ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 8.5% CPI

Inflation is global, not something unique to the U.S. Germany, the UK, France, etc are experiencing it with record inflation. I read an article a few years ago that inflation goes in 35-year cycles. The article warned inflation was incoming like a nuclear missile. The article was evidently spot on. Now, I think that the "Care Act" last year, implemented to help those impacted by the covid crises, probably was inflationary. Of course, lots of people needed help back then due to the covid situation for which they were not at fault. What can government do to slow down inflation? Induce a recession. That's fine unless you are among those who lose their jobs. Then you will be wishing for the good ole days of inflation. There are no easy answers, no painless solutions. Thankfully, I will not be impacted by a recession because I am a retiree. But, I will certainly feel for those of you who might lose their jobs in a govenment-induced recession. Good Luck.
Complete crock of crap. Inflation that we are experiencing is due to our government flooding the market with money. Plain and simple n

FNXGHblVIAMTChK

FHyC65fXIAQz08O

Complete crock of crap. Inflation that we are experiencing is due to our government flooding the market with money. Plain and simple n

Gamecock Stock was correct.

the inflation issue is hitting many countries all over the world- in some cases a number of countries are tracking about a month or two ahead of what we've done- both countries that didn't make drastic changes during COVID and others that did.

It's indeed a global issue as anyone can read for themselves.

Trump said this week there were no supply chain issues when he was president. THe response alone was hundreds of people posting pictures and new stories to remind him of the supply chain issues and price increases that were starting in mid 2020.

I still recall buying a boat and having to wait from July to December 2020 to get the motor I selected because it was backordered because of parts- and because of staffing problems at Yamaha.

Supply chain issues were caused by many factors, one these Being these Krazy lockdowns, freebies by the govt outweigh reasons to work, attack on truckers fuel, green green green, etc etc. Putin isn’t helping, but this started the day that all Pedo Joe was elected.. Had we had a real POTUS, this would have ended summer of last year.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Supply chain issues were caused by many factors, one these Being these Krazy lockdowns, freebies by the govt outweigh reasons to work, attack on truckers fuel, green green green, etc etc. Putin isn’t helping, but this started the day that all Pedo Joe was elected.. Had we had a real POTUS, this would have ended summer of last year.

Except, as I stated, supply chain issues were obvious while Trump was President too. This didn't just start in January 2021 with the transfer of power.

I mean it takes 4 seconds online to see pictures of severe supply chain issues in the first quarter of 2020.

“In 25 years, I have never seen anything like this,” parcel managing and logistics platform ShipMatrix President Satish Jindel said. March 2020

Reactions: gamecock stock
Except, as I stated, supply chain issues were obvious while Trump was President too. This didn't just start in January 2021 with the transfer of power.

I mean it takes 4 seconds online to see pictures of severe supply chain issues in the first quarter of 2020.

“In 25 years, I have never seen anything like this,” parcel managing and logistics platform ShipMatrix President Satish Jindel said. March 2020

Excuses won’t matter, a tsunami is coming soon and it might be the ugliest for one party that we have ever seen. You do realize Gramps right now is lower in approval than Bush was in midst of financial crisis and Trump immediately following Jan 6. People are fed up and your party will feel the wrath soon. A likely recession and a serious slowdown in housing is only going to become more likely as we approach the fall election season.

you are losing key foundational pieces of your voting block (Latinos) at alarming rates that may affect future R and D races for years to come.

Excuses won’t matter, a tsunami is coming soon and it might be the ugliest for one party that we have ever seen. You do realize Gramps right now is lower in approval than Bush was in midst of financial crisis and Trump immediately following Jan 6. People are fed up and your party will feel the wrath soon. A likely recession and a serious slowdown in housing is only going to become more likely as we approach the fall election season.

you are losing key foundational pieces of your voting block (Latinos) at alarming rates that may affect future R and D races for years to come.
We can only hope.

Well, I mean you sort of walked into it

the lack of self awareness to whine about anyone else trying to do everything they can to stay in power while worshiping and groveling at the feet of a 70 something year old 3 year old that whines every day about an election he lost.
You just described Hillary, the media, and the entire Democratic party. So much they created the biggest hoax since Watergate. And worked to bury maybe the biggest story since Watergate as well. But keep enjoying the way things are going. At least there are no mean tweeters hurting your feelings. This ain’t about Trump. A monkey could randomly make wiser decisions than this clown show.

Last edited:

You lost me at cnbc

Reactions: cockofdawn
Why is Jen Psaki calling it the "Putin Price Hike" over and over? For starters, she stated that they expected inflation around 2.2% in 2022 in a July 2021 presser. Talk about delusional....or just people who seem to enjoying lying at any cost. She's definitely grooming well for her future MSNBC gig.

----------------------------------
MS. PSAKI: Absolutely. We take inflation very seriously. It is under the purview of the Federal Reserve. As you know, they have regular quarterly meeting where they put out that information and any considerations publicly.

Their projection continues to be that, while there’s an — a projected increase in inflation this year, it’s expected to come back down to about 2.2 next year. They have not changed that, and that is aligned with a number of outside economists as well.

You’re also correct that when the economy is turning back on from a global pandemic, there isn’t a lot of historic precedent for that.

And certainly, we’re seeing prices go back to pre-pandemic levels in some cases. We’re also seeing a range of factors, including shortages in the supply chain — from chips shortages that are impacting the auto industry, to lumber shortages that are impacting the housing industry — that are also factors here as we’re seeing price increases.

But we do look at all of that. We take it incredibly seriously. And we respect the role of the Federal Reserve as well.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ng-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-july-19-2021/

Jen

I’m in no way a liberal. I just don’t like Trump and hope he doesn’t run. I prefer Ron Desantis or Tom Cotton.

I get what you are saying. I don't like a lot of Republicans, but there aren't any that I wouldn't vote for over any Democrat. Every one is better than any Democrat. Otherwise, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Last edited:
I’m in no way a liberal. I just don’t like Trump and hope he doesn’t run. I prefer Ron Desantis or Tom Cotton.
Trump won't run again. He fears losing a 2nd time. And I really don't believe Republicans would nominate him if he does anyway. And I have never felt Biden would run again. Biden got accomplished what I wanted: getting rid of Trump. If I had to wager, I'd bet on a Cotton vs Mitch Landrieu race, with Cotton winning. Personally, I'd prefer Ben Sasse, Marco Rubio, John Kasich or Mitt Romney for the GOP. I think any of those 4 would do great. I don't find anyone on the Democratic side appealing. I'm a swing voter. Most of you don't like it if someone is not 100% critical of Democrats or 100% praising of Republicans. But, facts don't allow me to do that. I have rarely voted straight one-party.

If I had to wager, I'd bet on a Cotton vs Mitch Landrieu race, with Cotton winning. Personally, I'd prefer Ben Sasse, Marco Rubio, John Kasich or Mitt Romney for the GOP. I think any of those 4 would do great.
I would be happy with either of those, besides Romney. He is trash, and I hope the voters of Utah rectify that mistake in a few years. It seems a lot of (R)'s have problems with Kasich, but I've always liked him.

DeSantis, however, has to be the front runner for the GOP if he decides to run.

Most of you don't like it if someone is not 100% critical of Democrats or 100% praising of Republicans. But, facts don't allow me to do that. I have rarely voted straight one-party.

This might make sense if you weren't 100% Democrat on every thread. I've seen you TALK about being middle of the road, but when the debates start up, it never seems to stick.

I would be happy with either of those, besides Romney. He is trash, and I hope the voters of Utah rectify that mistake in a few years. It seems a lot of (R)'s have problems with Kasich, but I've always liked him.

I supported Kasich in the 2016 SC GOP primary.

I do agree that DeSantis is the front-runner. I do like Romney because I'm an investor. With his background, he knows the markets as well, as anyone.

Trump won't run again. He fears losing a 2nd time. And I really don't believe Republicans would nominate him if he does anyway. And I have never felt Biden would run again. Biden got accomplished what I wanted: getting rid of Trump. If I had to wager, I'd bet on a Cotton vs Mitch Landrieu race, with Cotton winning. Personally, I'd prefer Ben Sasse, Marco Rubio, John Kasich or Mitt Romney for the GOP. I think any of those 4 would do great. I don't find anyone on the Democratic side appealing. I'm a swing voter. Most of you don't like it if someone is not 100% critical of Democrats or 100% praising of Republicans. But, facts don't allow me to do that. I have rarely voted straight one-party.
Mitt Romney….please no

I find it comical people would say that getting rid of Trump made Biden worth it. To hate a personality so bad you would take the intentional and purposeful destruction of our energy, economy, military, world reputation, border and more is sad.

I hope Desantis gets the republican nod.

Mitt Romney….please no

I find it comical people would say that getting rid of Trump made Biden worth it. To hate a personality so bad you would take the intentional and purposeful destruction of our energy, economy, military, world reputation, border and more is sad.

I hope Desantis gets the republican nod.
To each his own. I don't regret the choice I made between Trump and Biden. And regarding Romney, I became a multi-millionaire last year due to my investments. So far this year, I am up 20%. Thus, investments are very important to me.

To each his own. I don't regret the choice I made between Trump and Biden. And regarding Romney, I became a multi-millionaire last year due to my investments. So far this year, I am up 20%. Thus, investments are very important to me.
I am down 7.9% ytd….so I hate everyone😀

I equate investing to playing chess, not checkers. It's not easy.
I was a securities principal almost 20 years. I get it ….. The problem for me is I am trying to retire soon so not comfortable with the southbound direction now. I always had the approach when younger of buying more when the markets were down. But it’s how the markets work so I will ride a little longer.

I was a securities principal almost 20 years. I get it ….. The problem for me is I am trying to retire soon so not comfortable with the southbound direction now. I always had the approach when younger of buying more when the markets were down. But it’s how the markets work so I will ride a little longer.
I was a State Securities Commissioner decades ago. That might give me a little bit of an advantage but, I seriously doubt that. Obviously, I don't know your time frame nor need. It sounds like you are not far from the goal line. If you can stick it out a couple of years, I think you'll get there, probably sometime next year. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: tngamecock#
I don't regret the choice I made between Trump and Biden.

Nothing says "fringe left" like being happy with the job Biden has done so far.

And regarding Romney, I became a multi-millionaire last year due to my investments.

I sincerely hope you don't mean hitting two million. Because as much as you like to try and brag about investing, that would not be a large accomplishment for someone at your advanced age.

Last edited:
You don’t regret it?? WTH the country is on fire!! Borders wide open, inflation setting records, shelves bare, etc etc. glad you are okay with it, I’m not!

Everything I've ever seen on here from you is 100% positive for liberals/Democrat and 100% negative for conservatives/Republicans.

And yeah, you got rid of Trump, for now. What you got in exchange was far worse. Complete disaster in every respect, except the stock market, which is being propped up by insane government spending and a Fed refused to do the right thing to combat inflation. Orange man hurt my feelings wasb't a valid reason to put these morons in office. What you are seeing now is the result of emotional, uneducated voting, and it will get worse.

Last edited:
Everything I've ever seen on here from you is 100% positive for liberals/Democrat and 100% negative for conservatives/Republicans.

And yeah, you got rid of Trump, for now. What you got in exchange was far worse. Complete disaster in every respect, except the stock market, which is being propped up by insane government spending and a Fed refused to do the right thing to combat inflation. Orange man hurt my feelings was a valid reason to put these morons in office. What you are seeing now is the result of emotional, uneducated voting, and it will get worse.
Seriously? For example, then you did not read that I was critical of how the Afghanistan withdrawal was done. For example, you then did not read recently where I said the Care Act passed last year probably contributed to the high inflation. I cannot help that you either did not read those comments, comprehend them or skated over them. I'm never going to be 100% on one side or the other, unlike most here. As a result of either your failure to read or comprehend or simply taking the action to skate over what was previously said, I've wasted enough time on this. Have at it.

Seriously? For example, then you did not read that I was critical of how the Afghanistan withdrawal was done. For example, you then did not read recently where I said the Care Act passed last year probably contributed to the high inflation. I cannot help that you either did not read those comments, comprehend them or skated over them. I'm never going to be 100% on one side or the other, unlike most here. As a result of either your failure to read or comprehend or simply taking the action to skate over what was previously said, I've wasted enough time on this. Have at it.
Anyone with 1/2 a brain knew the Afghanistan debacle was ridiculous at best. Even the loudest liberal. Tell me one person other than Pedo Joe that thought it was a success.

No, but I just did a search on your posts, and EVERYTHING is pro Dem and anti Republican. You are no "swing voter" and there is zero chance that you vote for any Republicans. Ever.

My favorite quote, that really didn't age well. lol. But you are actually right about that. Not because conservatives cause chaos, but because liberals and their lying media do everything they can to create as much chaos a possible when a conservative is in office.

It's s_it like that why Trump is losing to Biden, according to the polls, 50.4 - 41.6. Conservative rule is chaos.

You don’t regret it?? WTH the country is on fire!! Borders wide open, inflation setting records, shelves bare, etc etc. glad you are okay with it, I’m not!

Insane. Even with covid, we and the entire world were in a much better place than we have ended up with Biden.

But that's not what it's about with people like him and DeeDumb. They would have voted for anybody over Trump, and they didn't care about the consequences. DeeDumb said he would have actually voted for Hunter Biden. lol. And they don't care now, likely because his policies haven't directly affected them to the point where it really hurts yet. Virtue signaling Limousine liberals. Folks like that aren't "swing voters" and will never admit a mistake. The people who actually suffer from his policies will speak at the voting booth, and that's a whole lotta people. Hopefully they show up in November and don't fall for the Dem payoffs that we all know is coming, like Student Loan "Forgiveness" and more COVID checks.

Anyone with 1/2 a brain knew the Afghanistan debacle was ridiculous at best. Even the loudest liberal. Tell me one person other than Pedo Joe that thought it was a success.

To summarize:

400k covid deaths without a vaccine
mean tweets
we aren't "together" as a nation
Trump must go

ANOTHER 600k covid death WITH a vaccine
8.5% inflation
record high gas prices
crime surging everywhere
Southern border being overrun in record numbers
Afghanistan debacle getting soldiers killed for no reason and drone strikes on innocent children
Ukraine consumed by death and destruction
Entire world destabilized politically and economically
No more energy independence.
we still aren't "together" as a nation. even more divided
I don't regret my vote for Biden. Just glad Trump is gone.

And that's just one year of Biden. But he did sign an executive order for transexuals first day in office. So there's that. Lia Thomas wins again.

Last edited:
And back to that "chaos under conservatives" statement.

Anybody notice how differently the Patrick Lyoya police shooting is being handled by the media and Democrats? No outrage. No rioting. No 24 hour coverage stirring up hate and anger. No statements from our own activist coach Staley.

Proof all the outrage over George Floyd was just politcal hacks attacking Trump for something he had NOTHING to do with and no control over. It happened in a Democrat city with a Democrat major and Democrat police chief, in a state with a Democrat gorvernor and Democrat attorney general. With 2 Democrat senators and 5 Democrat reps in the House.

The only reason we have chaos under conservatives is because Dem and Libs act like wild animals when they don't get their way. They will lie/cheat/steal to get power, no matter the cost.

And back to that "chaos under conservatives" statement.

Anybody notice how differently the Patrick Lyoya police shooting is being handled by the media and Democrats? No outrage. No rioting. No 24 hour coverage stirring up hate and anger. No statements from our own activist coach Staley.

Proof all the outrage over George Floyd was just politcal hacks attacking Trump for something he had NOTHING to do with and no control over. It happened in a Democrat city with a Democrat major and Democrat police chief, in a state with a Democrat gorvernor and Democrat attorney general. With 2 Democrat senators and 5 Democrat reps in the House.

The only reason we have chaos under conservatives is because Dem and Libs act like wild animals when they don't get their way. They will lie/cheat/steal to get power, no matter the cost.
Yep

Libs don’t care about Hunter’s laptop and what it likely means bc they never hear about it or choose not to listen. That thing is scary enough with just the small peak the mass media is now conceding to. Then they run away from looking any deeper.

Yep

Libs don’t care about Hunter’s laptop and what it likely means bc they never hear about it or choose not to listen. That thing is scary enough with just the small peak the mass media is now conceding to. Then they run away from looking any deeper.
But NEVER will they attempt to prosecute "The Big Pedo Guy"!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT