ADVERTISEMENT

On a scale of 1 to 10 how excited are you for 2019 season

BobbyB1975

Sep 9, 2018
Gotta admit last season I was about a 10 1/2 . This season gotta say about a 7 . Kind of the same feeling I had during the middle of the Holtz tenure . Expecting to win some games, scare some people and be competitive but not expecting to really compete for the east . Always excited for football season in general both pro and college but this season is kinda ... meh . My opinion might change drastically for better or worse after the Kentucky game.

I'd say I'm about a 6. Used to be that if the Gamecocks weren't doing very well I could still enjoy college football anyway. But now with the taters being the ESPN darlings and them winning MNC's it's hard to watch other football now. I wish the NCAA would grow a set and bust them and send them back to where they belong.

8 out of 10. I think we are under rated and I look forward to this team proving the naysayers wrong. Go Cocks....

10! We gave a great schedule with blockbuster games. If you cant get excited about this...............

Probably about a 4. Muschamp has only beaten one ranked (*) opponent here and hasn’t really come close any other times. Some games were over before halftime. Factor in the piss poor bowl game and the schedule we have ahead of us, I’m tempering my expectations for this season.

8 out of 10. I think we are under rated and I look forward to this team proving the naysayers wrong. Go Cocks....

I think the Mizzou Kentucky stretch will be the most important two weeks of Muschamp’s career . Don’t see anyway possible we beat Bama but if we follow that up with back to back losses against teams we can beat , the sharks will be smelling blood . I think if we play Bama tough and handle business against Mizzou and Kentucky we could have a nice year . If we lose those three in a row the wheels are gonna fall of that wagon pretty quickly . If we lose to UNC the wagon never made it on the trail .

{7} Excellent games throughout the season and a pivotal year for this coaching staff.

Gotta admit last season I was about a 10 1/2 . This season gotta say about a 7 . Kind of the same feeling I had during the middle of the Holtz tenure . Expecting to win some games, scare some people and be competitive but not expecting to really compete for the east . Always excited for football season in general both pro and college but this season is kinda ... meh . My opinion might change drastically for better or worse after the Kentucky game.
Jesus you guys are way worse than the 247 board. Amature at best. Get your head out of the gutter guys its gonna be a hopeful season have some faith. Its gonna be muschamp first full class a special one. I'm at a 9 here bc I know football and recruiting and this team has something to prove and the mentality and culture around this team is something that we havent seen. If it's not a great season so be it look at the schedule. We will win some big games this year I dont care if it's only kentucky and florida Mizzou and tenn those are teams we have struggled against and it will show promise moving into 2020 even though we lose a crap ton of seniors muschamp is building 2 of those teams ended last season in the top 25 and 2 or 3 will be in the top 25 this year with alot of hype around them... you dont win over recruits against these big named teams easy... let the man do his thing and have faith we have seen change for what dumpster roster he was left with. Get you a recruiting and rebuilding for dummies book if you have your doubts.

Reactions: TIG3R and 01fatboy
Sorry Bobby I wasnt trying to reply to you. Just replying to the 4s and 3s on this page. I'm new here gimme a lil slack in the way these forums are set up lol

Jesus you guys are way worse than the 247 board. Amature at best. Get your head out of the gutter guys its gonna be a hopeful season have some faith. Its gonna be muschamp first full class a special one. I'm at a 9 here bc I know football and recruiting and this team has something to prove and the mentality and culture around this team is something that we havent seen. If it's not a great season so be it look at the schedule. We will win some big games this year I dont care if it's only kentucky and florida Mizzou and tenn those are teams we have struggled against and it will show promise moving into 2020 even though we lose a crap ton of seniors muschamp is building 2 of those teams ended last season in the top 25 and 2 or 3 will be in the top 25 this year with alot of hype around them... you dont win over recruits against these big named teams easy... let the man do his thing and have faith we have seen change for what dumpster roster he was left with. Get you a recruiting and rebuilding for dummies book if you have your doubts.
So much to talk about here.
Its gonna be muschamp first full class a special one. Okay, you are saying it will be a great season.
If it's not a great season so be it look at the schedule. Backtracking to cover both sides. Okay.
I'm at a 9 here bc I know football and recruiting. You know football and recruiting? I've watched a lot of movies but that doesn't make me a director, actor, or producer.
it will show promise moving into 2020 even though we lose a crap ton of seniors... You say you know football and recruiting, then say losing 5 or 6 seniors on each side is a "crap ton?" Slightly above average in this age of football, maybe.

I hate to be the spelling/grammar/syntax Nazi, but if you are trying to come off as the informed voice and convince others that you are right, you really should put a little effort into your writing. I wanted to take your post seriously, but your errors made that impossible.

Sorry Bobby I wasnt trying to reply to you. Just replying to the 4s and 3s on this page. I'm new here gimme a lil slack in the way these forums are set up lol

It’s all good my man !! I’m at 7 or 8 pretty much every year because 40+ years as a gamecock has kinda conditioned me . I will admit I was pretty stoked last year . What sucks is two of my most optimistic years ..2014 and last year kinda sucked !!! Hell if were 3-8 I’ll be at at least a 6 or 7 because it beats watching MLB !!!

Reactions: JCock91
Its gonna be muschamp first full class a special one. Okay, you are saying it will be a great season.
If it's not a great season so be it look at the schedule. Backtracking to cover both sides. Okay.
I'm at a 9 here bc I know football and recruiting. You know football and recruiting? I've watched a lot of movies but that doesn't make me a director, actor, or producer.
it will show promise moving into 2020 even though we lose a crap ton of seniors... You say you know football and recruiting, then say losing 5 or 6 seniors on each side is a "crap ton?" Slightly above average in this age of football, maybe.

I hate to be the spelling/grammar/syntax Nazi, but if you are trying to come off as the informed voice and convince others that you are right, you really should put a little effort into your writing. I wanted to take your post seriously, but your errors made that impossible.
Lmfao I'm sorry what? How did you take all that negative way from my positive post. You can question my football knowledge all day that's fine I'm not gonna sit here and try to encourage people like you to look at the positives which was the intent of the post therefore I'm not going to reply to your stupid questions. I dont care what you think bro lmfao.

Blah blah blah bro. I'm not going to entertain your takes. I honestly could care less what you think about anything I just said or you just said bro. Nice try tho have a great day dude

Hope he proves me wrong but our coach does not give me any confidence.
The coaches around him combined have proved to be great assets. It's not just one coach. If anything muschamp had gotten us out of a rough spot. As coach Kimery said on his podcast the young coaches most likely would not have been able to take over and do what he did right away and change the culture of this program as he has. It's more than just football right now we have to build a culture and be able to make changes and capitalize on things to build this program. He has done that. Now we have to start winning games. I completely agree with that take in a sense. I also believe he is doing alot of things right and he has to put them on the field and prove us wrong now.

Lmfao I'm sorry what? How did you take all that negative way from my positive post. You can question my football knowledge all day that's fine I'm not gonna sit here and try to encourage people like you to look at the positives which was the intent of the post therefore I'm not going to reply to your stupid questions. I dont care what you think bro lmfao.

Blah blah blah bro. I'm not going to entertain your takes. I honestly could care less what you think about anything I just said or you just said bro. Nice try tho have a great day dude
You entered two posts to say you aren't going to respond? And next time, try saying "I couldn't care less". When you say you could care less, you are saying you care.

I’ve read the posts. Sadly, and this is coming from a diehard fan of more than three decades, I’m at a 5 or 6. I’m usually at “borderline 11.” But I just don’t have confidence in CWM. He hasn’t shown me anything to get me excited yet. If Morrison, Holtz, or Spurrier we’re at the wheel, I’d be at a 9+. But with Muschamp, I can’t get all that excited. Wish it were different.

I'm a solid "3". I'm open to becoming more excited, but it will take something compelling.
Agreed. You are actually more excited at the moment than I am, though. On a scale of 1-10, my excitement level is somewhere between "looking forward to rush-hour traffic and being dragged to a baby shower for my wife's co-workers."
If this program shows they are worthy of excitement, then I'll be there.

Honestly my biggest concerns this season besides the schedule are :

1. Jake is still wildly inconsistent
2. Lack of explosive playmakers on offense without Deebo . I feel we have a lot of talent but nobody yet who really scares opposing DC’s
3. Still have severe doubts about the defensive line and LB’s . Think the secondary will be very good . I know we added a lot of depth but we are a few injuries away from being in trouble . T-Rob has not really impressed me as a DC .
4. S&C this year . So many injuries last year and players that still seem to get pushed around . I know injuries happen but Muschamp has a history of being snake bitten by injuries going back to his UF days . Seems kinda weird .
5. I think Florida , UT and Mizzou will be vastly improved this year . Pruitt will get UT back on track at some point and hoping it’s not this year .

The difference between 8-4 and optimism going forward and 3-9 and not giving a damn about 2020 in my opinion comes down to Jake’s play and how good our Defense performs . Just my 2 cents

Agreed. You are actually more excited at the moment than I am, though. On a scale of 1-10, my excitement level is somewhere between "looking forward to rush-hour traffic and being dragged to a baby shower for my wife's co-workers."
If this program shows they are worthy of excitement, then I'll be there.

Wow that’s pretty bad !! Really bad

Reactions: gamecockblack
The coaches around him combined have proved to be great assets. It's not just one coach. If anything muschamp had gotten us out of a rough spot. As coach Kimery said on his podcast the young coaches most likely would not have been able to take over and do what he did right away and change the culture of this program as he has. It's more than just football right now we have to build a culture and be able to make changes and capitalize on things to build this program. He has done that. Now we have to start winning games. I completely agree with that take in a sense. I also believe he is doing alot of things right and he has to put them on the field and prove us wrong now.

Prove it on the field. I have not seen what you are stating. We do not beat anyone with a pulse, never have a game plan that gives us a chance against more talented teams a la spurrier. Our tackling and missed assignments on defense and terrible tackling scream bad coaching. Again, please show me.

We don’t have the horses. 4 of the teams we play essentially pick their teams before we get a pick (recruiting).
And 4 other games I’m not convinced our coach is better than theirs.
Add to that I have to endure another Clemson cakewalk. Complete with jabs from tiger fans. And even Georgia fans. Some of whom live in SC.
Let’s just say I’m ready for some payback!

My expectations are lower, but I’m still excited. I think this year I am looking forward to more games than just the Gamecocks as well. That’s the good thing about tempering my expectations...I enjoy CFB more. When my expectations are too high, and we fall short...I get pissed and can barely watch other games anymore. I’d prefer high expectations for this team but trying to be realistic. Doesn’t mean it’s ok to have low expectations...we shouldn’t. But I’m not going to fool myself into being shocked if we go 6-6 or 7-5 this year. I’d say those are likely our two most likely records.

9. I used to be 10 at this time of year but I'm mellowing in my middle old age.

Reactions: JCock91
Prove it on the field. I have not seen what you are stating. We do not beat anyone with a pulse, never have a game plan that gives us a chance against more talented teams a la spurrier. Our tackling and missed assignments on defense and terrible tackling scream bad coaching. Again, please show me.
Why are you guys so negative. Literally 90 percent of the grown men on this site are like children crying and being babys. It's sad. Grow a pair and relax. God. I'ma get my free gift card and go back to 247 you guys are pathetic lmfao

Last year this team was destroyed by injuries and had to play a million true freshman. Lmfao that's all I'm gonna say. Look at the things that factor into this transition of the coaching staff. College football is harder than just getting a win. Seniors leave and you have people step up that hasn't happened much with muschamp. You cant only blame the coaches they aren't missing tackles dude it's the players that arent playing like they should. My point is there are many factors that have effects on this team lack of success and I'm not excusing them but I am saying you guys need to look at those as well and not just the win column that comes when you turn a program around and we arent there yet. We will win some big games this year now chill.....

Why are you guys so negative. Literally 90 percent of the grown men on this site are like children crying and being babys. It's sad. Grow a pair and relax. God. I'ma get my free gift card and go back to 247 you guys are pathetic lmfao

Nah don’t do that bro . What you will see on this board is 40% negative Nancy’s who will bitch and Moan even when we are winning 11 games . 40% that Sunshine pump and swear we have the best coaches and players in America when we are 3-9 or getting smashed by powerhouses like Kentucky . 20% that just call it like they see it and get yelled at by both sides for actually using their brains and stating facts . Lol . It’s a good time!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT