ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, flashback for old Cockheads, predates pagers...

Best promotion by far was the winless Holtz season. Hardee's had the back of the ticket stub with a freebie deal (can't remember if it was fries, burger or what) with every Carolina win. That one did not cost them much.

Remember the taters throwing zero candy bars on our field when they beat us and we went ZERO-11

No, but wouldn’t surprise me......remember when we seeded the visitors end zone on a Tuesday ( student section today), every bird that lived in cola must have feasted over those seats.......Ive never seen so much bird s- - t in one place in my life. There wasn’t enough paper towels n the stadium.......necks were cussing like a farmer who found his daughter with the county agent😂

Yep. I knew Charles from when were kids. He lived around the corner from another friend in Columbia.

Later, I was friends with a group from Hammond and several of us were at the College of Charleston together. That's when we were roommates. I had not seen him in years until one of the group from Hammond passed away in 2019.

I meant to get his phone number at the funeral, but he and his wife left by the time I thought about it.

Yep. I knew Charles from when were kids. He lived around the corner from another friend in Columbia.

Later, I was friends with a group from Hammond and several of us were at the College of Charleston together. That's when we were roommates. I had not seen him in years until one of the group from Hammond passed away in 2019.

I meant to get his phone number at the funeral, but he and his wife left by the time I thought about it.
Uknow Gary?

I do.

And Ken (deceased)

Donnie

John

Ed

Trippett
Wait a second, ken is dead? (Into horses, came from oil money?), if so intoduced him to his wife. Trips last name started with a B. .....haven’t talked to Gary in about a yr+ lives nw of cola now......what if u would yer first name....will give him a call. If he told me about ken have forgotten:-(

Wait a second, ken is dead? (Into horses, came from oil money?), if so intoduced him to his wife. Trips last name started with a B. .....haven’t talked to Gary in about a yr+ lives nw of cola now......what if u would yer first name....will give him a call. If he told me about ken have forgotten:-(
Yes. Ken died in January of 2019 - about a month before my mother.

Yes on Trip B.

I don't have a phone number for any of them. I had Gary's number but misplaced it.

My initials are P. L. if that helps. We may know each other.

Did you go to Hammond?

Yes. Ken died in January of 2019 - about a month before my mother.

Yes on Trip B.

I don't have a phone number for any of them. I had Gary's number but misplaced it.

My initials are P. L. if that helps. We may know each other.

Did you go to Hammond?

Pear 🍐. No I wasn’t a sweet Hammond boy:) .....Greenville Sr. High here .....on phone with Gary now....he called yer name out when I read thread.

feel r paths may have have crossed 40+ yrs ago, Gary not sure .....if u ran around with this group......yer a sinner😳
Gary sez, “what back road was that mattress lying on before the girls hit it:)

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Pear 🍐. No I wasn’t a sweet Hammond boy:) .....Greenville Sr. High here .....on phone with Gary now....he called yer name out when I read thread.

feel r paths may have have crossed 40+ yrs ago, Gary not sure .....if u ran around with this group......yer a sinner😳
Oh & he’s sez to close yer door......Gary rattin on yer ass

I got in touch with him tonight through FB. I deleted my account but used my wife's to message him. I had meant to do it last year but just let it slip my mind.

I didn't go to Hammond either, but was friends with those guys. (and girls)

That was no back road. It was I-26 - 'bout 1977 or 1978. Crazy story. Luckily no one was hurt.

I got in touch with him tonight through FB. I deleted my account but used my wife's to message him. I had meant to do it last year but just let it slip my mind.

I didn't go to Hammond either, but was friends with those guys. (and girls)

That was no back road. It was I-26 - 'bout 1977 or 1978. Crazy story. Luckily no one was hurt.
:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT