ADVERTISEMENT

OK, now convinced this 107.5 FM "Home of The Gamecocks" thing is totally dysfunctional.

Rooster Louie

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
UPDATE FROM Brian Shoemaker: Howdy all. I've been in touch with the folks at Garnet & Black Traditions. This is what they shared with me: "Our advertising guys got crossed up from Clear Channel & Cumulus ... We’re running the same commercial on the music stations for with both fight songs, however 107.5 was suppose to have only USC."

A big thank you to Shoe for reaching out to G&B Traditions, and for the update!
Also good to know this is a radio screw up and that G&B Traditions had the right intentions.

===================================

So, on The Home of The Gamecocks, (107.5 FM), supposedly the home of OUR GAMECOCKS,

we've always heard (and were forced to tolerate) the following....

- a vocal self professed c1em5on fan hosting one of your shows, especially the morning show, heard by many folks starting their day.

and now we're treated too....

- a commercial playing clips of your arch rivals Fight Song......

TATER RAG....

by an advertiser (who happens to be one of the largest distributors of logo items to your fan base).....an advertiser who claims to be one of the most avid supporters of your program, funneling c1em5on crap into "your home".

Like most things in life....Garnet and Black Traditions / Jewelry Warehouse is more about the money than they are our Gamecocks. And appearantly, 107.5 is too.

If "Garnet and Black Traditions" wanted to continue to advertise on "The Home of The Gamecocks", they would ONLY be playing the Gamecock side of their commercials. They would be told to play their Tater side commercial on The Home of The Taters. That, or they wouldn't advertise on "Our home".

Go ahead and change the name of 107.5 FM to:

"The Home of The Gamecocks, with an open arms invitation to hear your daily dose of Tater Crap"

Last edited:
I have said many times on here that the programming on that station needs some serious revamping.

Reactions: scirish77
So, on The Home of The Gamecocks, (107.5 FM), supposedly the home of OUR GAMECOCKS,

- a vocal self professed c1em5on fan hosting one of your shows, especially the morning show, heard by many folks starting their day.

TATER RAG....

by an advertiser (who happens to be one of the largest distributors of logo items to your fan base).....an advertiser who claims to be one of the most avid supporters of your program, funneling c1em5on crap into "your home".

Like most things in life....Garnet and Black Traditions / Jewelry Warehouse is more about the money than they are our Gamecocks. And appearantly, 107.5 is too.

If "Garnet and Black Traditions" wanted to continue to advertise on "The Home of The Gamecocks", they would ONLY be playing the Gamecock side of their commercials. They would be told to play their Tater side commercial on The Home of The Taters. That, or they wouldn't advertise on "Our home".

"The Home of The Gamecocks, with an open arms invitation to hear your daily dose of Tater Crap"
u keep listenin' 2 that program & u'll go blind!

I have said many times on here that the programming on that station needs some serious revamping.

I really like the idea of having a dedicated "Home of The Gamecocks".

Personally (from what I know and hear), I truly do like the guys on the shows, including Benji Norton. Tommy, Brent, Jay, etc....they all appear to be good folks. Glad we have them and a radio station.

I'll simply never understand why we hear so much c1em5on junk on our "HOME".

Last edited:

TATER RAG....

I agree with this, & on top of that, why is there a Clemson road in Columbia? Is there a gamecock road in Clemson?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT