ADVERTISEMENT

One positive out of our DL woes. . .

legalsizecock

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2000
Blackshear is playing more and more, and better and better. We need more size, and I don't know if that was the reason he was getting more reps (at least it appeared so), but I thought he played faster than I was expecting. He was disruptive at times, and he hustled way down field to knock a Mizzou RB out of bounds, and possibly save a touchdown.

It has been a long road back for Blackshear, but the man's worked his way into being a good, solid contributor. Happy for him.

Blackshear is playing more and more, and better and better. We need more size, and I don't know if that was the reason he was getting more reps (at least it appeared so), but I thought he played faster than I was expecting. He was disruptive at times, and he hustled way down field to knock a Mizzou RB out of bounds, and possibly save a touchdown.

It has been a long road back for Blackshear, but the man's worked his way into being a good, solid contributor. Happy for him.
Gosh, if we could get Wonnum and Belk in there.

Kept on saying that Blackshear had talent. There was a reason he was so highly rated and recruited before his injuries. Bluffton boy looking good.

Kept on saying that Blackshear had talent. There was a reason he was so highly rated and recruited before his injuries. Bluffton boy looking good.
Right. That may one reason I've always kept my eye on him. he blew out his knee against my local GA high school his senior year. Always felt that it was, in some illogical way, my fault. Good to see a low country guy step up. I think we've got something here.

Why is it, when I see the name Blackshear...

It looks like Blackbear... Just as big and angry as a Black Bear...

angrybearrex_468x329.jpg

Right. That may one reason I've always kept my eye on him. he blew out his knee against my local GA high school his senior year. Always felt that it was, in some illogical way, my fault. Good to see a low country guy step up. I think we've got something here.
Blew out his other knee early in his JR year. He basically missed most of his last two years of HS football.

Losing Wonnum has had a bigger impact than any of us could have expected, which is saying something because most were devastated when he went down.

Looking forward to getting him back and getting Belk in the fold.

Reactions: rogue cock
Was Belk even on the sidelines Saturday? I never saw #96 on the sidelines.

But, as Champ pointed out these guys can't go 90 reps. We need a whole lot more than just Blackshear attaining his promised form.
Yep, that's a problem. Our backups are talented, but young and inexperienced. They will get where they need to be, but it will take a little time.

Wonnum-Kinlaw-Belk-Blackshear would be a very stout group.
I agree, would avg 310 or so inside and 265 or so on the edges. I told my buddy saturday how small our d looked. And we need to run blitz more to try and create some 0 or neg yard plays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT