ADVERTISEMENT

Officially off the Mushamp bandwagon

No but there are a couple of indicators of problems. One being having people refuse to play after halftime. Another is the staff’s unwillingness to shuffle personnel to see if you can spark something.

But I will say this, the kids he has brought in are our better players, so there is a glimmer of hope.

For those of you wanting him gone, tell me who you’d hire. Nobody was knocking down the door to come here when we hired Muschamp (I don’t think he was anyone’s first choice). Besides that, when the former coach goes public and says it was a mess when he left, it doesn’t look good on the university to not give the new guy a fair amount of time to fix the issues.

There were obviously some inherited cancers on this team.
I'm sure there is some young coaches out their looking for a chance or we can keep what we have and continue to put product on the field like saturday.. because you know Lincoln Riley was too young to be our head coach
Not bashing Riley at all, but it is not like he walked into a place that he was having to rebuild. He went to a place with quality athletes and national recognition. Who knows what he could have done here? If he failed, we would be in worse shape than we are now.

Iowa State coach Campbell would be a great prospect. If you can win there you would have shot in the South. Commentators were saying he wins because he is only one playing Defense in the Big 12. Sounds like a good fit for SEC.
Can’t disagree with this.

Not bashing Riley at all, but it is not like he walked into a place that he was having to rebuild. He went to a place with quality athletes and national recognition. Who knows what he could have done here? If he failed, we would be in worse shape than we are now.
Riley got it done at East Carolina as an OC, he has a great track record.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I just listened to his post-game press conference. He is very arrogant even after getting his ass whipped by a middleman in the ACC.

He gets a pass for 6 wins at best next season due to brutal schedule. What pisses most fans off is the lack of defense, which is purportedly his strong suit. Also he (and his staff) are really good recruiters, yet SCar won't crack the top 10 in its own conference. Is it time to cut bait yet again? This is Muschamp's last chance as a P5 head coach, and he's tanking.

I think most fans understand that many of the defensive problems are due to playing so many true freshman. We were forced to play 5 true Freshman Defensive backs, 4 true freshman defensive linemen, and 2 converted offensive players. What's hard to understand is how the offense put up 35 points against Clemson, then crapped the bed against Akron and UVA.
Agree for the most part, although has nothing to do with tackling fundamentals.

I think most fans understand that many of the defensive problems are due to playing so many true freshman. We were forced to play 5 true Freshman Defensive backs, 4 true freshman defensive linemen, and 2 converted offensive players. What's hard to understand is how the offense put up 35 points against Clemson, then crapped the bed against Akron and UVA.
I agree somewhat Tom. But even at full strength early in the season this defense was quite porous.

Riley got it done at East Carolina as an OC, he has a great track record.
As an OC...different ballgame as the head man. A bigger transition when you are walking into a place that was going in a poor direction.

Keep in mind that Ellis Johnson has a great reputation as a DC. Not a good HC. Muschamp has a great resume as a DC. Has proven to this point to be a mediocre HC.

Just another point, Fuentes was thought to be can’t miss. He struggled this year. Hiring coaches is often a crap shoot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT