ADVERTISEMENT

OT:50 dead in Vegas Shooting

The facts do not support your opinion. And I say this as a supporter of 2A... its people with a mindset like yours that will cause problems for 2A supporters. Standing your ground and making the claims you have made in this thread, and others, will only fuel the fire of the group wanting to ban guns.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/gun-control-australia-updated/
Thank you. I'm going to go downtown, sit on the courthouse steps and start shooting up heroin while screaming at the top of my lungs about legalizing drugs.

Yeah, that'll stop suicidal killers like the Vegas one. Good job!
Did I say that it would? I addressed that question, had you bothered to read. I'm putting forth a remedy that would impact the vast majority of violent crime in the United States, an approach that would change the landscape.

This is just awful to hear about. I know the controlled mass media & gun grabbing communists will be playing this up for all they can. Get ready to hear the same old tired lies. I'm assuming since it was a country music concert that the victims were white.
Wow, empty rhetoric aside, this guy's avatar speaks volumes. Talk about 'virtue' signaling.

The facts do not support your opinion. And I say this as a supporter of 2A... its people with a mindset like yours that will cause problems for 2A supporters. Standing your ground and making the claims you have made in this thread, and others, will only fuel the fire of the group wanting to ban guns.

But I'm more concerned about fueling the fire of the people with guns.

Remember that the massacre at Waco occurred on April 19th, 1993. Timothy McVeigh deliberately chose April 19th, 1995 to blow up the Murrah Building in OKC as revenge. The Columbine Massacre occurred on April 20th, 1999 with the stated of goal of the killers to amass a larger body count than McVeigh. Seung-Hui Cho, who looked at the Columbine killers as heroes, went on a killing spree at Virginia Tech on April 16th.

This is an example of 4th generation warfare. The government cannot win this war. If they attempt to take away people's guns with overwhelming force, it simply inspires low level reaction, mostly against soft targets. Our governments War Against Guns would be about as effective as its War Against Drugs or War Against Terror.

Hopefully people with drop the heated rhetoric and, in the end, maybe we'll get some legislation against bump stocks, which are useless anyway.

Reactions: cocky4 and DC-99

You know, it dawned on me that my tone in this thread is a tad harsh at times, but you know me. That's me, but it probably doesn't help my argument, either. This post is very eloquently stated.

thats poppy cock and fake news...Show me places with the strictest guns laws and i'll show you where mass shootings have occurred...Anti 2nd amendment loons have been funding bogus studies for years...Chicago has the toughest gun laws in the nation..All over Europe where they do it like liberals want to there are mass shootings..this same fraudulent process is how you get people to believe man is the cause of climate change even thought the climate has been perpetually changing for 4 billion yrs..I am waiting for Democrats to come up with a tax to stop Yellowstone from exploding...Guns are not murderers, predators kill...Guns are tools

Did I say that it would? I addressed that question, had you bothered to read. I'm putting forth a remedy that would impact the vast majority of violent crime in the United States, an approach that would change the landscape.
No reference to your post there Mr. Ward, but this photo made me sick. It literally made me wanna puke, but for two reasons: 1.) 'Cause it grotesquely sickening, and 2.) 'Cause the sick MoFu deserved to be slaughtered in the most painful and slow process(es) imaginable.

Some of you I'm sure have already saw this, but here it is again. It is grotesquely not safe for work, kids, etc.

NSFW

thats poppy cock and fake news...Show me places with the strictest guns laws and i'll show you where mass shootings have occurred...Anti 2nd amendment loons have been funding bogus studies for years...Chicago has the toughest gun laws in the nation..All over Europe where they do it like liberals want to there are mass shootings..this same fraudulent process is how you get people to believe man is the cause of climate change even thought the climate has been perpetually changing for 4 billion yrs..I am waiting for Democrats to come up with a tax to stop Yellowstone from exploding...Guns are not murderers, predators kill...Guns are tools

No sir. Fake news is what you were spreading at the beginning of this thread.

So can gas/fertilizer, chemical weapons, trucks, cars, plastic explosives, Planned Parenthood and late night TV comedians...Banning guns wont stop a single mass murderer from striking...
It's much easier to buy an assault rifle and mow a bunch of people down than it is to make bombs and kill people. That's the whole point. The ease at which these guns can be retrieved and used.

When we have as many mass bombings as we have mass gun assaults come back and let's talk.

So, I take it you didn't read the link in its entirety. Or do you believe there is some "leftist" conspiracy to juice up the Austrailian crime stats?

FACT- Austrailia has not had a single mass shooting event since they tightened gun laws in '96.

Fake News- "Banning guns wont stop a single mass murderer from striking..."

After reading this thread, its clear to me there isn't a piece of Fake News you won't push. Of course, that is your right as an American, as its my right to tear apart your fear-based rhetoric with facts.

"Show me places with the strictest guns laws and i'll show you where mass shootings have occurred"

Uh, ok, let's start with Australia... GO!

Reactions: ExpatCarolinian
So, I take it you didn't read the link in its entirety. Or do you believe there is some "leftist" conspiracy to juice up the Austrailian crime stats?

FACT- Austrailia has not had a single mass shooting event since they tightened gun laws in '96.

After reading this thread, its clear to me there isn't a piece of Fake News you won't push. Of course, that is your right as an American, as its my right to tear apart your fear-based rhetoric with facts.

"Show me places with the strictest guns laws and i'll show you where mass shootings have occurred"

And the Australian Prime Minister who was moved my the mass shooting and pushed for the changes was a Conservative. Sort of like "only Nixon could go to China" maybe "only Trump can fight the gun lobby and manufacturers." This could be his moment to rise above politics, slogans and years of hard feelings and do the right thing for the people of this country.

A democrat couldn't do it because people would go crazy. They'll probably still be a group who lose their minds over any gun restrictions. But some people have this irrational fear that Hillary or Obama might show up at their house, take their guns, install a private email server and kick their dog on the way out.

Everyone can come up with a "but, but someone can still kill you with a knife, bomb, etc" scenario. But if you study this dispassionately as a public health issue using numbers and not tired talking points, you will conclude that reducing guns will save lives.

The reduction in suicides alone in Australia was impressive. Can people still kill themselves by other means? Of course. But, far fewer people do, so it is a huge net savings in human lives.

Reactions: fftar and DC-99

Agree with one point you made. Guns are tools, and the ones folks want to regulate are the tools that make mass shootings easier.
But I'm not gonna call someone who hides behind an AR-15 in a motel room and opens fire on human beings a predator.
First and foremost, that person is a coward. Or in his case, was.

Agree with one point you made. Guns are tools, and the ones folks want to regulate are the tools that make mass shootings easier.
But I'm not gonna call someone who hides behind an AR-15 in a motel room and opens fire on human beings a predator.
First and foremost, that person is a coward. Or in his case, was.

there is nothing wrong with owning an AR-15..The issue is modifying it with bump stock to transform it into a machine gun as this sick sociopath did

Do something similar to what Australia did in the late 90s. Guns are still available for sportsmen and those in rural areas. They offered a buy back program or something similar.

I know it wouldn't be perfect and the risk will always be there because even if we went cold turkey today and had a constitutional amendment change, we would still have working guns for several centuries. But you've got to start somewhere.

I'd be ok with a compromise. People keep their guns for personal protection but get rid of anything automatic, semi-automatic, etc. In my mind, those are meant to do just one thing outside of the military.

And I get those who love the second amendment and their guns. I trust our military to never turn on the citizens of the country. We will not need to take up arms to fight a tyrannical government. And even if we did, that tyrannical government has ships, planes, huge bombs and nuclear weapons.

It will not be easy, but to me doing nothing is tacitly admitting that we are ok having these mass killings over and over in this country. I'm not ok with that.

Probably the best post I have seen on this site!

Serious question, How many mass shootings did Australia have prior to their ban?

Mass shootings represent less than 1% of all firearm homicides and even a smaller percentage of those were committed using a rifle.

Overall the homicide rate in the US has declined steadily since 1981 while the rate of suicide has steadily increased. Maybe we are focused on the wrong thing.

People always want to "do something" for the sake of "doing something", it makes them feel better but generally has no effect on the actual problem because they failed to identify the problem in the first place.

Reactions: GC2020
But I'm more concerned about fueling the fire of the people with guns.

Remember that the massacre at Waco occurred on April 19th, 1993. Timothy McVeigh deliberately chose April 19th, 1995 to blow up the Murrah Building in OKC as revenge. The Columbine Massacre occurred on April 20th, 1999 with the stated of goal of the killers to amass a larger body count than McVeigh. Seung-Hui Cho, who looked at the Columbine killers as heroes, went on a killing spree at Virginia Tech on April 16th.

This is an example of 4th generation warfare. The government cannot win this war. If they attempt to take away people's guns with overwhelming force, it simply inspires low level reaction, mostly against soft targets. Our governments War Against Guns would be about as effective as its War Against Drugs or War Against Terror.

Hopefully people with drop the heated rhetoric and, in the end, maybe we'll get some legislation against bump stocks, which are useless anyway.

It really breaks down to urban/rural. This is a hot button issue because people are scared and if I lived in a LA or NY....I would be scared too. Meanwhile the pro 2nd Amendment see this right as the fire line to preserve the chance for democracy to survive and it is at stake.

My hope is that people think and keep their mind. It sicken me when people try to use tragedies to advance agendas. I would hope that a right that has been the bedrock of the founding of this nation would receive more respect that it does from certain sectors...cause when that goes America goes.

And the Australian Prime Minister who was moved my the mass shooting and pushed for the changes was a Conservative. Sort of like "only Nixon could go to China" maybe "only Trump can fight the gun lobby and manufacturers." This could be his moment to rise above politics, slogans and years of hard feelings and do the right thing for the people of this country.

A democrat couldn't do it because people would go crazy. They'll probably still be a group who lose their minds over any gun restrictions. But some people have this irrational fear that Hillary or Obama might show up at their house, take their guns, install a private email server and kick their dog on the way out.

Everyone can come up with a "but, but someone can still kill you with a knife, bomb, etc" scenario. But if you study this dispassionately as a public health issue using numbers and not tired talking points, you will conclude that reducing guns will save lives.

There's no 2A in Australia. We believe in the right to self-defense and that bearing arms is an inherent right.

The reduction in suicides alone in Australia was impressive. Can people still kill themselves by other means? Of course. But, far fewer people do, so it is a huge net savings in human lives.

We could also ban left turns if we wanted a net savings in human lives.

Nope. No compromise.

Liberals have proven time and time again that they don't want "compromise". They want conservatives to give up something while they give up nothing. And then, a few years later, they come back to take more without giving anything until they get EVERYTHING they want.

Nope. No "compromise". Period.

Serious question, How many mass shootings did Australia have prior to their ban?

Mass shootings represent less than 1% of all firearm homicides and even a smaller percentage of those were committed using a rifle.

Overall the homicide rate in the US has declined steadily since 1981 while the rate of suicide has steadily increased. Maybe we are focused on the wrong thing.

People always want to "do something" for the sake of "doing something", it makes them feel better but generally has no effect on the actual problem because they failed to identify the problem in the first place.
I agree with most of your post. I will say, taking measures to qwell mass shootings is not the same as "doing something for the sake of doing something".

To answer your question, Australia had 13 mass shootings from 1979-1996. A gunman killed 35 in '96 and that was enough for the country to take action. There have been ZERO, 0, Zilch, Nada since '96. I do not see how any intelligent person can argue the actions of the Aussies did NOT work.

I agree with most of your post. I will say, taking measures to qwell mass shootings is not the same as "doing something for the sake of doing something".

To answer your question, Australia had 13 mass shootings from 1979-1996. A gunman killed 35 in '96 and that was enough for the country to take action. There have been ZERO, 0, Zilch, Nada since '96. I do not see how any intelligent person can argue the actions of the Aussies did NOT work.

That widely-used propaganda statement is misleading.

The 35 killed in 1996 was an extremely rare event, before and after gun control. The rest of the "mass" killings were single digit death tolls, which have happened since 1996, just less frequently.

Did it "work", meaning it stopped these mass shooting like we saw in Vegas? No way to tell, since it was a one time event in Australia. Have small attacks where multiple people were killed been reduced. Yes. But it's not ZERO,0,Zilch, Nada. They still happen in Australia.

Reactions: GC2020
That widely-used propaganda statement is misleading.

The 35 killed in 1996 was an extremely rare event, before and after gun control. The rest of the "mass" killings were single digit death tolls, which have happened since 1996, just less frequently.

Did it "work", meaning it stopped these mass shooting like we saw in Vegas? No way to tell, since it was a one time event in Australia. Have small attacks where multiple people were killed been reduced. Yes. But it's not ZERO,0,Zilch, Nada. They still happen in Australia.
Ok, if they still happen, let's see some examples.

Ok, if they still happen, let's see some examples.

2014 Hunt Family Murders in Lockhart, New South Wales, Australia. 5 killed. Also, 3 were killed in Sydney in 2014. Had other hostages, just didn't kill them. Gun laws did nothing to prevent the opportunity.

Six of the 13 mass murders between the dates you listed involved 5 people being killed, just like the example above. The rest were between 6 and 8.

The mass murder event that compares to Vegas was really something Australia had never seen before in modern times. A one time event. Sample size of one.

2014 Hunt Family Murders in Lockhart, New South Wales, Australia. 5 killed. Also, 3 were killed in Sydney in 2014. Had other hostages, just didn't kill them. Gun laws did nothing to prevent the opportunity.

Six of the 13 mass murders between the dates you listed involved 5 people being killed, just like the example above. The rest were between 6 and 8.

The mass murder event that compares to Vegas was really something Australia had never seen before in modern times. A one time event. Sample size of one.
Only 2?

It's much easier to buy an assault rifle and mow a bunch of people down than it is to make bombs and kill people. That's the whole point. The ease at which these guns can be retrieved and used.

When we have as many mass bombings as we have mass gun assaults come back and let's talk.

Did you miss Boston, the World Trade Center, Oklahoma City, Atlanta Olympics, etc

Why has this been swept under the rug by the MSM? There are a lot of holes in this story and it seems like a cover up at this point. Anyone else wondering why we're 2 1/2 weeks out and still haven't had anything come out about a motive or anything?

Why has this been swept under the rug by the MSM? There are a lot of holes in this story and it seems like a cover up at this point. Anyone else wondering why we're 2 1/2 weeks out and still haven't had anything come out about a motive or anything?

Are you seriously going to go the cover-up/"false flag" route on this one? That seems to be the direction you're heading.

Swept under the rug? There's many articles published daily. Take a look. Don't blame CNN and Fox for moving on to the next Trump/Caitlyn Jenner/Colin Kapernick/Harvey Weinstein story. "News" networks are just for entertainment.

No one knows the motive yet. We may never. Dead men tell no tales. There's a chance that the guy was just insane or maybe he snapped. Maybe it was his medication - the same that cause chronic gambling and collecting. But the investigation is ongoing. Maybe we'll find out something. Maybe we won't.

It's almost definitely not a conspiracy. Consider it a 99.99% change that it isn't a vast conspiracy. If you want to hold on to the hope of that 0.01% chance that it IS a vast conspiracy that will result in the abolishment of the 2nd amendment, a forcible taking of all firearms by blue-helmeted UN troops, and a total end of the American Experiment... well, more power to you.

Are you seriously going to go the cover-up/"false flag" route on this one? That seems to be the direction you're heading.

Swept under the rug? There's many articles published daily. Take a look. Don't blame CNN and Fox for moving on to the next Trump/Caitlyn Jenner/Colin Kapernick/Harvey Weinstein story. "News" networks are just for entertainment.

No one knows the motive yet. We may never. Dead men tell no tales. There's a chance that the guy was just insane or maybe he snapped. Maybe it was his medication - the same that cause chronic gambling and collecting. But the investigation is ongoing. Maybe we'll find out something. Maybe we won't.

It's almost definitely not a conspiracy. Consider it a 99.99% change that it isn't a vast conspiracy. If you want to hold on to the hope of that 0.01% chance that it IS a vast conspiracy that will result in the abolishment of the 2nd amendment, a forcible taking of all firearms by blue-helmeted UN troops, and a total end of the American Experiment... well, more power to you.

I'm not saying that it is or it isn't, just that it's odd to me that no details have been released other than multiple timeline changes. I suggest you do a little bit of research before you slam the door shut on this one. Why did Paddock order room service for 2 people? Why was he given access to the service elevator? Why is there no surveillance of him entering or exiting the hotel/casino? Why did the security guard vanish?

There are just too many unanswered questions for me to not question it. Also interesting that the FBI immediately ruled out an ISIS connection without obtaining evidence and hasn't updated the public since.

I'm not saying that it is or it isn't, just that it's odd to me that no details have been released other than multiple timeline changes. I suggest you do a little bit of research before you slam the door shut on this one. Why did Paddock order room service for 2 people? Why was he given access to the service elevator? Why is there no surveillance of him entering or exiting the hotel/casino? Why did the security guard vanish?

There are just too many unanswered questions for me to not question it. Also interesting that the FBI immediately ruled out an ISIS connection without obtaining evidence and hasn't updated the public since.

Ok...

You're insinuating that it is. That's pretty obvious. You're looking for something and you're not going to accept facts when they do present themselves.

Timeline changes - that happens in an ongoing investigation. I'm no detective or officer of the law, but I'd say that a timeline change is nothing out of the ordinary. Things don't happen with the speed and efficiency of a police drama on TV. And there's always blanks to fill in and timelines to revise.

Room service for 2? Well, presumably its a last meal. Why not order 2 meals? I've ordered 2 entrees before in room service when it was just me. That doesn't mean I had a visitor.

Access to the service elevator? Well, it's a perk for high rollers. I know this because the incompetent, evil, no-good, very-bad Lame Stream Media ... investigated. Here's the story(Local ABC Affiliate). It also details how and why portions of the timeline changed ... as a part of an ongoing investigation.

Video - I'm not sure if there is or isn't video if him entering and leaving. Ongoing investigation? I know they said that they don't have video cameras in the hallways and I would guess they probably don't have it for the service elevators. The only portion of their property they are concerned with is the casino itself.

Security guard vanished ... because he was being hounded by the media. Guess what? He showed back up today (LA Times). So, I guess he's not part of the UN/Mafia/ISIS/Cuban/Lizard People conspiracy? Or does this prove he is in on it? GASP - do you think he was abducted by George Soros and brainwashed?!

Seriously, brother, I think you're just looking for a conspiracy and you won't be satisfied with any explanations.

I'm smart enough to see it both ways, brother. I've thought about every single angle you just described as well. If it was a "last meal", is there a reason he ordered it days before the shooting? Better yet, why have the authorities said he checked in on the 28th when the room service for 2 receipt shows he was there prior? What is your reasoning behind that?

I'm smart enough to see it both ways, brother. I've thought about every single angle you just described as well. If it was a "last meal", is there a reason he ordered it days before the shooting? Better yet, why have the authorities said he checked in on the 28th when the room service for 2 receipt shows he was there prior? What is your reasoning behind that?

Man, I have no clue. I thought you meant he ordered on the day of the shooting so I said "last meal." I guess it was before? Let me read up on it...

Again I've ordered two meals for myself without ever going on a shooting rampage or choosing a "last meal." It not that out of the ordinary.

Ok, I read up on it. The receipt was from a server who "thinks" (his words, en español) he served the shooter. He never said anything about a second person. The receipt showed 1 burger, 1 bagel, 1 soup, 1 water and 2 pepsi. That doesn't seem like 2 meals at all. Oh wait - there's three drinks! Maybe 3 people? Or maybe he didn't want to call room service twice? Which is more likely?

The waiter - he later took down his facebook post and has offered no comment since that time it seems. If he met with the shooter on the date printed on the receipt then wouldn't he have noticed a second guest? Wouldn't he have come forward? Or maybe he is lying/embellishing and looking for attention?

Receipts are printed at the time of the order, not by the waiter. It is likely that the bagel counts as a breakfast entree, the burger as a lunch/dinner entree, and the number of "guests" printed on the ticket reflects that.

Further googling shows that the shooter had one room since the 25th, and added the adjoining suite on the 28th. So I guess that explains the 27th? Here's a source on that (Gateway Pundit).

Seriously bro, you're reaching and pulling this stuff from conspiracy-heavy sites that want one thing - clicks. You can't on one hand say that the MSM is biased and sensationalistic and then give fringe conspiracy sites a pass on these things.

Too bad Small Talk was effectively shut down...

Too bad Small Talk was effectively shut down...
Small Talk still exists, go to the forum menu and hold down 'alt right' on your keyboard. The gang is back together. The runaways have been rescued and returned. All is well in Trumpland.

Small Talk still exists, go to the forum menu and hold down 'alt right' on your keyboard. The gang is back together. The runaways have been rescued and returned. All is well in Trumpland.
Lol. Oh, I know. Pretty much BF vs alt right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT