ADVERTISEMENT

OMG!! Serena lost US Open, breaks racket, and.....

Triton20x

Feb 1, 2008
Claims all the injustice is due to sexism and females don't get same resolve as men in the sport! She thinks she can harass the judge for over 30min and not get reprimanded? She gets illegal coaching, breaks a racket, and continuously chews on judge but yet when he takes a point its because of sexism!!! I'm glad she was playing a half Asian, half black female because who knows what else she would claimed if she was playing someone else she could find fault in. She was just ranting about everything other than the fact she just got her butt whipped a new up-comer in the sport. She then started saying she was fighting for women's rights in her post match media!

She has been the best in the sport but now she can't accept her game is slipping and she sounds like a poor sportsman more than anythingS. Shejust had a baby and I'm sure she will regain some of her skill but instead of making it into some political sexist issue please just give your competition due respect!!

Never said anything negative about Serena before in my life until today! But she was not a mentor today!

This is a forum for Gamecock sports.

But I agree with you, she was a whiny baby. And that cost her not just a point but an entire game. She was getting waxed anyhow.

Reactions: Triton20x
Actually, I think she made some good points. The coaching issue happens all the time without penalties given. Another woman was penalized for changing her shirt. Meanwhile, Djokovic sat for minutes with no shirt on at all.

I also disagree about her game slipping. She will easily win a few more majors. She just had a baby and had major complications! She will be fine.

And for the record, I’m not a big fan of Serena, but you’ve got to give her respect...

Actually, I think she made some good points. The coaching issue happens all the time without penalties given. Another woman was penalized for changing her shirt. Meanwhile, Djokovic sat for minutes with no shirt on at all.

I also disagree about her game slipping. She will easily win a few more majors. She just had a baby and had major complications! She will be fine.

And for the record, I’m not a big fan of Serena, but you’ve got to give her respect...

Maybe if she did this and won I could go with it. But it sounds like she just couldn’t handle getting beat. She had already lost the first set.

As far as the coaching, she said she didn’t receive any coaching. But she did as he said every coach does what he does. But Serena didn’t say every coach does it...she said she didn’t receive any coaching and blasted him for assaulting her character. While she was lying.

I give her more slack based on the fact she is still a relatively new mother and probably more emotional. But that was ridiculous. She overshadowed her opponent who was clearly on her way to a title. What a shame...she’s the real victim here.

I am a Serena can, but I think she went too far after the warning was given. Is she the best? She was, but others are catching up. Sexism on the shirt/coaching? Definitely, but either retire from the match or tone it down to respect your opponent's championship moment.

She hasn't been the same since she had the baby, at least not emotionally. She's said it herself. She has had an amazing career. It is getting near the end. She realizes it and is having trouble coming to grips with it. I can see where it would be hard to deal with.

The tough thing about being a great athlete is that retirement comes when there's still a lot of life left to figure out how to live and what will define the person. I'm very sorry that she will have this untoward episode as part of her legacy - hopefully a diminishing part over time. She has been remarkable.

I also feel very sorry for the young woman who won. She deserved to bask in the glory and that was taken from her. The entire thing was a shame.

She was right. Men have done much worse and not received this type of penalty - not just a point but a game.

That ump’s job was not to involve himself. The stars of the show were the two women competing. He just couldn’t take some tough talk from a female and felt compelled to show how tough he was.

Serena was making a much larger point. She didn’t need that match to be the greatest women’s tennis player of all time.

I don't follow the sport that closely, but why do so many people assign that distinction to Martina Navratilova?

Martina was great as well. But Serena has more grand slam titles. You could make an argument for Martina when too, especially considering all of the doubles and mixed doubles titles she won. In today’s game, you don’t see the elite singles players playing doubles as much.

Both have had tremendous longevity. Serena is 36 now and I believe Martina played at a high level into her late 30s. I saw something where Martina is still a force on some type of over-40 circuit where she is much older than most of the other players she is beating.

Reactions: king ward
I
She was right. Men have done much worse and not received this type of penalty - not just a point but a game.

That ump’s job was not to involve himself. The stars of the show were the two women competing. He just couldn’t take some tough talk from a female and felt compelled to show how tough he was.

Serena was making a much larger point. She didn’t need that match to be the greatest women’s tennis player of all time.
I Think that ump did his job perfectly. He gave Serena more than enough time to vent.

I guess my point in the thread was more of who she has been, very respectful, best player in the league, yet she let her emotions get the best of her. The sad part was the glory of the young winner and Serena continued into the ceremony! Wasn't fair!

I

I Think that ump did his job perfectly. He gave Serena more than enough time to vent.

I guess my point in the thread was more of who she has been, very respectful, best player in the league, yet she let her emotions get the best of her. The sad part was the glory of the young winner and Serena continued into the ceremony! Wasn't fair!

Did you watch the ceremony? Serena did everything right in the ceremony. She was gracious and settled the crowd down. She was the only one who could.

What do you think she did in the ceremony?

Reactions: aj&uscgrad

Not so fast my liberal friend...

Disqualifications that weaken Serena Williams' sexism accusations
http://www.marca.com/en/more-sports/2018/09/09/5b9524df468aebb72a8b4578.html

Reactions: pisgah
We live in a "what about" time. Nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions anymore. The easiest thing to do is just say what about this or what about that. She was acting like a jackass and got in trouble for it. And somehow the whole thing is ...that's right folks...its sexism. Good old tried-and-true never fails sexism.

Navratalovia said the best comment so far...that we shouldn’t be judging based on what we can get away with.

Serena’s behavior was inappropriate, male or female. Do men, get away with it? If they do the actions are inappropriate. This way of thinking has our society thinking this way...what can we do and get away with, instead of just doing the right things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT