ADVERTISEMENT

Ortre has opt out per CBS Sports

Davis did as well. He’s been out since Spurrier left though.

I think we can absorb this.
I don't know. We were already really thin at receiver as it is. The only half way dependable receiver we have is Shi. Everyone else is a hope. With Otre down, that is one hope down. With Randrecous, I wish him good luck in getting his degree. A freshman or an unknown has to really step up or a lot of games this year are going to look like the Texas A&M and Clemson games of last year. Numbers could also get tight for some programs that get off to a losing start with no opt-out deadline that I know of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brace1
Otre is a bust . Hate to say it but I think the injuries have just piled up to the point that he’s never gonna be a factor . Sucks I had high hopes for him . I agree with the previous poster . He will never see another snap here .
I wouldn't call him a bust. He was a stud freshman. His injury cost him his career. I always thought it was going to be hard with that kind of injury to come back. Busts should be for players that were hyped and didn't perform well. He did

Maybe it’s my memory being it’s usual pitiful self, but I don’t remember him even doing much as a fr. I remember being excited that we bested the ‘necks up the road for his signature, but it just never panned out.

Maybe it’s my memory being it’s usual pitiful self, but I don’t remember him even doing much as a fr. I remember being excited that we bested the ‘necks up the road for his signature, but it just never panned out.
He looked good as a freshman until he got injured. He had a lot of potential and could’ve been the number one guy this year if he could’ve got fully healthy. He was just as good as Shi if you ask me; This is sad.

Makes me wish even more we would’ve gotten the grad transfer from Charleston Southern. No doubt Kameron Brown could have helped the group.
Good luck Ortre. Wish you much success in life.

Reactions: german cock
I wouldn't call him a bust. He was a stud freshman. His injury cost him his career. I always thought it was going to be hard with that kind of injury to come back. Busts should be for players that were hyped and didn't perform well. He did

The kid from Conway who went to Michigan and transferred to Carolina back in the days of Sparky is the biggest bust for Carolina... I can't remember his name...

Otre is a bust . Hate to say it but I think the injuries have just piled up to the point that he’s never gonna be a factor . Sucks I had high hopes for him . I agree with the previous poster . He will never see another snap here .
Just think, we were so excited that we beat Clemson for him.

He’s only opting out for this year right ?
Did he says he’s not coming back for good ?

I heard on 107.5 that he wasn't mentioned in a presser among the top 4 WRs on the team. At this point in his career, if he was going to make the two-deep on a very shallow roster, he would. I feel bad for him, but no one plays forever and most don't get past this level.

I dont consider him a bust, I try and not use bust when injuries, occur, and the player clearly tries to fight through and return, but just can't, but I wont argue the definition with you, to each his own

We saw the ability the freshman year, just injuries derailed his career, young man fought, worked hard, played with pain, got back on the field, but was not the same, and it hasnt worked out. Had the size and speed before the injuries to be a playmaker, just didnt work out, I wish him the best and he is a Gamecock to me!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT