the victim climbed onto the ledge. In efforts to protect the victim, Watkins said she wrapped her arms around her. The report said the victim initially told officers Watkins hit her, but later retracted the statement".

Unless you are the star player on the national championship team do you think this is news worthy?

It is not a case of "STRONG WOMAN OF COLOR" she needs to stick to coaching basketball and stay out of Politics.. You are a Racist i take it!!

Most of us with any sense of compassion for others champion her right to speak out on social injustice. Do you read the Bible?

Found this from several days ago:

"The police report stated Watkins called the victim her girlfriend, and when Watkins alleged the victim was cheating on her, an altercation broke out. The forward also admitted to grabbing the victim.

Eventually, the couple ended up in a parking garage where Watkins said the victim climbed onto the ledge. In efforts to protect the victim, Watkins said she wrapped her arms around her. The report said the victim initially told officers Watkins hit her, but later retracted the statement".

Unless you are the star player on the national championship team do you think this is news worthy?

Fowl, you always seem to get tripped up with your sources.

Remember around a week back when you were trying to explain to us how inflation wasn't a function of government spending? :)

Maybe I should have been the one questioning your background?

--------------------------

The arrest warrant stated that Watkins “grabbed the victim’s head and forced her to walk down the hall, thus controlling her movement while preventing her from leaving,” and accused her of “forcefully grabbing (the victim’s) face, pulling her by her arms, and pushing her.”

According to the incident report, police responded to a fire alarm at 650 Lincoln and saw the victim leaning over the ledge of the third floor of the parking garage and Watkins restraining her. Watkins told police the victim was trying to jump.

Police separated Watkins and the victim. The victim, who is a minor and has not been identified, told police she had “gotten into an argument with Watkins and was attempting to get away from her” and “stated several times to (police) that Watkins hit her.”

https://www.on3.com/teams/south-car...-basketball-ashlyn-watkins-remains-suspended/

People on here are talking about this incident more than the victim, the prosecutors, the defense, police, everyone that witnessed it and Clemson fans would have ever dreamed to do.

LOL

People on here are talking about this incident more than the victim, the prosecutors, the defense, police, everyone that witnessed it and Clemson fans would have ever dreamed to do.

LOL

That's because it's a legal case, Gomer. You're not going to hear anything unless they dismiss/reduce charges or it moves through the process. "Liberal OGs" have little to no idea how the world actually works.

Fowl, you always seem to get tripped up with your sources.

Remember around a week back when you were trying to explain to us how inflation wasn't a function of government spending? :)

Maybe I should have been the one questioning your background?

--------------------------

The arrest warrant stated that Watkins “grabbed the victim’s head and forced her to walk down the hall, thus controlling her movement while preventing her from leaving,” and accused her of “forcefully grabbing (the victim’s) face, pulling her by her arms, and pushing her.”

According to the incident report, police responded to a fire alarm at 650 Lincoln and saw the victim leaning over the ledge of the third floor of the parking garage and Watkins restraining her. Watkins told police the victim was trying to jump.

Police separated Watkins and the victim. The victim, who is a minor and has not been identified, told police she had “gotten into an argument with Watkins and was attempting to get away from her” and “stated several times to (police) that Watkins hit her.”

https://www.on3.com/teams/south-car...-basketball-ashlyn-watkins-remains-suspended/

You are quoting from an earlier source. The victim and Watkins are best friends and a lot more. She has already recanted "stating she was not assaulted". No one should be surprised if the victim ( Watkin's GF ) attempts to drop the charges. Whether Watkins gets off the hook or not only time will tell.

Without KNOWING the REAL facts, TYPICAL!!
She speaks out on various issues that is important to her as is her right.

She also had a right to back out on the BYU game if she felt at all that it wasn't a good situation for whatever reason- and I don't blame her for doing it. She has as much a right to do that as anyone else. She doesn't have fewer rights because you don't agree with her.

Too many of you folks hold her to a different standard than you do your favorite politicians. Well, she has as much right as they do to say anything she likes and to feel or believe anything she likes.

Time to yield to the BETA Males on offseason women's basketball hoopla.

Ya'll have fun trying to figure out what happened and what Dawn thinks and feels.

While defending a serial adulterer.
And a puzzy groper....
slack-imgs_1477406753.gif

Time to yield to the BETA Males on offseason women's basketball hoopla.

Ya'll have fun trying to figure out what happened and what Dawn thinks and feels.
Well unfortunately women’s basketball is the only winning program we have at the University of South Carolina. Never forget we are a women’s basketball powerhouse and nothing more.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Let's be honest watching the debate was like watching the movie Dumb and Dumber. Sad that's what we have to choose from. Asshat #1 or Asshat #2. Wake me up when its over.
It may be a choice of two "Asshats" as you say, however Not even a doubt which of the TWO to vote for.. Four more years of this MISERY, These wars, This Woke agenda, These illegals taking over cities, this out of control inflation, etc etc etc or The Previous regime??

Reactions: hahnenkampf
It may be a choice of two "Asshats" as you say, however Not even a doubt which of the TWO to vote for.. Four more years of this MISERY, These wars, This Woke agenda, These illegals taking over cities, this out of control inflation, etc etc etc or The Previous regime??
It's amazing how two people can have totally different outlooks and viewpoints.

I guess a lot of it has to do with how you are personally doing.

I'm doing excellent.

Of course, I also hate Donald Trump.

It's amazing how two people can have totally different outlooks and viewpoints.

I guess a lot of it has to do with how you are personally doing.

I'm doing excellent.

Of course, I also hate Donald Trump.
I get you hate Trump, I'll refer to him as Asshat #1. But do you really believe Kamala, now known as Asshat #2 is something to crow about? Like are you dying to see Asshat #2 in office because you think she will do a great job or just because you hate Asshat #1 (and maybe all things Republican?) that much? I can see the latter maybe but not the former, no way, no how. There is almost nothing to like about her, although I guess Montel thought it was okay for a little while?

My advice is find a good writein like Donald Duck maybe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT