ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Albeit for a slightly bit of random discussion: ohio slate jumps passed Bama in the latest AP poll...

Gaimcock

Nov 18, 1998
Thoughts and opinions anyone, anyone???

Ohio State Buckeyes surge three spots to No. 2 in AP Top 25 college football poll

IMHO it appears as if a select few that participate in the AP Poll sure wish to see osu of the big 10 ranked ahead of the legit #2 team in the nation (i.e., Bama). I guess we'll see what we'll see though. I mean if Bama wins the SEC WEST (I think they do as long as they beat auburn this weekend), then it'll be UGA vs Bama in The SEC Championship. If UGA beats Bama then things will remain fairly in place. But if Bama beats UGA, then lookout as far as who ends up #1 in the top 4!!

Just though I'd post such herein. Like I said, we'll see what we'll see, but I DO NOT BELIEVE osu DESERVES A HIGHER RANKING THAN BAMA RIGHT NOW!!

JMHOFWIW. Y'all feel free to correct me accordingly!!!

Later!!!

The best teams in the last few years have had elite receiving corps so they could do what Ohio State did Saturday. One team that does not seem to have that level of a healthy elite corp is Georgia. They need to get/stay well, or it's a significant weakness.

Well OSU must like their chances versus UGA.
I would suspect they do. Definitely not the same team that began the season.....Stroud, Williams, Henderson, Njigbe are all freshmen and have improved dramatically. Their LB corp and most of their secondary was also new and young.

I would suspect they do. Definitely not the same team that began the season.....Stroud, Williams, Henderson, Njigbe are all freshmen and have improved dramatically. Their LB corp and most of their secondary was also new and young.
So ya think the buckeye's can beat the dawgs straight up right now?? Just askin', not calling BS at all!!

In fact IMHO, if and when these two teams line-up on some theoretical neutral field somewhere (now line 'em up somewhere where its cold and they're playing outside in the snow/ice/sleet/below freezing wind temperature, and yeah I'll give those northern boys a slight advantage over us fellow southerners who get the shivers at anything below 45 degrees!!), then at best I call it an even match, at worse, and because they at least seem to have a bigger list of 5 Star experienced starters that either aren't injured nor in-jail and are still starting, then I do believe the buckeyes are indeed the more experienced team of various talented starters.

Now, after rereading this/my reply here that ended up unintentionally being a book, then I digress!!!

With my blessing, by all means y'all feel free to slaughter my points herein!!

Yes I Still Hope da dawgs win it all 'cause I still believe that such would benefit The SEC East (Especially Us!!!!) in the long run!! But I tell ya, its been HARD to root for da dawgs!!! I mean like puking hard, but hey, GO SEC EAST!!!

Again, y'all feel free to correct my "thinkin'" herein now!!

Peace!!

So ya think the buckeye's can beat the dawgs straight up right now?? Just askin', not calling BS at all!!

In fact IMHO, if and when these two teams line-up on some theoretical neutral field somewhere (now line 'em up somewhere where its cold and they're playing outside in the snow/ice/sleet/below freezing wind temperature, and yeah I'll give those northern boys a slight advantage over us fellow southerners who get the shivers at anything below 45 degrees!!), then at best I call it an even match, at worse, and because they at least seem to have a bigger list of 5 Star experienced starters that either aren't injured nor in-jail and are still starting, then I do believe the buckeyes are indeed the more experienced team of various talented starters.

Now, after rereading this/my reply here that ended up unintentionally being a book, then I digress!!!

With my blessing, by all means y'all feel free to slaughter my points herein!!

Yes I Still Hope da dawgs win it all 'cause I still believe that such would benefit The SEC East (Especially Us!!!!) in the long run!! But I tell ya, its been HARD to root for da dawgs!!! I mean like puking hard, but hey, GO SEC EAST!!!

Again, y'all feel free to correct my "thinkin'" herein now!!

Peace!!
Do I think they can? Yes, absolutely. Will they? Who knows....but we're probably going to get the opportunity to find out.

Not sure what the Dawgs have lost due to injury or other reasons....but they have outrecruited everyone it seems for a few years now. TOSU replaced a lot of players after last year.....especially in some key positions....including QB, RB, WR, LBs and secondary as I previously noted.

IMO a game between the two would have UGA with the advantage on defense and TOSU with an advantage on offense. Both Smart and Day are good if not great young coaches. Don't think it will be an easy game for either.....and I don't think the weather will play much of a factor unless it is massive rains.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Without reading all the posts. Bama wins out, they are in as well as UGA. If UGA beats Bama, not 100% sure a two loss Bama gets in. Depends all the other conferences. Best part NO freaking ASHESHE in final four!

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT