ADVERTISEMENT

*** On Ryan Hilinski... (with further clarification)

W

Wes Mitchell

I have confirmed, according to a source, that South Carolina quarterback Ryan Hilinski is believed to have minor injuries to his meniscus and ACL and will likely have surgery to repair the meniscus (I added this clarification to the original post), but it was reiterated to me that these are considered minor injuries and he'll likely be back for the start of spring practice. (ABC Columbia says 4-6 weeks and while I wasn't told that specific timeline, that seems to match with my info.)

I understand that when folks read "torn ACL" in other reports that it sets off alarm bells, but as with any ligament injury, there are various grades to the injury. Technically, any "knee sprain" usually involves tears or microtears to a ligament. While I don't know the specifics of Hilinski's injury the use of the word "minor" and the quick projected recovery, tells me that this couldn't have been a full on Grade 3/full ACL tear.

Most importantly, I've been told that Ryan Hilinski is completely comfortable with the way things have been handled and that there are no issues internally with him playing. Hilinski is set to meet again with a doctor early this week and they'll solidify a course of action at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News