ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Commit skipping senior year HS

This is Landon Samson QB. He had big stats last year. It will be interesting to see how he does this year with a different QB.

Not saying these kids are responsible but these schools lucky enough to have a stud player will surely lose gate when this happens.

Reactions: TAV31
Not a quitter. Just greedy and selfish. Par for the course these days though.

I agree. I’d bet he winds up at two or three different programs.
I would be willing to take that bet. There are plenty of kids that have graduated early. He made the correct decision. Taking the $1M+ and continue following his dream. No brainer.

Sounds like a smart financial decision. We go to college for the experiences in life but mainly to help us get in a position to make money. He's already making money and will still get those experiences. Damn genius.
Btw, Landon Powell did pretty much the exact same thing for us in regards to speeding up and finishing high school early to come play baseball for us. He just didn't make a million dollars for doing it.

Reactions: viennacocks
To each his own and I know it’s about $, but of all the years of school (college not included) I would want to skip, my Senior year would be the last. So many fun times and great memories.

He gives me that Tate Martell vibe...

Except Tate Martell played in a garbage high school leauge and lacked physical size. Texas is on a different planet when i comes to high school football and Quinn Ewers has the prototypical size to go with it.

This is Landon Samson QB. He had big stats last year. It will be interesting to see how he does this year with a different QB.

His Sophomore year he threw for 4,003 yards, 45 touchdowns and 3 interceptions

His Junior year he missed 6 games but still amassed 2,442 yards, 28 TD's and 5 Interceptions

His Sophomore year was definitely what I call video game numbers :)

I was thinking he must be like one of those prodigies who graduates highschool at age 16 then goes to MIT. The article did say he was 18, though. A bit old for a junior in HS.

18 as a Jr in highscool???

Is this what parents call red-shirting? We know people who hold kids back in kindergarten so their kids are always the older kids in class.

I was told some parents do this because scholarships and pro contracts go to some ridiculous percent of kids who are in the top percent of age in their class. (They were more advanced, so they played more, so they got more practice, more of the coaches attention, etc)

My one son would be young in a normal class, but is now almost two years younger than some of his classmates because of something like this.

So quickly we forget Jake Bentley around here, who was actually older than this kid entering/forgoing his senior year of high school.
He was a gamecock, so it's ok. It's easy for these jokers on this board to throw stones when it's not their own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT