ADVERTISEMENT

On a scale of 1 to 10 how excited are you for 2019 season

Always a 10 before the season , ready to tailgate and watch football , now 3-5 games in can factor my scale of excitement

Reactions: gamecockblack
Used to be a 10 with Spurrier. I am barely a 1. I was not happy with the CWM hire because I felt we needed an innovator. Not much has changed for me.

I dread the Alabama and Clemson games. We are definitely being taken on a hike to the woodshed.

CWM prove me wrong. Please.

Here’s the real question . IF we won in Gainesville , lost a close game in Death Valley , dropped 50 on Akron , and ran UVA off the field in Charlotte where would you be on a scale of 1-10 ?? I think I would be back at a 10 or at least 9.5 .

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Maybe a 6-7 because it's college football season. I'll have a brief surge when I have SEC Nation on one TV, and Gameday on another, in a couple more weeks.
But as for the Gamecocks, they need to show me they can get it done when it matters.
Sorry, but I was done last season when we lost to UK the 5th year in a row. The Clemson game just ticked me off even more because it was "why the heck haven't you been doing that all season". I'm glad I was at the movies for the UF game because too much stuff would have been broken in my house that day. I turned off the UVA game, and didn't even follow the Akron game.

My wife, the Cavalier just mocked the USC players that foolishly said they were going to “impose their SEC will” in the bowl by saying like they do to the rest of the conference? Also, Virginia wasn’t nearly the scrubs we think they still are. Should’ve won the Coastal last year

Reactions: gamecocks94
Excitement - 10 (its football baby!)
Expectations - 6.5 (its Gamecock football baby!)

Ha, I joke but I'm very excited. I'm generally hopeful but I just dont have enough comfort level to have high expectations. The UVA game really threw me off - so it's hard for me to say I EXPECT some type of performance I havent really seen proof of yet.

67921325_2400318990203980_5563396843611619328_n.jpg

Under a month in this case, but still... :(

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
You guys are hilarious. I think what has changed for me is I felt like during Spurrier and even most of Lou’s tenure that we had a chance in most games . Might be a VERY slim chance but a chance . Honestly there are some games this year I don’t think we could win if they spotted us three TD’s . Always gonna be excited for ANY football regardless. Not really expecting much from my Panthers either so I REALLY hope one of my 15 fantasy teams blows it up .

I don’t know about a number, but I do think that you guys are being undervalued. Senior quarterback, good wide receivers, and a growing defense. I can definitely see you guys beating Kentucky, and possibly Florida. I am a Clemson fan/alumni, and I’m not here to blow smoke, but I have family that unfortunately are gamecocks. Good luck this season, and take care of Feaster

Reactions: BigTomE
I don’t know about a number, but I do think that you guys are being undervalued. Senior quarterback, good wide receivers, and a growing defense. I can definitely see you guys beating Kentucky, and possibly Florida. I am a Clemson fan/alumni, and I’m not here to blow smoke, but I have family that unfortunately are gamecocks. Good luck this season, and take care of Feaster

Thanks but we are a famously mismanaged athletic department that just has rarely gotten it right. Like i said, I’m ready to be proven wrong. Expectations should be high in the 4th year but I don’t feel positive. It’s a shame.

I'm at 10. I think our team is going to surprise some people. I think we are going to have a stout defense (best since Clowney left) and our offense is going to put up a lot of points. We are going to start off by blowing UNC out. We won't beat Alabama but we'll keep it close than expected. We won't beat A&M but that will be close as well. Georgia game scares me on the road. As for Clemson, the streak will finally end this year. Everyone else on our schedule should be a W.

Besides, college football is back!

I'm at 10. I think our team is going to surprise some people. I think we are going to have a stout defense (best since Clowney left) and our offense is going to put up a lot of points. We are going to start off by blowing UNC out. We won't beat Alabama but we'll keep it close than expected. We won't beat A&M but that will be close as well. Georgia game scares me on the road. As for Clemson, the streak will finally end this year. Everyone else on our schedule should be a W.

Share what you are drinking. Like your optimism. I have none.

Yes, but Liam is our coach and Ray is our AD.

"We gave a great schedule with blockbuster games. If you cant get excited about this..............."

The schedule is the reason I'm NOT excited about football season. We can have a good team and still win 6 games. I can't get excited about another 6 win season and crappy bowl.

Nah don’t do that bro . What you will see on this board is 40% negative Nancy’s who will bitch and Moan even when we are winning 11 games . 40% that Sunshine pump and swear we have the best coaches and players in America when we are 3-9 or getting smashed by powerhouses like Kentucky . 20% that just call it like they see it and get yelled at by both sides for actually using their brains and stating facts . Lol . It’s a good time!!

Very accurate analysis!

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Ima gamecock fan thru and thru so idc what the schedule is I have faith in my team no matter what the circumstances are. I hate gamecock nation at times bc we all fall apart over the negatives and give up on our team.Its life it sucks sometimes. For multiple seasons then all of a sudden your like oh hey man we are doing well. I am happy with my coaches and believe in what they are doing. Just hope some of you guys can see that before half of our fan base turns into the florida fan base and give up on every coach we get bc they aren't doing well enough to meet our needs due to the circumstances at hand. Let's face is dudes we arent a top tier school and wont be until we turn the culture around and make changes like the ops buildings and statium like we are doing. We are making strides buckle your britches and snap your helmets on bc its gonna be okay it's one step at a time. Otherwise they have a team upstate that can meet your needs playing nobodies.

Bro, we play your team and another SEC team every year. Not to mention Alabama and another playoff team bro.

Bro, we play your team and another SEC team every year. Not to mention Alabama and another playoff team bro.
Bro you dont play an sec opponent every week and you just started playing a&m lol
Newb, you literally told another fan that he isn't a real fan, which insinuates that you are a better fan (in your own mind).
hahahahahah wait what? Tell me your not serious? I said then how do you consider yourself a fan. Not once did I say I was a better fan. You cant be that retarted bro please tell me your not serious.... RollLaugh

I am always at a 10 level when the season starts. College football is the best time of the year.

Bro you dont play an sec opponent every week and you just started playing a&m lol
hahahahahah wait what? Tell me your not serious? I said then how do you consider yourself a fan. Not once did I say I was a better fan. You cant be that retarted bro please tell me your not serious.... RollLaugh

What about Georgia and Auburn before that bro? What about playing UofSC EVERY year?

You need to work on your grammar/spelling/articulation in general before you call anyone anything like that bro.

The insinuation is the same, regardless of the wording.

And if you're going to toss around sophomoric insults, at least avoid the irony misspelling the word "retarded."

Reactions: JCock91

We don’t beat A&M but we do beat Clemson? I’m not sure I follow that logic.

Used to be a 10 with Spurrier. I am barely a 1. I was not happy with the CWM hire because I felt we needed an innovator. Not much has changed for me.

I dread the Alabama and Clemson games. We are definitely being taken on a hike to the woodshed.

CWM prove me wrong. Please.

How about Spurrier's last couple of years? You know, after he flushed our program down the toilet setting us back years? You can't put all the blame on the new staff after the way Spurrier left this program. It was Spurrier's team that went 3-9 and lost to the Citadel. Let that sink in.
Muschamp already has a 9 win season here, which is something Spurrier only did 4 times! Spurrier had a fantastic 4 year run, but he also hit a lot of bumps in the road getting there. Some choose to only remember the 3 11-2 seasons and forget the rest.

How about Spurrier's last couple of years? You know, after he flushed our program down the toilet setting us back years? You can't put all the blame on the new staff after the way Spurrier left this program. It was Spurrier's team that went 3-9 and lost to the Citadel. Let that sink in.
Muschamp already has a 9 win season here, which is something Spurrier only did 4 times! Spurrier had a fantastic 4 year run, but he also hit a lot of bumps in the road getting there. Some choose to only remember the 3 11-2 seasons and forget the rest.
Sooo... what? As long as Muschamp fails to accomplish anything of note, it's all Spurrier's fault? In Year 4? How long are we supposed to let that fly? And if/when he doesn't work out, will you blame all the new coach's future losses on Muschamp?

Sooo... what? As long as Muschamp fails to accomplish anything of note, it's all Spurrier's fault? In Year 4? How long are we supposed to let that fly? And if/when he doesn't work out, will you blame all the new coach's future losses on Muschamp?

No, actually I feel the exact opposite. Muschamp's small successes here should be celebrated because of the way Spurrier left us. I'm not blaming Spurrier, but rather giving credit to Muschamp for what he accomplished despite the way Spurrier left us. I refuse to celebrate Spurrier's greatness while ignoring his short comings. Muschamp's first two seasons here were played with Spurrier recruited players, which is why we played more freshman than any other team in the SEC, and more than most teams in the country.

No one expected Muschamp to win 7 games in year 1, but we did. No one expected 9 wins in year two. 9 wins is something Spurrier only accomplished 4 times here by the way, but some fans still act like he's Saban. Muschamp has been through 3 full recruiting cycles, plus 2 months of his first recruiting cycle. It's obvious he's building talent here based on the number of underclassmen playing year after year. I think we'll see a very competitive team this season, and could start challenging for the east again within a year or two. That's a far cry away from losing to the Citadel and going 3-9.

No, actually I feel the exact opposite. Muschamp's small successes here should be celebrated because of the way Spurrier left us. I'm not blaming Spurrier, but rather giving credit to Muschamp for what he accomplished despite the way Spurrier left us. I refuse to celebrate Spurrier's greatness while ignoring his short comings. Muschamp's first two seasons here were played with Spurrier recruited players, which is why we played more freshman than any other team in the SEC, and more than most teams in the country.

No one expected Muschamp to win 7 games in year 1, but we did. No one expected 9 wins in year two. 9 wins is something Spurrier only accomplished 4 times here by the way, but some fans still act like he's Saban. Muschamp has been through 3 full recruiting cycles, plus 2 months of his first recruiting cycle. It's obvious he's building talent here based on the number of underclassmen playing year after year. I think we'll see a very competitive team this season, and could start challenging for the east again within a year or two. That's a far cry away from losing to the Citadel and going 3-9.

We only won six games his first year. The only “noteworthy” team in the regular season in 2017 was NC State, not to mention the fact that we barely beat LA Tech. Yeah, nine wins looked good on paper, but that was a very smoke and mirrors season. I won’t even begin to get on my soapbox about last season.

The bottom line is that Muschamp needs to beat somebody that will raise some eyebrows (and no, that does not include Kentucky) and it needs to happen soon. Another thing I’d like to see NOT happen is Tanner reward Muschamp with a contract extension after a six or seven win season because he’s so worried about someone coming after him :rolleyes:

We only won six games his first year, which obviously is improvement, so I’ll give you that. The only “noteworthy” team in the regular season in 2017 was NC State, not to mention the fact that we barely beat LA Tech. Yeah, nine wins looked good on paper, but that was a very smoke and mirrors season. I won’t even begin to get on my soapbox about last season.

The bottom line is that Muschamp needs to beat somebody that will raise some eyebrows (and no, that does not include Kentucky) and it needs to happen soon. Another thing I’d like to see NOT happen is Tanner reward Muschamp with a contract extension after a six or seven win season because he’s so worried about someone coming after him :rolleyes:

Reactions: Legendary Cock
We only won six games his first year. The only “noteworthy” team in the regular season in 2017 was NC State, not to mention the fact that we barely beat LA Tech. Yeah, nine wins looked good on paper, but that was a very smoke and mirrors season. I won’t even begin to get on my soapbox about last season.

I agree, he needs to beat a ranked team and raise some eyebrows. No argument there. But do you see how you just completely dismissed Muschamp's 9 win season? At least give credit where it's due. Spurrier wins 9 games and fans do cartwheels. Muschamp wins 9 games and fans say it only looks good on paper and it was a smoke and mirrors season. Spurrier only won 9 or more games 4 times here. Muschamp has already done it once. Give some credit.
Also, it took Spurrier did it in his 6th season, Muschamp did it in his 2nd. Muschamp is no Spurrier, that I agree. But he's off to a much better start than some fans give him credit for.

We don’t beat A&M but we do beat Clemson? I’m not sure I follow that logic.

Yeah, I dont understand this either. I see a lot of fans expect to lose to A&M, Georgia and Alabama, but beat Clemson even though Clemson proved far superior to Bama last year.

Maybe it's because of how well the offense played at Clemson last year and the rivalry game factor. I still think the Clemson game last year was a perfect storm of an amazing gameplan that caught one of the best D coordinators in the country completely off-guard, coupled with great execution and an extremely talented play maker in Deebo. I just dont see that happening again this year, but you never know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT