ADVERTISEMENT

Our road to a bowl game.....

PC31

Apr 30, 2005
Yes I know we are Carolina so no result good or bad is shocking but........
I'd like to think we can take care of Akron and Wofford. That's 4. I've been told on this forum that after 4 years of Beamers recruiting we are currently on par with Vandy talent level wise. I choose to believe we can go to Vanderbilt and win. That is 5. This is where it gets tricky.
Our best chance at #6 IMO is between Missouri at home or TAMU at home. Outside shot at Oklahoma on the road. Oklahoma is in the middle of our murderers row of games and at their place, but they have not looked unbeatable and they will also be in the middle of a hell of a stretch of games. I think we probably drop this one tho.
Between TAMU or Mizzou I think we can beat both but we clearly have to beat at least one of them. My guess is it's Missouri. I still don't trust them. We are in the calm before a fantastic storm of games for The Gamecocks. It's a great time to be Carolina and in the SEC. Go Cocks!

I think winning at home would be our best chance.

I think we beat Vandy although we have to bring our best because they can certainly beat us. But otherwise, I think a road win would be very unlikely.

Reactions: PC31
I'd like to think we can take care of Akron and Wofford. That's 4. I've been told on this forum that after 4 years of Beamers recruiting we are currently on par with Vandy talent level wise. I choose to believe we can go to Vanderbilt and win. That is 5. This is where it gets tricky.
Our best chance at #6 IMO is between Missouri at home or TAMU at home. Outside shot at Oklahoma on the road. Oklahoma is in the middle of our murderers row of games and at their place, but they have not looked unbeatable and they will also be in the middle of a hell of a stretch of games. I think we probably drop this one tho.
Between TAMU or Mizzou I think we can beat both but we clearly have to beat at least one of them. My guess is it's Missouri. I still don't trust them. We are in the calm before a fantastic storm of games for The Gamecocks. It's a great time to be Carolina and in the SEC. Go Cocks!

I would vote A&M before Missouri, jmo

Who said we are "recruiting on par" with Vandy? That's not correct. We clearly recruit better than Vandy.

Who said we are "recruiting on par" with Vandy? That's not correct. We clearly recruit better than Vandy.

Can you give us a break town of the teams we recruit better than and the ones we recruit worse than?

That way we know when to give credit to the coaches and when not to give credit?

Can you give us a break town of the teams we recruit better than and the ones we recruit worse than?

That way we know when to give credit to the coaches and when not to give credit?

Why would he support your trolling obsession with an exercise like this?

Why don't you start producing some content for discussion?

I could see us winning both games (A&M-Missouri). My thinking on Missouri over A&M is where they fall on the schedule. We are going to be on the tail end of that brutal stretch for TAMU. Might be battered by then.
I don't care as long as we win. Based on the first few weeks of the season it looks like we can compete for nine wins if everyone stays healthy. No chance we get nine but we can get 6 out of those 9 IMO. Not so bad.

Beating Clemson is a possibility. Too many weeks between now and that game to not include it. Unless we get decimated with injuries, and that happens far to often, I think 7-5 could happen.

Reactions: PC31 and cocks rule
I see you're team Beamer gets no credit for Kentucky because we recruit better than them.

We ARE slightly more talented than Kentucky, so given equal coaching we should have won, but could have gone either way based on injuries or refs or maybe even homefield advantage. Instead, Beamer and crew destroyed them, in Lexington.

We ARE slightly more talented than Kentucky, so given equal coaching we should have won, but could have gone either way based on injuries or refs or maybe even homefield advantage. Instead, Beamer and crew destroyed them, in Lexington.

Of course, your logic only works one day.

Beating Clemson is a possibility. Too many weeks between now and that game to not include it. Unless we get decimated with injuries, and that happens far to often, I think 7-5 could happen.
clemmy is in my nine "can compete" games. It will be interesting to see how beat up we are when we get there. We know with clems acc cream puff schedule they will be 110%. If it was this weekend I would actually consider picking us.

clemmy is in my nine "can compete" games. It will be interesting to see how beat up we are when we get there. We know with clems acc cream puff schedule they will be 110%. If it was this weekend I would actually consider picking us.

Even if Ashford starts?

I could see us winning both games (A&M-Missouri). My thinking on Missouri over A&M is where they fall on the schedule. We are going to be on the tail end of that brutal stretch for TAMU. Might be battered by then.
I don't care as long as we win. Based on the first few weeks of the season it looks like we can compete for nine wins if everyone stays healthy. No chance we get nine but we can get 6 out of those 9 IMO. Not so bad.
Don't forget, we get a bye week before A&M so we will have a chance to recover some from the "brutal" stretch as you call it.

Reactions: PC31
We're playing teams that are National Championship contenders all season long.

These are our prime bowl games week-in and out.

Who gives a crap if we make a bowl against an ACC mid-tier in December with half the players not participating?

Who gives a crap what our final record will be right now?

Enjoy the season and see if this team can continue to mature.

Me too.

It's where I went to school.

My son will get to attend the game given his volunteer duties and I'd be excited for him because he's told he thinks it would be fun and so do some of his friends that do the same thing.

My question is why are people talking about a meaningless bowl game and what our record might end up at this point in the season?

Why not enjoy playing the best teams in the country and let that play out as it may?

My question is why are people talking about a meaningless bowl game and what our record might end up at this point in the season?

Why not enjoy playing the best teams in the country and let that play out as it may?

You’re actually right about this one.

We might make a bowl game this year. Doesn’t mean we were better than last year, we just had an easier schedule.

You’re actually right about this one.

We might make a bowl game this year. Doesn’t mean we were better than last year, we just had an easier schedule.

if we make a bowl game this year, it will mean we were better than last year. Maybe not much better, but better.

We will have to beat one very solid team to go to a bowl this year, something we really didn't do last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT