ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks win total in 24

We don't have among our alumni a Phil Knight to bankroll our NIL Garnet Trust fund. Do we even have any billionaires among our alumni? I doubt it. Should we adjust our goals in college football to just making a bowl every year and not fighting Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Arkansas and Kentucky for bottom feeder in the SEC?

We don't have the billionaire booster like Knight which is why it was such a big miss by passing over Jamey Chadwell. We need someone that can coach and can maximize the dollars we do have.

But we have the money to not be a bottom feeder below Kentucky and Mississippi State.

Reactions: gamecock stock
We don't have the billionaire booster like Knight which is why it was such a big miss by passing over Jamey Chadwell. We need someone that can coach and can maximize the dollars we do have.

But we have the money to not be a bottom feeder below Kentucky and Mississippi State.
You know I don't have to be convinced. Let's hope that Beamer can coach. We will find out a lot about his ability this season, since so many cite the difficulty of the schedule. The bad news is the schedule will normally be difficult since ESPN says our schedule is the 11th most difficult of the 16 SEC teams.

You know I don't have to be convinced. Let's hope that Beamer can coach. We will find out a lot about his ability this season, since so many cite the difficulty of the schedule. The bad news is the schedule will normally be difficult since ESPN says our schedule is the 11th most difficult of the 16 SEC teams.

It doesn't matter what ESPN believes.

Please find a more difficult schedule in our history.

When have we played 7 ranked teams in a season or anything close to that?

Let's see where they finish in the ratings.

In 2012 we went 11-2 and played 3 teams in the top 10 and 6 teams in the top 25.

Where did I say we do not have a difficult schedule? If you read what I have said, I welcome a tough schedule. It gives us a chance to see what coaching chops Beamer has. We should all welcome that. Because if we don't have a "Phil Knight" to enrich our NIL monies, we better have a coach who can "coach". You disagree with THAT?

Where did I say we do not have a difficult schedule? If you read what I have said, I welcome a tough schedule. It gives us a chance to see what coaching chops Beamer has. We should all welcome that. Because if we don't have a "Phil Knight" to enrich our NIL monies, we better have a coach who can "coach". You disagree with THAT?

That's actually not what you said. You tried to diminish the fact it's probably the toughest we've ever played.

Let's see where they finish in the ratings.

In 2012 we went 11-2 and played 3 teams in the top 10 and 6 teams in the top 25.
Steve Spurrier could "coach". Let's hope Beamer has that talent. If we don't have a "Phil Knight" around, Beamer better have that talent. That won't win us any awards. But maybe we can be respectable.

That's actually not what you said. You tried to diminish the fact it's probably the toughest we've ever played.
You missed my point. I was trying to say that we will often have a tough schedule. Surely you don't disagree that we will often have a tough schedule.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Steve Spurrier could "coach". Let's hope Beamer has that talent. If we don't have a "Phil Knight" around, Beamer better have that talent. That won't win us any awards. But maybe we can be respectable.

My friend, and you ARE my Friend, whether or not you like it or not!!! BEAMER does not have ANY TALENT, whether you like it, believe it, or accept it. I once heard an IDIOT say that he enjoyed slamming his head against a brick wall because ... 'When I stopped, it felt better'..........

WELCOME TO SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL!!!

Last edited:
My friend, and you ARE my Friend, whether or not you like it or not!!! BEAMER does not have ANY TALENT, whether you like it, believe it, or accept it. I once heard an IDIOT say that he enjoyed slamming his head against a brick wall because ... 'When I stopped, it felt better'..........
WELCOME TO SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL!!!
Time will SOON tell.

Speaking of wins, Steve Spurrier says he thinks Florida will win 8-10 games this season. Florida's schedule includes Florida State, Ole Miss, LSU, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Miami. Our schedule is similar.

Last edited:
Time will SOON tell.

Speaking of wins, Steve Spurrier says he thinks Florida will win 8-10 games this season. Florida's schedule includes Florida State, Ole Miss, LSU, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Miami. Our schedule is similar.

Florida got really unlucky we didn't stay on their schedule.

Time will SOON tell.

Spurrier serves as an ambassador and consultant for the University of Florida’s athletic department.

If you recall, he was the one suggesting the NIL should be capped at $30mil.

One would have to surmise that was based on UF NIL recent activities.

Spurrier serves as an ambassador and consultant for the University of Florida’s athletic department.

If you recall, he was the one suggesting the NIL should be capped at $30mil.

One would have to surmise that was based on UF NIL recent activities.
I agree with him about the capping.. I don't see them winning 8-10.

Did you see that Clemson is looking into private equity funding Clemson athletics?

Billionaire Phil Knight (ex-NIKE CEO) is giving his alma mater an unlimited NIL budget.

Once the NCAA raises the cap on how many football scholarships a school can give out, that will just accelerate long-term damage to the sport. The only way to stop the power grab is for people to stop watching the sport on TV. But I am skeptical that people have the discipline to do that.

Billionaire Phil Knight (ex-NIKE CEO) is giving his alma mater an unlimited NIL budget.

Once the NCAA raises the cap on how many football scholarships a school can give out, that will just accelerate long-term damage to the sport. The only way to stop the power grab is for people to stop watching the sport on TV. But I am skeptical that people have the discipline to do that.

It's sad. There's still a sport being played on the field. The issue is that it's rigged as hell before you make it to the field which makes the result virtually meaningless in terms of fair competition.

It's sad. There's still a sport being played on the field. The issue is that it's rigged as hell before you make it to the field which makes the result virtually meaningless in terms of fair competition.
Totally agree. I have no idea how old you are. But I really feel sad for younger kids who may now be getting into the sport, especially young Gamecock kids. To me, it's unfair to them. For me, I won't be around much longer. But these kids who grow up to be Gamecock fans., I feel bad that they will have to put up with this.

Which makes it even more impressive our NIL was able to outbid them for Harbor.

Time will SOON tell.

Your comment made me think of other preseason expectations: I’m sure FSU was thinking they would contend for a national Championship.

Gamecocks starting 2 defensive ends are transfers from the ACC?
Well, one is actually and SEC player, transferred to ACC then back again. So I'd say he was an SEC guy.

I know this seems to bug you a lot being a Clemson fan, but it seems to be more of a Clemson obsession than a Gamecock one.

Well, one is actually and SEC player, transferred to ACC then back again. So I'd say he was an SEC guy.

I know this seems to bug you a lot being a Clemson fan, but it seems to be more of a Clemson obsession than a Gamecock one.
I'm glad to see I am not the only one to recognize that Bassslayer is a tater.

Reactions: uscwatson21
I'm glad to see I am not the only one to recognize that Bassslayer is a tater.

I went back and looked at some of his posts. That's clear. I don't know why people lie about such stuff. You can't hide it. It bleeds through when they take every chance to make snide remarks and then at the same time defend the biggest rival.

I can certainly understand a Gamecock fan not wanting to attack Clemson on a gamecock board because it gets old- but offering a defense of them every possible time is always a dead giveaway

Last edited:
This is my hot take of the offseason. With Sellers injury prone history, Ashford will see more time at QB than any of us need to see.

And i'm sure @Ward Jr will spend all next offseason arguing what could have been if Sellers wasn't injured.

Looking like I was right about this one.

Ashford looked better against LSU than I expected though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT