ADVERTISEMENT

Official "Sunshine Pumpers" vs. "Negative Nellies" thread

Still on the way up in my opinion...today was tough to watch but you are a fool of you dont see the talent gap.
Now that might upset you because of your "no excuses" mentality but sorry, there is a talent gap an unfortunately our two biggest rivals are among the best programs in the nation now.
I think we still have a solid season in front of us and are still on the overall right track
You are.... coach needs a few more recruiting cycles to get the depth. There were a number of kids playing for you guys we really wanted, just need the depth and exp

I feel people are too emotionally attached to the fact Clemson and Georgia are so stacked right now.
It's completely unrelated to us and if anything it will only force us to do more and get better....much like Clemson was getting better while we were beating them 5 in a row

Let me know when we’ve decided to achieve doing more and getting better. Haven’t seen much proof

If my dad gives me $5 every month and my friends Dad gives him $10. At the end of the years I’ll have $60. Which I can buy a lot with and it awesome and I have more than some of my other friends, but that one friend has $120. Clemson and UGA is that other friend.

So the Gamecock club doesn’t raise enough money?

We’re screwed to losing to them every year for eternity because of money?

Did Kentucky raise more money than Florida?

Things tend to go in cycles. Good teams aren’t always the best and vice versa. Look at Alabama after Stallings until Saban came. Look at Florida and Tennesse now. It may be a few years, but UGA and CU will both eventually dip.

Also, we can definitely win. Look at 2010-2013. It can happen again. We may never be a perrennial NC contender, but we will be in the conversation occassionally. We will eventually win an SEC title, too.

Also, if recruiting stars decide everything, how did KY beat UF last night? Why does FSU stink? How do you explain Stanford’s success? (I think a level of sustained success equivalent to Stanford is certainly attainable for us.)

I was at the game this year and last. Despite the larger margin of defeat I feel this team played them better than last year except for a 10 minute melt down in Q3. Last year we were really scraping to keep that score so close...they were so much more better than us last year. I see an 8-9 win regular season and a fun bowl game. I think we can finish in the Top 25.

I close by paraphrasing Coach Holtz. Nothing is ever as good as it seems and nothing is ever as bad as it seems.

First, regarding facilities: we've never really been there. Players don't care if the stadium seats 75,000 or 90,000...just provide an exciting atmosphere. The things that have actually mattered to recruits, like academic centers, operations centers, training facilities...we've always been behind. Yeah, we eventually upgrade and try to catch up, but by then the real football powers have moved on to something bigger.

Second, with regards to paying players: if we've ever done it, we've never done it well. Figure out how the big boys do it, and join the club.

Finally, as for the population of SC: Yes, we are a small state, smaller than Metro-Atlanta. Clemson is in the same state we are. Hell, they are in a fairly rural part of our small state...but they've consistently out recruited us, and it isn't really close, throughout my life time.

Fair enough. I get your points and Alabama has a population not that different from SC. Trying to pick apart and fix a complicated thing is never as easy as it seems. UGA sure made it look easy this year and AL about a decade ago, though. So it is doable here at SC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT