ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Tanner "next week". Get Herman to sign the dotted line?

Cross him off the list. He's not coming here. He doesn't want to come here. He had no real interest in coming here at the start. He got what he wanted from Houston.

Cross him off the list. He's not coming here. He doesn't want to come here. He had no real interest in coming here at the start. He got what he wanted from Houston.

There is zero chance Herman coaches at Houston in 2017. So the idea he got what he wanted from Houston is obviously inaccurate. That was just Houston panicking and knowing they look better with a big offer they won't wind up paying for more than a year anyway. Herman may not come to SC, but he will go somewhere. If not this year, then next. Personally, I think he backed off SC expecting Miles to be fired and wanted the LSU job. Maybe he expects Strong to last only one more year at Texas. Maybe Miles staying will change his views on SC. But he as much as announced that he was looking for a bigger gig when he rebuffed signing Houston's offer with a weak "maybe later" response to it.

Reactions: mUSiC-man

Charlie strong had no real interest in leaving comfy Louisville either until Texas backed the brinks truck up to his door step

There is zero chance Herman coaches at Houston in 2017. So the idea he got what he wanted from Houston is obviously inaccurate. That was just Houston panicking and knowing they look better with a big offer they won't wind up paying for more than a year anyway. Herman may not come to SC, but he will go somewhere. If not this year, then next. Personally, I think he backed off SC expecting Miles to be fired and wanted the LSU job. Maybe he expects Strong to last only one more year at Texas. Maybe Miles staying will change his views on SC. But he as much as announced that he was looking for a bigger gig when he rebuffed signing Houston's offer with a weak "maybe later" response to it.

Where will he coach in 2016?

There's another way to look at that...

Maybe LSU backed off firing Miles because Herman told them he was coming to SC and would NOT entertain their offer.

Lock somebody up before we get stuck with another Newton, like basketball back when.

Reactions: jonesz21
If we strike out with Kir-man (Her-by), I think we could lure Chizik away from UNC and still be perfectly fine...so I'm not nearly as worried about not having anyone available in a week...

We've got the money to go find someone...and maybe the "second fiddle" does a better job than these "headliners"...especially when you consider we have all college football teams we can troll to pick and choose a new staff from...

Where will he coach in 2016?

No one knows. He may not know. If he wants to wait for Texas or Georgia or for Miles to flop at LSU, then he may return to Houston for 2016. Or he may take a job now, either SC or Missouri or Southern Cal. But he won't be there at Houston long, he has signaled that clearly. This isn't like Patterson at TCU where he is happy staying forever. Houston is a stepping stone. The HC's at Texas A&M and Baylor are both former HC's at Houston this past decade.

I'm all for Herman. But if he isn't interested, I'd be good to hire Larry Fedora of North Carolina. I just hope Georgia hires Kirby Smart. I felt more and more uneasy going with someone with no HC exprience. Smart could turn out to be like Nick Saban. Or, he could turn out to be like Sonny Smart.

Richt was fired a couple hours ago and already Herman ha "interest". I'm calling bs on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT