ADVERTISEMENT

Ok so here it is in print....

Don't really care about golf but does ours have the fancy dining room and cheif, the mega weight room and state of the art training and meeting rooms like theirs? Cause that's where the money needs to be spent and the improvement will come from.

Reactions: rogue cock
Is the Quackenbush firm related to that punk on the radio up there? If so then that's a problem!

No, you have a good point. I don't want a carnival clown show, just some sort of wow factor. I feel like we just have very little imagination at the top.
We have lacked in marketing our sports & university overall for years now and it's NOT because we don't have the resources - we definitely have as good as any - but apparently we don't have the right people in place to do this VERY important job. Hopefully, Justin King will help a LOT in that area. IMO marketing is as important as anything if we expect to compete - not just with Clemson - EVERYBODY - but I'll give Clemson credit for marketing - they definitely sell better than we do!

Don't really care about golf but does ours have the fancy dining room and cheif, the mega weight room and state of the art training and meeting rooms like theirs? Cause that's where the money needs to be spent and the improvement will come from.
No we want it to be spent on shiny thrills! Give us an arcade, putt putt, nap rooms, a VR room, a slide with a ball pit, a go kart track, laser tag, a big bounce house, a lazy river, oh and someone to hand them big bags of cash when they enter!

We need a ball pit... yeah!... and a roller coaster. Or how 'bout a VR room. That's thinking waaaay ahead. Yeah! Let's get a VR room where they watch film and experience it live. THAT is what we NEED! Or a social media room where guys can take selfies with a different theme every week. A concierge to plan activities for each player's free time. Oooh, those would be great, too.

Geez! I remember the joy I felt when I found out I could play pool and ping pong for free in the Russel House.
Clemson already has their QBs using VR on a daily basis to learn defenses and where to go with the ball without actually being on the field. Has anybody heard whether or not we use this technology?

Clemson already has their QBs using VR on a daily basis to learn defenses and where to go with the ball without actually being on the field. Has anybody heard whether or not we use this technology?
Great point. This is a fantastic example of klempsun's ability to market themselves as cutting edge. Not only are they using VR technology for the QBs, they are telling the entire world about it!!! There are lessons here for the Gamecock football program.

No way....our athletic department going half a$$? I still remember the kid that committed to auburn over Clemson bc they had a chic Fil a on campus. Hell, we had a kid that loved our ice cream and stated as much. Without fail, in coming years we will lose recruiting battles bc we didn't have a slide or a miniature golf course. I know that may sound ridiculous but things like that are going to matter to a 17 year old. We always seem to be behind the curve. I would like to win the sec and a national championship in my lifetime. It seems we are not quite as serious as is required. Sigh.

That reality hit me about three years ago. Trust me, you will sleep better at nights now. The proof is in some of the responses about the mentality of this program. It's the little things that count no matter how silly you think it is. Just bring up the subject of what fans should wear to a ball game............tradition will never find a place here!

They did it with two different coaches so which one are you referring to? The one who just got fired from Oregon or the one who preceded him and got fired by the 49ers?
Chip Kelly's recruiting is why Mark Helfrich went to a National Championship. If the facilities done the recruiting Helfrich wouldn't be 4-8 in year four.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT