ADVERTISEMENT

Ot Anybody seen the new rule on the PGA Tour?...

aj&uscgrad

Jul 16, 2000
They are allowed to keep the flag in on the green while they are putting. Looks unnatural. I can picture a rules stickler watching the coverage and not knowing the rules change and breaking their neck to call it in in a fit of self righteous indignation

Quite a few changes made. I like them all. I never saw a big deal about leaving the pin in. Got rid of the stupid double hit rule. And if you accidentally move the ball on the green....just put it back with no penalty

Last edited:
Quite a few changes made. I like them all. I never saw a big deal about leaving the pin in. Got rid of the stupid double hit rule. And if you accident move the ball on the green....just put it back with no penalty
Drop from knee level. That was revised from as low as an inch when new rules first came down.

Drop from knee level. That was revised from as low as an inch when new rules first came down.
This one makes no sense. They're trying to speed up the game.

Instead, drop from shoulder level over the tee you've placed - and accept that if it jumps 2 or 3 feet forward (often into a crappy lie) that's just part of the game.

When playing with folks that like to chip over the green a couple times, it keeps the pace of play moving when folks on the green can putt out.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT